The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Need more power, my mate just bought a Skyline GTR

Guest Supra_matt

Guest MoeBlunt
no im back lmao.. for one thing, how many supras do you see with a body kit??preety much all of em.

stock they are mingin,with bug eye headlights and a fatter ass than the gto, the only reason they cost more to buy is because of the the Fast n Furious movies,

Yes i do agree that the supra engine is awesome, as its used in some lexus's, but facts are that a V engine can produce more torque than a straight engine, so the extra weight the gto as got isnt THAT much of a "fat ass". Theres plenty of vids on youtube (yes i know most are full of 700bhp cars vs 400) but theres a few "real" ones on there were the 3000gt even beats the GTr stock v Stock.

I av no idea were you get your facts from to even cuss the 3000 as you do.

If anything you guys are like BMW and Honda drivers, you actually think nothing will beat you,

Ive been in a supra TT in the WET and its PATHETIC to say the least,yes the supras av good mid range because of the variable Valve timing and sequential turbos, but sorry if you guys get "Launched" its gonna av to be a very long road to catch up im afraid.

The thing about super cars being RWD yes your right, but im sure The RWD system is a little better than the supras and yes the drive train loss from AWD plays a part.

Lets talk TRACTION.

lets say 600bhp supra vs 600bhp liner or 3000, BOTH the AWD cars will PUT down all of that power without traction trouble and will lose mid range due to AWD but the supra will be struggling to get all that power down and you cant deny that, the roads will have to be steaming hot for you to get it all down, and in england when the hell will that happen,

Yes the Supra as got 550cc injectors and bigger SMIC than the 3000 and also a better fuel pump, ill admit that.

but change them all for bout £800 and your up to exact spec as supra... me and dan came on here for a lil banter with matt (first post and topic)

For people on here who "dis" people for racing or breaking speed limits need to shut the F*** up, you buy a supra to do 77mph and to trundle round town.

:eyebrows: SURE YOU DO lol.

Gunna end this preety much with sayin, yes this is a supra site and yes your obviously gunna stick up for it lol.

But you really need to do more research before you right off the 3000, (p.s yes there prob not as reliable as a lliner or supra, but bet i can turn more heads than you guys especially with the 97 version with the hoop spoiler)

Why don't you just spontaneously combust? NOBODY, i repeat NOBODY on this site gives a flying FU*K about your shopping trolley of a car!!

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

yes there prob not as reliable as a lliner or supra, but bet i can turn more heads than you guys especially with the 97 version with the hoop spoiler)

Really?... you've came back to tell us that. Okay. Well aesthetically its really about personal taste, and secondly as Moe has just pointed out, No one cares really. This is becoming a waste of my typing.:cool: but pretty fun to mingle in :D

Edited by suprasize (see edit history)

Guest RWD-passion

You guys are talking about launching from lights earlier I’ve seen skylines,gto/3000gt,scoobys,evo even a r35 slipping around on its arse in the wet with a supra it would be worse but simple apply race logic to the supra system tell it your on wet ground and ill tell u now ill have the same or even more level of grip then it would be a case of “I forgot what was at the side of me o well”

Cheers RWD-passion

if your that confident put your money where your mouth is prove us all wrong :shrug:

Personally I'd prefer to keep Supra Pod idiot free. Invite some 3000GT / Skyline owners who are respectable and have a clue, and aren't out to try and prove something. :)

I think sir you will find this is a grown up forum. Sorry that you had trouble fitting in, I think you may missed out a couple of good points which our members made to you, although I am not surprised this passed you. As Branners said, you are more than welcome to meet us at SantaPod, here is a little taster of what happens to all them Supra's with no traction! Though doubt we would see you there!

bA1SCcAFyro

Guest GTR_DanGTODAVE

Hey guys well im off, been nice to meet you, hope all goes well with you'r car's.I'll be down santa pod this weekend so would be great if you could join us.

Many thanks for your time guy's all the best

GTR Dan....

Interesing reading !

How many of the Supra owners on here defending the Supra badge have owned or even been in a Skyline with 600 BHP?, they are a very impressive machine, I enjoy the skyline / Supra banter and would enjoy a meeting of clubs, some real competative racing, better than Sup against Sup

I would welcome more if this banter on the club site but without the weak insults

Hey guys well im off, been nice to meet you, hope all goes well with you'r car's.I'll be down santa pod this weekend so would be great if you could join us.

Many thanks for your time guy's all the best

GTR Dan....

Dont forget to come back and tell us your times at the Pod

Edited by magictorch (see edit history)

Guest MoeBlunt
Interesing reading !

How many of the Supra owners on here defending the Supra badge have owned or even been in a Skyline with 600 BHP?, they are a very impressive machine, I enjoy the skyline / Supra banter and would enjoy a meeting of clubs, some real competative racing, better than Sup against Sup

I would welcome more if this banter on the club site but without the weak insults

I've been in a R32 "600bhp" Bin-liner and I can say that hands down my old vxr8 would of murdered it around a track and thats saying something!! :blink:

I welcome anybody in the lane next to me, i've lined up against all sorts of different motors and had some great races.

Different sorts of power to weight ratios and traction issues with RWd, FWD and 4WD all have different issues.

Ask the FWD lads how hard it is to get there power down.

Ask the 4WD lads how many drive shafts theve gone through sorting launching and traction withiout the ability to warm tyres before start line.

Good tyres, a proper geo set up and RWD will do the business off the line.

So it could be down to the driver :D

I the wet on the street it very often come down to who's got the biggest bol*ocks and keeps their foot down.

so IMO it's 6 and 2 x 3 which is the best between any car, loads of different factors to take into hand and then down to head to heads racing to see who and which car is best.

If it's a challenge bring it on and be a supra pod, i'm sure it wouldn't be difficult to sort head to head racing which would sort all this out.

Edited by GazB (see edit history)

Guest GTR_DanGTODAVE
lol funny thread, i wouldnt even entertain the idiots, they are clearly lil thick brats trying to rile you up. Simple fact is they probably dont even have a driving license let alone a car. Simples.

ye sure lol...funny,

my job is all about driving.

but ye think this thread as ran its coarse.:tongue: