The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Supra NA Owners vs Other cars

Guest George89

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What a hilarious thread, read through all of it and then through the EK one!

From reading both threads it seems that George likes to race Civic's & DC's all day long & then come on here to say his ass got handed to him by the Type R's and then went on the Honda forum to tell them he has beaten every single Honda he has raced.

I hope I have summarized this whole thread, loads of emotion on here :D

By the way George we have a number of members on here who are pretty high ranking police officers. It sounds like you do this all the time, also noticed you live down southend in your Honda board ID so I take it you do this racing quite a lot. As mentioned racing is fine and we all do it, just do it in a safe manner. Avoid the public roads & if you can attend some track days/drag strips, might save your life.

• 3 weeks later...

wwoooow sick of other forums going on about supra n/a=fails etc etc i think there awesome and fast tbh my auto sup would eat my 170bhp starlet turbo weighing 850kg but every one on the starlet forums where saying the opposite. i am very pleased with the power the n/a has just cant wait the get it TT he he

he he that comment on the honda forum " watched fast and the furious and want to be Oconner :trophy:

wwoooow sick of other forums going on about supra n/a=fails etc etc i think there awesome and fast tbh my auto sup would eat my 170bhp starlet turbo weighing 850kg but every one on the starlet forums where saying the opposite. i am very pleased with the power the n/a has just cant wait the get it TT he he

he he that comment on the honda forum " watched fast and the furious and want to be Oconner :trophy:

170hp starlet turbo dyno'd where? No offence mate but until silly speeds the starlet would tear an N/A apart if the HP claims were true and traction wasn't the reason for it being eaten.

I seen this thread and thought wow a long read but then got to this?! NA is very very slow? i`m sorry an NA isnt as fast as a TT obviously but i would love to know what they must have been driving before hand to say an NA is very very slow.. is it broken :S my NA pulls to 120 easily and steady whenever i take it to the local farm where we get use of the land and pulls upto 140 and was still going, sorry to just throw this in but! [ANGRY][/ANGRY] grrr NA's arent slow :p just not as fast as a TT easy

I know and i agree 100% that the NA is very very slow. It looks like it can do 200mph but it certanly far from it. I have seen people asking what car a NA do as they want to buy one so i thought this thread would help people make their mind up if they really want a NA. I will be selling the NA and buying a manual TT soon.

170hp starlet turbo dyno'd where? No offence mate but until silly speeds the starlet would tear an N/A apart if the HP claims were true and traction wasn't the reason for it being eaten.

yea dude i have a dyno print out. i really think the sup is alot quicker since i have drove both defently the sup feels alot more powerful.

well a 167.7 bhp.

Your bstarlet would rape an NA to 70ish.

Rolling from 60 onwards the NA would piss it, lets face it NAs are just not good low down, their is just too much weight and not enough power.

I love my NA, i wish for 20-30 more HP but i know that most decent hot hatches will beat it at a standing start.

I would be very surprised if your N/A would outpull the starlet. The power to weight ratio is HUGE. Granted after 80-100 ish it would run out of puff and the torqey N/A would just stroll past.

The starlet should definitely feel more nimble at legal speeds.

Guest Rapture

supra 3.0 n/a Vs. Astra coupe 2.0 turbo. gsi i think.

dead heat to 60mph, astra takes lead, supra ahead again by 120mph. dont know distance.

i have to say there is no comparison between the na and tt on the straights,but say if you were driving through twist country roads would the tt power really be to any benefit.I would imagine the na would have the edge through this type of driving situation.Correct me if im wrong but the tt is a low compression engine no real power until the turbo kicks in,where as the na `s higher compression engine can just keep the power down .Im also thinking of manuals here so the na 5 speed would be better geard aswell.

So i would say for people on a budget who live in areas like im on about the na is a good car.I think just owning a supra to be in the club is satisfying enough ,as i have never been in a car club with members as close as this one.The advice all be it positive and negative has come from experience so is always taken on board.

just thought i would add a comment after reading through this thread.

and just to add stop racing around the public roads you may think your a good driver but others may not be ,also pedestrians will not be so aware mainly elderly and kids.heaven forbid you ever ran anybody over.

Edited by barneybrendan (see edit history)

I would imagine the na would have the edge through this type of driving situation.Correct me if im wrong but the tt is a low compression engine no real power until the turbo kicks in,where as the na `s higher compression engine can just keep the power down .Im also thinking of manuals here so the na 5 speed would be better geard aswell

different power delivery characteristics demand different driving styles.....in any case, i'd be surprised if a NA was in the same timezone as the TT :)

i have to say there is no comparison between the na and tt on the straights,but say if you were driving through twist country roads would the tt power really be to any benefit.I would imagine the na would have the edge through this type of driving situation.Correct me if im wrong but the tt is a low compression engine no real power until the turbo kicks in,where as the na `s higher compression engine can just keep the power down .Im also thinking of manuals here so the na 5 speed would be better geard aswell.

So i would say for people on a budget who live in areas like im on about the na is a good car.I think just owning a supra to be in the club is satisfying enough ,as i have never been in a car club with members as close as this one.The advice all be it positive and negative has come from experience so is always taken on board.

just thought i would add a comment after reading through this thread.

and just to add stop racing around the public roads you may think your a good driver but others may not be ,also pedestrians will not be so aware mainly elderly and kids.heaven forbid you ever ran anybody over.

Track times tend to be very close, all about the driver.

Public road racing? theres a time and place for everything.

Starlets i found were all turbo, polo G40s however would kil my N/A.

Just my 5 pence.

supra 3.0 n/a Vs. Astra coupe 2.0 turbo. gsi i think.

dead heat to 60mph, astra takes lead, supra ahead again by 120mph. dont know distance.

Supra 3.0 n/a Vs Cheetah, Cheetah takes early lead to 60 mph, supra ahead again by 61 mph. Don't know why.

2 more posts to go...

Edited by Lbm (see edit history)

Guest Rapture
Supra 3.0 n/a Vs Cheetah, Cheetah takes early lead to 60 mph, supra ahead again by 61 mph. Don't know why.

2 more posts to go...

followed by witty retort

..............nice

i have to say there is no comparison between the na and tt on the straights,but say if you were driving through twist country roads would the tt power really be to any benefit.

The NA is a great car IMO, and the twistier a road gets the closer the gap narrows. The Llandow track is one with enough twists that the NA's aren't stomped on and can use their slight nimbleness/weight advantage to almost counter the tt's straight line dominance.....

Most of the slating is just wind ups imo so dont take it heart na owners, one day you might get a real supra;)

it still annoys me and I don't have one anymore..............a LOT of TT's owners who indulge in the 'banter' could beat an NA every time down a drag strip or dual carriageway but couldn't beat a well driven NA around Llandow.........

Thats nothing to do with the cars though, if you was in a tt you would go even faster.

I'd like to think so, but I really don't think it would be as much as people think......I'm just saying that the way the NA is continually slated you'd think no one would have a chance of keeping up with any TT driven by anyone......:)