The mkiv Supra Owners Club

car went bang!!! :(

L33

I was kidding mate :D I'm better off behind a laptop than a BBQ ;)

Just checking with Ryan if he'll supply the Solaris software so that sensor inputs can be verified...

Ok well I'll be the useless b1tch on my own :D lol

Ryan is a top bloke I'm sure he will help :)

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I was kidding mate :D I'm better off behind a laptop than a BBQ ;)

Just checking with Ryan if he'll supply the Solaris software so that sensor inputs can be verified...

Here is a link to the software guys

http://www.ds10.net/SSuite.exe

Best to give me a ring when you are there though and i can talk you through how to bring up the crank and cam scope.

Ryan

There you go Lee, you've got no excuse now. It's really nice to see club spirit like this, nice one guys.

I second that. It's great to see like minded members pulling together. If I lived a bit nearer I would offer but by the time I got there it would be all over!

Guest damo1

fella all you can do is dnt rush the same thing happened to me head gasket went on my calibra turbo took it to a garage just round corner frm me the repaired it £620 down and car lasted 2weeks and in that space the company folded

i found out that the used a polish mechanic who replaced my gasket with the same triple-layer 1 that was on the car didnt even fit a new part which i provided and to make matters worse they even put silicone sealant on it too... and stripped the thread in the block 3 head bolts wernt even tight just spinning away doing nothing to engine hence i was screwed bcse i didnt take it further!!

so i would get a second opinion on your car and seek legal advice to the take them to trade union and get your cash bck plus compensation for the work nt carryied out to a good level that would have keptd your car i working order..

why shud you suffer bcse some cowboy didnt do his job right and just took you cash.......

so again clear head and you will see the light mate

p.s sorry to hear about you gf and dadbut thats life if she wasnt comitted to you then plenty more fish in the sea im living proof

14 years with my daughters mum then ended just like that now i got a brilliant polish gf who does everything for me keep your chin up

Don't let your Polish girlfriend change your headgasket, going from previous experience perhaps? :)

It's outrageous talking of compensation, trade bodies and the like when no one seems to even know what has caused this, and I myself am at a loss to think of anything much the engine builder could have done to cause the suction side of the oil pump casting to fail. For what it's worth I think people should step back, calm down, slow down and fix it properly *AFTER* finding out what has gone wrong in the first place. Slapping a pump on is, err, well, just WRONG :) Where has the shrapnel gone? What caused this failure? You need to examine all the crank and rod bearings to see if they have suffered oil starvation, blah blah. A good coat of external looking at is the first port of call.

Don't let your Polish girlfriend change your headgasket, going from previous experience perhaps? :)

It's outrageous talking of compensation, trade bodies and the like when no one seems to even know what has caused this, and I myself am at a loss to think of anything much the engine builder could have done to cause the suction side of the oil pump casting to fail. For what it's worth I think people should step back, calm down, slow down and fix it properly *AFTER* finding out what has gone wrong in the first place. Slapping a pump on is, err, well, just WRONG :) Where has the shrapnel gone? What caused this failure? You need to examine all the crank and rod bearings to see if they have suffered oil starvation, blah blah. A good coat of external looking at is the first port of call.

Indeed, I'm with you on this one...

I know WF reckons leave the engine in, but I personally think lifting it out, putting it on a stand, clean it, take stock of what has gone (and where....). Do the oil check, compression/leakdown and have peek at the bores before doing ANYTHING else...just MHO as well, at the end of the day I'm offering hands.

Indeed, I'm with you on this one...

I know WF reckons leave the engine in, but I personally think lifting it out, putting it on a stand, clean it, take stock of what has gone (and where....). Do the oil check, compression/leakdown and have peek at the bores before doing ANYTHING else...just MHO as well, at the end of the day I'm offering hands.

That as a bare minimum, anything less would be a total waste of time IMHO. Having a good look at the bearings is essential.

• 2 weeks later...

a mate of mine has some tool to look into the bores with out taking all apart so he said i duno what it is or what it does? do u need this?! at least this weekend will get a report on if its major or not, and IF its fooked and the engine is out, just stick a new standard engine in a sell and strip the built engine to sell

listening to the screamer pipes on track at JF has made me wana get mine back tho :)

a mate of mine has some tool to look into the bores with out taking all apart so he said i duno what it is or what it does? do u need this?! at least this weekend will get a report on if its major or not, and IF its fooked and the engine is out, just stick a new standard engine in a sell and strip the built engine to sell

listening to the screamer pipes on track at JF has made me wana get mine back tho :)

It is called a boroscope, and yes it would be a DAMN good idea to get it :)

It is called a boroscope, and yes it would be a DAMN good idea to get it :)

Just make sure you either have a flexible probe or a variety of angles so you can get a good look round the chambers. Shame youre not closer, I could have got one from work, flexible video one.

• 3 weeks later...

Just out of interest, now all the things have been found and pics to show the work that needs doing would there be any one interested in buying the car to finish the work themselves?! Had a bit of a financial down turn and that's why I haven't been able to buy the few parts needed to get it all together. I have a crank pully, cam belt and fuel filter so there only bits off the top of my head that's needed is braided fuel lines, crank position sensor and a new fitting for the oil line for the turbo.

PM me if your generally interested

Cheers