The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Need more power, my mate just bought a Skyline GTR

Guest Supra_matt

Guest GTR_DanGTODAVE

Guys lmao.... little biased arent we.the 3000gt are 325 bhp STOCK and do a 0-60 in 4.9 (uk ones) they only weigh 1780 coz of AWS system,Electric suspension and few other little items, get rid of em like i am and you will be in the 1600+kg class. I own a 3000 so im goin to sway and say my opinion lol. but on a launch, come on seriously..., round a tight corner....again come on guys. there all in the same league.but you guys cant see. do some research.ill bring my print out in the summer on my BPU 3000gt for the 1/4 time in summer.

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I must say you lot always put in a good showing at Ten of the Best each year. Oh no, weight. Er, I mean wait.

:yawn: Look, it's still a fat bastard even when you pull out most of the bits. Saying "it's only heavy because of all the heavy stuff in it" isn't much of a defense, it's more of a scientific fact. While a competent car with reasonable looks (wtf is with the wheel wells though, they're cavernous) it's in the 300ZX league, not Supra/Skyline/RX. Not that there's anything wrong with that. Unfortunately though, Skylines did the 4wd "active everything" so much better :shrug:

Guest GTR_DanGTODAVE

hey guys dont get me wrong i like the supra drives very nice but wen i brought my gtr it was like a hole new world. u cant beat 4WD,,the launch is just so fast and stock for stock RWD would never win its a fact. corners,,wet roads they are a dangerous car unless u no wot ur doin but still u cant tackle it like u can in a 4WD. i no ur not gonna admit this i wunt if i was u thats why there is all ways the big thing between all three cars lol ( GTR,,GTO SUPRA ) but as a gtr driver i like the supra but the gtr is just so much more fun end of the day its personal preference lol...cheers guys

PS GTR all the way lol :)

hey guys dont get me wrong i like the supra drives very nice but wen i brought my gtr it was like a hole new world. u cant beat 4WD,,the launch is just so fast and stock for stock RWD would never win its a fact. corners,,wet roads they are a dangerous car unless u no wot ur doin but still u cant tackle it like u can in a 4WD. i no ur not gonna admit this i wunt if i was u thats why there is all ways the big thing between all three cars lol ( GTR,,GTO SUPRA ) but as a gtr driver i like the supra but the gtr is just so much more fun end of the day its personal preference lol...cheers guys

Have you removed half the letters from your words in order to save weight? If so, it's worked. Your words carry practically no weight at all :)

Also, while you can delude yourself about the magic 4wd grip-in-the-wet thing as much as you want, you'll find the 'big thing' is, and only ever has been, between Skylines and Supras :hug: I'm sorry you feel left out.

Have you removed half the letters from your words in order to save weight? If so, it's worked. Your words carry practically no weight at all :)

Also, while you can delude yourself about the magic 4wd grip-in-the-wet thing as much as you want, you'll find the 'big thing' is, and only ever has been, between Skylines and Supras :hug: I'm sorry you feel left out.

Hahahahahahah :p I didn't even know what a GT3000 was until i looked on pisotnheads just now. Needless to say they are fugly look as attractive as Michael's bleeding eye. They look like something from the 70's.

Guest GTR_DanGTODAVE

wow you supra owners really do hate the 3000 lol... you guys actually know nothing about cars to state what your sayin....really. lol. to even say the supra would beat the 3000 or skyline in the wet is pure stupidity. supras are good in summer thats it. FACT

gto owner

Guest GTR_DanGTODAVE

the supra curb weight is 1.550 skyline 1.530 so all that weight crap u talk about the supra is slightly more heavy learn the facts about ur own car before u start trying to give out lessons son...

Guest MoeBlunt
Guys lmao.... little biased arent we.the 3000gt are 325 bhp STOCK and do a 0-60 in 4.9 (uk ones) they only weigh 1780 coz of AWS system,Electric suspension and few other little items, get rid of em like i am and you will be in the 1600+kg class. I own a 3000 so im goin to sway and say my opinion lol. but on a launch, come on seriously..., round a tight corner....again come on guys. there all in the same league.but you guys cant see. do some research.ill bring my print out in the summer on my BPU 3000gt for the 1/4 time in summer.

You think your FTO is faster round a corner than a supra?

hahaaa O-K then... :rolleyes:

You sound too confident for your own benefit mate...You, Me, both cars (well theres my car and your chariot) and a track!! I will put £10k down that I will smoke you off the line, during the race and 10 minutes before you cross the line!! :rlol:

:rlol:

Guest MoeBlunt
the supra curb weight is 1.550 skyline 1.530 so all that weight crap u talk about the supra is slightly more heavy learn the facts about ur own car before u start trying to give out lessons son...

Have you got a saxo by any chance? ;)

Guest MoeBlunt
Why are you here you pathetic excuse for a human? Is it the fact that your mother is currently being mounted by your brother and therefore you have to wait your turn?

You sound too confident for your own benefit mate...You, Me, both cars (well theres my car and your chariot) and a track!! I will put £10k down that I will smoke you off the line, during the race and 10 minutes before you cross the line!!

:rlol: fast and furious shit going down here!

I'm really not sure what your point is here? When were we compared Supra and Skyline weights? Have a check back in the thread, come back to us when you've actually read it. Or is this a deflection attempt to get us to ignore the 1750kg kerb weight of the GTO?

Still, best I learn about my own car I suppose. Wait a minute!

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showpost.php?p=2142560&postcount=1

1476kg with half a tank of fuel. Oh dear. So that's 1800kg with the same fuel in for the Dodge Stealth, minus 1476 = 324kg difference. 22% heavier, crikey.

Here's another lesson for you 'son'. 4WD does not let you corner at a higher g-force than 2WD. Neither does it impart more grip when braking. It only comes into play when accelerating. Even then, due to weight transfer (and let's face it, you really really need to be thinking about that) you can't get that much down at the front. Plus it's old skool 4WD, hardly the ATTESA standards. Meh. So really your whole defence is "if it's raining it might accelerate a bit quicker". And you denigrate the Supra as "only any good in summer", well I'd rather that than "only ever good in miserable weather you can't go fast in anyway".

This is a fun way to pass the start of a nightshift, please respond quickly :)

-Ian

Edited by Ian C
got an acronym a bit wrong (see edit history)

About 1560 for a Jspec and close to 1620 for UK one, supra that is :)

You think your FTO is faster round a corner than a supra?

FTO, what FTO?

Niz.....wake up..... :slap:

Edited by imi (see edit history)