Guest George89

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So its:

Supra 0 - Honda/Saxo 4?

Not a good track record :D

100km isn't a good speed for the N/A. The weight is still a huge factor to the acceleration. You need to wait until the friction takes over (around 100mph) and that is where you should have the edge on similar power cars with less torque.

FWIW I think the manual N/A's are faster than the Auto's. Some people agree (manual owners I'm guessing) and some people disagree (Auto owners I'm guessing). I don't own either in the N/A variant, without the tubby's the Auto just felt sluggish to me..... the manual was a lot more responsive and fun.

FWIW I think the manual N/A's are faster than the Auto's. Some people agree (manual owners I'm guessing) and some people disagree (Auto owners I'm guessing). I don't own either in the N/A variant, without the tubby's the Auto just felt sluggish to me..... the manual was a lot more responsive and fun.

I own both, i dont know what the official stats are but to me the auto na feels faster than the manual.

Well I have owned a Integra DC2 so I know how it drives, and I own a Toyota Supra N/A at the moment.

Well if you know to drive a DC2 you will beat a N/A thats for sure. and going downhill a DC2 will win every time.

In my experience, in a straight road, it would be a very close call with the N/A getting a lead at the end.

Going uphill the N/A would win everytime, DC2 lacks power going uphill, because of the low torgue, but they make up for it, by being at high RPM all the time. but still the N/A would win going uphill.

I myself am against street racing, but I still find post like these interesting, just because I highly disagree with racing on public roads. does not mean I will judge other people who like it, I loved racing before my accident, and maybe you will change your ways after a accident of your own.

I think mr.nevins was in his right to point out the safety issues. His son may be driving around sensible and getting hit by a street racer, so looking at it that way it I will agree with Nevins.

But at the same time I see where you are coming from, and I understand that. And I like reading post like these where the author has a point to make, so I think it is wrong to keep telling him it is wrong, because he knows it is wrong, he does not need any of us to tell him this, but rather he wants an opinion about subject on hand.

But I will say this, I am glad so many people on this forum take street racing seriously. it is a big problem and it is needs to stop or we will see more lives lost.

I hope I got my point across.

Guest George89
Well I have owned a Integra DC2 so I know how it drives, and I own a Toyota Supra N/A at the moment.

Well if you know to drive a DC2 you will beat a N/A thats for sure. and going downhill a DC2 will win every time.

In my experience, in a straight road, it would be a very close call with the N/A getting a lead at the end.

Going uphill the N/A would win everytime, DC2 lacks power going uphill, because of the low torgue, but they make up for it, by being at high RPM all the time. but still the N/A would win going uphill.

I myself am against street racing, but I still find post like these interesting, just because I highly disagree with racing on public roads. does not mean I will judge other people who like it, I loved racing before my accident, and maybe you will change your ways after a accident of your own.

I think mr.nevins was in his right to point out the safety issues. His son may be driving around sensible and getting hit by a street racer, so looking at it that way it I will agree with Nevins.

But at the same time I see where you are coming from, and I understand that. And I like reading post like these where the author has a point to make, so I think it is wrong to keep telling him it is wrong, because he knows it is wrong, he does not need any of us to tell him this, but rather he wants an opinion about subject on hand.

But I will say this, I am glad so many people on this forum take street racing seriously. it is a big problem and it is needs to stop or we will see more lives lost.

I hope I got my point across.

I agree with your post but the main problem is teens from the age of 17-19 that get their first cars and think they own the streets they are the dangerous drivers. I have seen a lot of chavs doing well over 60mph on a busy high road now thats dangerous. I don't put my foot down when their is people around expeshly in town or small roads. We all own performance cars and we all get that feeling sometimes we want to floor it.

And just to add. The DC2 did win i aint saying i beat the DC2 but 1st and 2nd gear in the auto was winning after that you might as well put your window down and wave as the DC2 passes.

I completly understand about how serious street racing is and i am sorry for making such a thread. Is just the thing i don't understand some people can do it with way more powerful cars and way faster speeds and is all good but not NA.

No one calls a TT driver a chav but they definatly call NA driver chavs. We all can't afford TT's straight away.

Chavs are the people who put decals on the side of their car and a 12" inch sub set to max etc etc.

I didn't buy a NA supra too show off that i got a supra, I bought it because i have a passion for supras for a very long time and i have been saving every penny to move on to the TT

Guest George89

And just too add why do you think when police stop a supra speeding they normally let you go without too much of a problem but if a corsa done the exact same speed you would get warnings and maybe points on your license. The most dangrous racers on the streets are the people who own normal cars and they think they are street racers. Their isnt anything more dangrous on the road then a 1.2, 1.4 etc cars racing. They don't have the breaking power, the handling etc to handle them speeds and what happens accidents all the time. You can't race a car which aint built for racing is a simple fact you will end up with a massive accident.

I'm not getting involved in the squabble, I'd be a hypocrite if I said I'd never raced anyone on a public road....however I will contribute by adding this....

Served by a saxo.......maybe your mates left their Hondas in over-drive :D

I was there waiting for the whoosh, but no. Fail. :D

I dont get it; street racing??

Is that like the stuff that goes on in "fast and furious"? Does this actually happen??

The term "street racing" sounds so official, like a planned event. Probably why it is coming across as chavvy; it gives the impression that there is a secret meet somwhere, where people prod around under bonnets, rev the tits off their engines, and are surrounded by 16 year old girls in velour tracksuits.

A spirited drive on the other hand is a bit more grown up - not intentionally going out to "race" someone, but if the opportunity arises to give you car a little blip when confronted by a car with equal reputation - why not?

Personally, I love driving fast and have owned superbikes in the past. Problem is that I drive about 300 miles, and have see some terrible accidents - more than enough to put you off. Also, the police are driving such a variety of unmarked cars and the 90mph instant ban is not anyones idea of fun.

...My TSD is disconnected