The mkiv Supra Owners Club

NA supercharger build

barneybrendan

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

side repeaters are now fitted and working by just extending the wirring.The bumper is now fixed inplace both sides.I hhave also managed to get the drivers side arch liner fitted ,its just the middle 2 fixing points that have nowhere to fix to yet.

MOT booked for next thursday now,so should have plenty of time to clean thhings up underneath and spray all the rubbers.

Offerd the ridox rear overfenders up today and they look brilliant.Only problem now is i need the side skirts to get them fitted properly as they wrap around them.The fitment seems good for a first attempt.I am really starting to get a good feeling that the car is starting to look like what i have in my head.To top it today was real sunny so i thought i would just take the car up and down the road as the street was empty of parked cars which is rare.BIG beem on my face the thing really does launch like a rocket.MOT tomorrow now,im going to take it easy so if any police see me they dont have any excuse to give me grief.Going to get there for 8 am.Bet i wont be able to sleep tonight.Was going to use wyle's go pro camera but i cant seem to work it out and cant find anywhere easy to fix it in the car.

Edited by barneybrendan (see edit history)

you need the ridox side skirts and they wrap around the standard rear bumper.will try and get some pics tomorrow.

I am guessing it wouldn't take much to adapt them to it around OEM skirts, mine would be blended in anyway, I couldn't handle the rivet look:eek::carwash:

show us pics you bully

i didnt take any thats unusual for me.

I am guessing it wouldn't take much to adapt them to it around OEM skirts, mine would be blended in anyway, I couldn't handle the rivet look:eek::carwash:

I suppose you could would have to cut the carbonfibre bottom off and the standard rear bumper would have to be blended in totally aswell if you went for the blended look

Dont you just hate cars at times.Bad times again.Was taking car for mot and got onto the dual carrageway,but culd only get up to 60mph.Then a little further on it started to make a rattling noise,Then it just died .The engine cut out and the car behind nearly hit me in the rear,had to dip the clutch and let it coast .Managed to get it just onto the begining of a slip road.That time of the morning it was getting busy and was a bit dodgy.Poped the bonnet and it was smoking and stinking,so i rang darren to get a fire extinguisher to me rather promplty.The last thing i wanted to see was the car go up in flames.Anyway that settled down and the AA were on routeI tried to restart it but the pulleys were not budging as if the engine had siezed solid..This all happend at 745 am ish.The normal thing with the AA they were taking ages.3 police cars passed then about 5 minutes later one pulled over and helped me push the car onto the grass.

Then it was the old is this your car sir.yes i say.well he said it has no tax no mot and no insurance.SO theres me on form telling the story of it booked in,luckily i had my log book,mot,and the garage number with me.As i have a traders policy they wanted to check my story out.SO i calmly sat back down and waited.5 minutes later they get out of their car and proceed to tell me that they are both very impressed that i had the savy to have all the details i needed incase i was pulled over on route,and that so many people have their cars removed as they cant prove the story at the road side.

Anyway 930 am i see the AA lorry go up the other side of the dual carrageway and give me a wave thank god as i am not one for waiting.Christ i even get stressed at traffic lights.I finally get the car back home and remove the supercharger belt as im thinking its the charger that has seized.With the belt removed and the intercooler pip removed from the throttlebody the car started right away.So its deffinately the charger seized solid.Going to have to try and find another xjr6 being broken now to get another charger,well thats after i work out what money i can juggle around.Going out now to remove the charger and maybe open it up to find out what has actually happend.

24032011444.jpg

24032011446.jpg

O man that so shite, could of least let you get to MOT it first.

Well if I can help with anything just shout bud, I know that proberbly isn't any help, but I am off next week, so if you find a charger reasonibly close and you want to go pick it up, we can go in the Supe rather than the van if it's any help or if it's up my way I can colllect it for you and drop it down

Just let me know if theres anything I can do

cheers mate found a couple on ebay just waiting for one guy to get back to me as it seems that charger is not very old.just missed an engine complete with charger for £150 the other day as ai was tempted to get it as a spare.How ironic is that hey.Oh well the build goes on.

Would be great if people can keep their eyes open for an jaguar xjr6 supercharger as they are not that common.

Edited by barneybrendan (see edit history)