Need more power, my mate just bought a Skyline GTR

Guest Supra_matt

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I've been in a r34 skyline which was supposedly 650bhp ( it was a mate of a mates) and to say it was quick was would be a understatement, but after being in adnan's single when he had it, it did feel quicker!

I aint really replied to this thread much as I love both cars more the r34 than the r33 mind, i'd love to see some one on ones at pod, but if i'm honest i dont think you'd get the same thrill factor out of a skyline as you do from a supra! The supra looks like a sports car, the skyline looks like a family car with a decent engine!

A conversation me and my other half had when I bought the supra..

OH: looked how cramped it is in the back!

ME: I know, Rhianna ( daughter) is only small so we'll be ok!

OH: what about if we want to have another baby

ME: i'll have to get something more family friendly

OH: like what?

ME: a skyline!

Guest Supra_matt

Jesus, whats been going off on hear

Just to clarify Dan does have a skyline buts it fairly standard probably 300bhp and hes never been to santa pod in his life. lol

we havrnt had chance to race properly yet, round town he will beat me off the lights everytime but 1/4 mile i should have the edge. I just wanted some advice to make sure i beat him.

But ive been laughing my ass off for the last half hour it took to read, its good to have abit of banter but need to cut the bad mouthing out.

Haha funny old thread to be fair. To be fair I've not been in a single supra but have been in a 650 bhp r33 gtr and driven a 680bhp r34 gtr.

Both go like the clappers and I'd love to experience a supra with similar power to be able to compare the experience. The chap with the gtr on the thread has said his piece but it would be interesting if the club were to engage with the gtroc for a proper meet/drag shootout etc. I pm'd the chairman of the gtroc but received no reply unforunately.

Maybe the likes of Lui, Jb, Homer etc might have more success than I did with trying to get something off the ground.

Hmm well after owning a Supra for 7 years and modifying it from a stock auto TT all the way to 6 speed single turbo with all the trimmings I have to say I think the Supra doesn't have any major issues with grip or traction its all how you drive it. I have driven recently a couple of R34 Skylines at around 600ish HP and tbh it’s a totally different driving experience, I wouldn’t say one was faster than the other( in a straight line)! The Supra pulls from very low down, where as with the Skyline I felt like I had to rev it much more. However the grip and handling was just amazing!!! It felt much stronger through the corners.

I've just sold the Supra for a R34 V-Spec with a full built engine and twin Apexi turbos flowing 430hp each :eyebrows: I'm hoping that it will be as quick as the supra :) and I will be bring it to Supra pod this year and more than happy to test it against some different Supras :eyebrows:

The way I see both cars is the Supra is a better looking motor and much better at cruising! Plus its better built and seems a lot less flimsy! However I think the Skyline has the edge with handling IMHO and I love all the technology.

Hmm well after owning a Supra for 7 years and modifying it from a stock auto TT all the way to 6 speed single turbo with all the trimmings I have to say I think the Supra doesn't have any major issues with grip or traction its all how you drive it. I have driven recently a couple of R34 Skylines at around 600ish HP and tbh it’s a totally different driving experience, I wouldn’t say one was faster than the other( in a straight line)! The Supra pulls from very low down, where as with the Skyline I felt like I had to rev it much more. However the grip and handling was just amazing!!! It felt much stronger through the corners.

I've just sold the Supra for a R34 V-Spec with a full built engine and twin Apexi turbos flowing 430hp each :eyebrows: I'm hoping that it will be as quick as the supra :) and I will be bring it to Supra pod this year and more than happy to test it against some different Supras :eyebrows:

The way I see both cars is the Supra is a better looking motor and much better at cruising! Plus its better built and seems a lot less flimsy! However I think the Skyline has the edge with handling IMHO and I love all the technology.

I'll be sure to check the door bolts then Rob, I wouldn't want them coming off and going into the crowd when I go past you!!!!;):p:eyebrows:

Supra - Loved mine for high speed autobahn driving. Fantastic all round GT car that was solid as a rock and bags of useable torque.

R34 GT-R - Perfect if you want to drive at truly silly speeds through mountain roads. The grip is *bonkers* and revving the nuts off the RB26 is huge fun. Needs decent tuning so it doesn't feel like a bus full of fat chicks.

3000GT - The car of choice for those that want to take the piss out of their AA Membership.