The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Supra NA Owners vs Other cars

Guest George89

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow! Why is this guy getting such a hard time? If another, longer standing/more popular member had posted about their exploits on the road (possibly with video evidence) the "fan bois" would have been all over the thread kissing his ass. In the grand scale of things drag races to 60mph on a very quiet stretch of road don't seem that bad.

Having said that. To the OP. Your driving an n/a, please don't race ANYTHING. You're embarrassing all of us.

Edited by TonyP
Appalling grammar lol (see edit history)

Wow! Why is this guy getting such a hard time? If another, longer standing/more popular member had posted about their exploits on the road (possibly with video evidence) the "fan bois" would have been all over the thread kissing his ass.

If another, longer standing/more popular member had posted about their exploits they'd have done it in the Spirited Driving section.

Your new. After a couple of years (if you don't stuff it in a hedge trying to prove you can beat a pug 307 off at the lights) you'll realise that NA's are not high powered and that there is much more ownership fun and enjoyment than thrashing it around to prove a point.

Guest George89

I know and i agree 100% that the NA is very very slow. It looks like it can do 200mph but it certanly far from it. I have seen people asking what car a NA do as they want to buy one so i thought this thread would help people make their mind up if they really want a NA. I will be selling the NA and buying a manual TT soon.

Guest Brian Mallon

I really don'y know why you are all giving this guy such a hard time to be honest, he has bought his car and can drive it whatever way he wants to drive it.

i recently watched a youtube video of a club member on here. not mentioning any names with his link to his 700 odd horsepower supra clearly doing highly illegal speeds on the public roads and not one comment from any members about how dangerous it was, Just because he has 700hp makes him above that does it, but if you drive an n/a it makes you a chav.

the guy was jus providing information which some would find quite interesting, i know i did and i don't drive an n/a

The key point I was making, is about safety, and yes I am against racing on public roads. There has been a number of accidents already this year and at low speed. This time of year is not the best for driving yet alone racing.

For Brian Mallon.

but if you drive an n/a it makes you a chav

How do you work this out? As alot of the members that have replied in this thread do drive N/A's like myself.

we've all sped at some point in our lives. some people just realise its not worth it, either by crashing, getting caught or very close calls. but in any case normally realise track days and RWYB days are just more interesting.

i much prefer racing where my time slip is going to be printed at the end :D

but that my opinions. i'm just to scared to race on the streets as i don't want to get bent over my car and raped.

couldnt care less what other people do because i know one day they will get caught out and realise :).

not that is has much to do with this thread but yea.

in any case back on topic

i'v driven a few different honda's and the torque at low end sucks (this is probably why you got the jump)

yet the high end power to weight is amazing which is why they caught up.

dc2's are still one of my fav cars.

:)

Your new. After a couple of years (if you don't stuff it in a hedge trying to prove you can beat a pug 307 off at the lights) you'll realise that NA's are not high powered and that there is much more ownership fun and enjoyment than thrashing it around to prove a point.

I like this very trus, i now own a N/A thats fully stripped and has been decated and still its rubbish, but i use it for drifting at oulton park - trackdays around the country and its great, cheap to fix - cheap to run and looks good.

I used to have a uk tt6 and much prefer to drive the N/A.

Basically NA's are not quick cars. I had one, loved it, but its not a fast car. They look like supras but perform like any other sporty car. Upgrading to a TT really was an eye opener to me, looks like a fast car, performs like a fast car.
my old n/a manual was fast enough to beat a non turbo porsche :eyebrows:

"They look like supras" lol what are they if they are not? corsas in drag :D

the only thing missing from the n/a is the turbos but its STILL A SUPRA

ive owned 2 n/a and now a tt :eyebrows:

i find most people wont have a do with me in my n/a but then again i dont slouch much on the motorway in the first place. dont forget most people just see a supra they dont know theres big diffrences between the models....im kinda glad i have an n/a as it limits my top end speeds

Guest Brian Mallon
The key point I was making, is about safety, and yes I am against racing on public roads. There has been a number of accidents already this year and at low speed. This time of year is not the best for driving yet alone racing.

For Brian Mallon.

but if you drive an n/a it makes you a chav

How do you work this out? As alot of the members that have replied in this thread do drive N/A's like myself.

I was not calling n/a drivers chavs, read my comment again correctly this time.