The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Need more power, my mate just bought a Skyline GTR

Guest Supra_matt

Supra - Loved mine for high speed autobahn driving. Fantastic all round GT car that was solid as a rock and bags of useable torque.

R34 GT-R - Perfect if you want to drive at truly silly speeds through mountain roads. The grip is *bonkers* and revving the nuts off the RB26 is huge fun. Needs decent tuning so it doesn't feel like a bus full of fat chicks.

3000GT - The car of choice for those that want to take the piss out of their AA Membership.

Prob spot on!!! Do the AA still accept 3000GT owners????

I remember my sig from the GTR board

"Never has so much been spent by so many to go so slow" !!!!!!!

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

a 3000gt, you are funny. Have you seen their 1/4 mile times?

Skyline might just get the jump on a start but the huge drivetrain losses through the 4wd will drag it down.

But you own a Skyline so you must believe it is the fastest thing you can get otherwise you bought an inferior car.

lmao! ahahahahaha you got owned! JB has spoken lol

right ok i wasnt talk because i was too busy laughing but here goes:-

no doubt that skyline is quick and no doubt it does take off pretty quickly compared to the sup but once the sup gets going the skyline is left eating dust.

when i went single i had aprox 550 hp running in my car, a friend of mine has an r33 that had a dyno proven report stating it was 650hp. on our private race track called erm the M1 from 70mph we were next to each other, both of us put our foot down the skyline pulled 1 car length ahead but once the supra got comfortable i went past the liner and kept going on and on until i couuld see see him about 6 car lengths behind. needless to say, i wiped the floor with the skyline.

next thing, yes the skyline is quick and mad around a track but do you honestly call yourself a driver? you put a supra driver in a skyline and he'll woop you around a track. simply speaking if you can spank a supra around a track then your a driver. i have driven loads of skylines and i be honest they piss me off like anything. the car does everything, i want that adrenaline, i want to wrestle with the car and show it whos boss, i wana get the tale out and show supreme car control. driving the skyline gets boring as theirs no actuall fear factor and so no thrill factor. taking off 0-60 etc yes it fun but other than that its nothing more.

finally the most important thing, looks. i have asked like 30 girls now whats prettier a supra or skyline, showed them pic's the 1st comment was the skyline is 'hidious' needless i say more.

i would own a skyline, they are great cars and fun but for share driving experiences which these cars are all about, its supra supra supra and RWD. i would choose any RWD any day even a 200sx over a skyline to belt on a track.

Now were the hell is jamie in all of this!?

right ok i wasnt talk because i was too busy laughing but here goes:-

no doubt that skyline is quick and no doubt it does take off pretty quickly compared to the sup but once the sup gets going the skyline is left eating dust.

when i went single i had aprox 550 hp running in my car, a friend of mine has an r33 that had a dyno proven report stating it was 650hp. on our private race track called erm the M1 from 70mph we were next to each other, both of us put our foot down the skyline pulled 1 car length ahead but once the supra got comfortable i went past the liner and kept going on and on until i couuld see see him about 6 car lengths behind. needless to say, i wiped the floor with the skyline.

next thing, yes the skyline is quick and mad around a track but do you honestly call yourself a driver? you put a supra driver in a skyline and he'll woop you around a track. simply speaking if you can spank a supra around a track then your a driver. i have driven loads of skylines and i be honest they piss me off like anything. the car does everything, i want that adrenaline, i want to wrestle with the car and show it whos boss, i wana get the tale out and show supreme car control. driving the skyline gets boring as theirs no actuall fear factor and so no thrill factor. taking off 0-60 etc yes it fun but other than that its nothing more.

finally the most important thing, looks. i have asked like 30 girls now whats prettier a supra or skyline, showed them pic's the 1st comment was the skyline is 'hidious' needless i say more.

i would own a skyline, they are great cars and fun but for share driving experiences which these cars are all about, its supra supra supra and RWD. i would choose any RWD any day even a 200sx over a skyline to belt on a track.

Now were the hell is jamie in all of this!?

Yeah but he'd take you to 30 in the wet any day, even granny shifting not double clutching like he should:search:

supra ftw , and i want my na-t to go like that one :)

i had a skline r33 for for a weekend when i was thinking of buyin a jap car and i couldnt wait to go out and buy my own........ until i testdrove a supra for the first time.coupled with the million times better looks mind was instantly made up

I like R34 V-Spec skylines, but you cant escape the fact that skylines on the whole are a "juiced-up" saloon, like a scooby's older brother.

They carry a chav chic; their natural habitat is beneath a street lamp outside a co-op on a housing estate, and can often be found in tesco express carparks enterataining pre-consent girls carrying the smell of white lightening on their breaths - why do you think the insursance is so high??

The supra however has a unique classic shape,that has been sculpted to depict what a sports car should look like - for anyone to say that they are ugly in standard trim is an ass-clown.

It seems since skylines have become more affordable (bar the insurance), more little scrotes have been buying them and modifying them on tiny budgets using Ebay parts . Seems a shame that the mighty have fallen, and fear this is the future for Supras

well i dont have to explain myself to lower spec driver and people with lower spec cars so bye bye"

I have only just seen this thread think, Dan you must be what “piston headers” call a troll to come out with something like that.

So you’re a better spec driver because you have 4wd where is the skill in that? sorry but 4wd is boring its along the same lines as having sex with a condom on ... and thats a bit like wearing socks in the bath you just wouldn’t!.

Anyways here are some pros racing in the rain,evo, supra +rx7 enjoy

"Ridox Supra vs Yumekobo RX7 vs Auto Produce Boss EVO VIII MR RS - Mad Wet Conditions!"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x9ticDhKItI

Edited by chazuk (see edit history)

With all these amazing Supra drivers and Supras clearly being the fastest car of all time I am very hopeful for us putting a winning team together for TOTB this year ;)

I'll be sure to check the door bolts then Rob, I wouldn't want them coming off and going into the crowd when I go past you!!!!;):p:eyebrows:

LOL *Goes to speak to Matt about NOS* :D

Moi ??????:eyebrows:

Only cause I'm making him build me one :D

I like R34 V-Spec skylines, but you cant escape the fact that skylines on the whole are a "juiced-up" saloon, like a scooby's older brother.

They carry a chav chic; their natural habitat is beneath a street lamp outside a co-op on a housing estate, and can often be found in tesco express carparks enterataining pre-consent girls carrying the smell of white lightening on their breaths - why do you think the insursance is so high??

The supra however has a unique classic shape,that has been sculpted to depict what a sports car should look like - for anyone to say that they are ugly in standard trim is an ass-clown.

It seems since skylines have become more affordable (bar the insurance), more little scrotes have been buying them and modifying them on tiny budgets using Ebay parts . Seems a shame that the mighty have fallen, and fear this is the future for Supras

Are you serious? Do you not think that is the same for all fast cars of this type? And I dont think its the future for the Supra but very much present and the past 3-4 years! But again it would'nt stop me buying another one or a Skyline.

Dan, though I'd embed this in case you had trouble with the link, have to admit I agree with you though Dan, the Supra is rubbish in the wet! I mean look at the video, not once does it spin off the track! Also Dude, what is it with you putting up video's of Supra's with slow launches :D

On a off note, Dan we are not taking the mickey or anything out of you. We value all members across the globe, we just hope you take some of our input & in future think about the information you are feed. :)

x9ticDhKItI

"Are you serious? Do you not think that is the same for all fast cars of this type? And I dont think its the future for the Supra but very much present and the past 3-4 years! But again it would'nt stop me buying another one or a Skyline."

as supra owners we and we alone have the power to stop this fate. we should all up the price of our cars when selling or just advertise our cars at a price that they are trully worth deaers will then see these cars and think "well if they are goin at that price i can sell the ones i have for an extra few grand . all of a sudden supras are no longer available at silly chave affordable prices .

c'mon everybody we can save the car we love

for sale 94 supra na-t average condition 80k £10,995 :) c'mon guys

as supra owners we and we alone have the power to stop this fate. we should all up the price of our cars when selling or just advertise our cars at a price that they are trully worth deaers will then see these cars and think "well if they are goin at that price i can sell the ones i have for an extra few grand . all of a sudden supras are no longer available at silly chave affordable prices .

c'mon everybody we can save the car we love

for sale 94 supra na-t average condition 80k £10,995 :) c'mon guys

I agree, £20,000 for my TT :D