The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Supra NA Owners vs Other cars

Guest George89

Guest George89
Where did these awesome tests take place? Race tracks or car parks/city streets?

Also rear wheel drive vs front wheel, rear gets a better launch every time. Theres your advantage

Not a car park or city streets. Out of london on motorway or big dual quite dual carrage roads.

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Too be honest no never and don't get the wrong idea that i speed like a idiot 24/7 everynow and then i like to push the car if i don't whats the point in having one. We all know we been over 100mph on public roads (motorways) so no point in having a go at someone else. This is a forum for supra lovers and we love supras because of their looks and performance this aint a police forum that we can't go 71mph on a m25

Although bragging about it is a bit stupid in a way, this is a public forum. I was not having a go at you but simply saying that there are safer ways to go about these things that will not land you with a ban or worse.

Too be honest no never and don't get the wrong idea that i speed like a idiot 24/7 everynow and then i like to push the car if i don't whats the point in having one. We all know we been over 100mph on public roads (motorways) so no point in having a go at someone else. This is a forum for supra lovers and we love supras because of their looks and performance this aint a police forum that we can't go 71mph on a m25

bare in mind that some of the mods/admins on here are police officers ;)

Guest George89

And i am trying to say i don't do this on a regular basis it was a one of test with no public around. And S44m KT you only live ones stop being to paranoid and scared. If you are going to do everything by the book then good luck with it. I aint asking for your opinion.

Guest George89

Plus i don't know if anyone can recall did i say i when over 70mph? i said up to 100KM which is 60mph and on m25 i don't really think thats speeding. And of the lights on some dual carrageways which i aint really breaking the speed limit so what are you having a go for

Guest George89

What i realised about people on this forum they judge you off what you drive and who you are racing.

Like matt says on the spirited part of the forum he had a go at racing a bently GT and you all want to know about it and are interested.

You hear NA vs type r and you all go mad throwing in all the laws.

If i said single supra vs F430 i gurantee you this would be a whole diffrent story and the laws wouldn't come in to it. And thats a FACT.

So stop judging people because of who they are racing or whatever reason.

And none of you are denying going over 100mph in public so i suggest stop trying to tell someone else what to not do when you do the exact same thing!

What i realised about people on this forum they judge you off what you drive and who you are racing.

i can pretty much assure you that nobody cares who you are "racing" and how can everyone judge what you drive, when they drive the same?!

Get over yourself. nobody is interested in your illegal antics and how you choose to brag about them.

Like matt says on the spirited part of the forum he had a go at racing a bently GT and you all want to know about it and are interested.

If i said single supra vs F430 i gurantee you this would be a whole diffrent story and the laws wouldn't come in to it. And thats a FACT.

And none of you are denying going over 100mph in public so i suggest stop trying to tell someone else what to not do when you do the exact same thing!

Right then, before you try and play that card. I drive an n/a myself, and if you would like to go through each post that I have added to this thread, I have not said anything about you speeding. All I have said is that its safer to do this type of thing legally on a track or strip.

I my self have lost someone close to me through idiots racing at night. So yes i did comment about safety.

Actually, you should bare in mind that we've had some loved and valued members killed at the wheels of their cars.

Even as I'm typing this I know I've posted about decent races, including racing bikes and the like but don't expect a warm welcome for doing it.

Quite the opposite. Luckily, I have Red M to keep me in line.

In fact, from now on if I have any run-ins they won't be documented. They certainly won't be shouted about.

Maybe it's a touchy subject, but in this case you should calm it and try and absorb what we're saying. Believe me, I'm a serious driver and I've learnt the above the hard way. Try and take heed.

i can pretty much assure you that nobody cares who you are "racing" and how can everyone judge what you drive, when they drive the same?!

Get over yourself. nobody is interested in your illegal antics and how you choose to brag about them.

Right then, before you try and play that card. I drive an n/a myself, and if you would like to go through each post that I have added to this thread, I have not said anything about you speeding. All I have said is that its safer to do this type of thing legally on a track or strip.

I my self have lost someone close to me through idiots racing at night. So yes i did comment about safety.

Guys, remember this guy is new and might now know about recent developments, or maybe doesn't know about Nick Hogan's small incident?! Give him a chance to learn, it might work out better than biting his head off in the long-run. ;)

he's been here longer than me. and has a fair few posts under his belt. besides, we wont be the only ones to think the way we do. if it didnt come from us, then it would come from someone else.

simples :)

Well you're new, too.

If it came from you or from someone else, you still need to open your mind and think about other people's perspectives.

Your approach is coming across as both touchy and harsh, when all you really intend is to give good advice (I think).

In the end of the day it comes down to personal opinions. My view is leave it for the track. Safety is a big thing when it comes to a supra, I think everyone will agree that they are not the best in an accident from images of low speed crashes.

In my approach I would say that I have not come across as a fool and said that he is satans spawn for speeding lol.

Just said what alot of members would say on here.

I think some people are being pretty harsh in this thread... seems there's quite a few new keyboard warriors popping up lately who just seem to enjoy having a go at people. How about we give the guy a break, not condoning racing around the streets, but how about explaining the reasons why you don't think it's a good idea in a calm manner rather than resulting to childish insults and stereotypes.... there's plenty of other threads where 'spirited driving' has occurred and the OP hasn't taken such abuse.

Edit : After re-reading I see some people have started to explain why they don't condone street racing to him, but should have happened a lot earlier in the thread.

Serious subject street racing so I will add the comedy value to lighten things up :)

Right then, before you try and play that card. I drive an n/a myself,

I thought you had a TT big G? Never mind that you do have one thing in common with George89, you both drive n/a's that get ragged by Fiat Punto Turbo Diesel's...:D Ask JonathonC he admitted it:blink: to his mistake. . .

The pi$$ take

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=204084

JonoC's thread on IMOC

http://www.imoc.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?p=1116675

Sheepy's quote on IMOC lol;)

it was the best breakfast my punto has ever had!!!!

The morale of this story? Listen to Nevins, dont brag about racing, its not what owning a Supra is all about and N/A's against Fiats?? hahaha forget it .. your toast

Scotty

Edited by scotty71 (see edit history)

Wow this got out of hand quick.

Anyways, i'm surprised that the supe beat them off the line, mine feels like sh*te if i try to pull away fast (havn't launched it yet, will wait for santapod)

As mentioned in one of the other posts, it seems to be rolling in 3rd that it wants to start pulling after its got a bit of momentum in its fat arse, saying that i still havn't been over 70mph.

So overall summary the NA can out accelerate most cars in similar bhp (FWD) range but after 100km it can't hold on. But am sure a manual would be a diffrent story

Might well be. I've not driven an auto N/A but I really love the feeling of shifting through the gears.

Having said that, I always remember I am in an N/A (and the general cost of fuel at the moment) and drive pretty conservatively.