The mkiv Supra Owners Club

NA supercharger build

barneybrendan

Here's a link to a page full of same spec products, you have learned the gold plated prices sometimes asked, look around.

http://www.google.co.uk/search?sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8&q=Multipurpose%2CExtreme-PressureLithium+ComplexGrease#hl=en&sa=X&ei=plDITZjiJMWY8QOvodn2Bw&ved=0CCAQBSgA&q=Multipurpose,Extreme-Pressure+Lithium+Complex+Grease&spell=1&fp=a19d57c9b1bb4a83&biw=1280&bih=685

Morris Lubricants, 400g cartridge £3.95 inc P&P beat that. :)

Edited by David P (see edit history)

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My mirrors arrived today so i thought i would go and fit them.The passenger side fits really well,but the drivers side has a gap that i cant seem to get rid of.Every time ai tighten the bolts it pulls the mirror away from the pillar.Plus the original hole in the door shows slightly at the bottom.These are used mirrors so should fit perfectly.

11052011587.jpg

11052011588.jpg

11052011589.jpg

Keep hacking away at this mate, your an inspiration to everyone who looks at their car with a spanner in hand and thinks 'I wish I had the balls to do it myself'. It will be brilliant and individual when done

Cheers mate its been a slow old grind.Will be going santapod with it even if its not mot'd.Going to take a couple of smaller pulleys and belts with me aswell to up the boost a bit if needed.

Cheers mate its been a slow old grind.Will be going santapod with it even if its not mot'd.Going to take a couple of smaller pulleys and belts with me aswell to up the boost a bit if needed.

That's brilliant to hear dude, it will be good to see this thing blast up those straights!

Been to the bearing shop today and they can get me the 2 rear needle bearings,the snout seal,the front and rear snout bearings and the right grease i need for £62,i then have to get the supercharger oil from somewhere.I didnt think that was too bad as the grease is £16 so could knock that off and source elsewhere.i have been told that a mini club in the uk stocks the oil so will try and find them to see how much it is.

• 3 weeks later...

The supercharger now sounds sweet out of the car,replaced rear needle bearings,snout front and rear bearings and snout seal.sealed the body with loctite and filled up with some fresh oil.I was told that i would need a press to remove and fit the snout bearings .Well i havnt and only have a selection of alloy bearing drifts and made some thick washers to spread the weight across the bearing for refitting then used a heavy duty clamp and some deep impact sockets to press them in fully from either side at the same time.

Waiting for my new pulley and hub to arrive now so i can refit the charger .

• 2 weeks later...

Had some inserts made to make the 50mm spacers hub sentric,Just need a little bit of reeming out and they will be perfect.Big thanks to Al (Zippy tt) for making them for me.I have borrowed a q45 throttlebody to put before the charger now and have removed the throttle butterfly and linkage from a spare na throttle body.I am planning on leaving the na throttle body case in place with the idle control valve and use the q45 tps.I need to get 2 blankers and have the holes tapped where the butterfly bar came through the case.Next i need to refit the charger so i can make a bracket to hold the nissan throttlebody and make an adaptor to take the bypass valve which will sit behind the throttle body now.

11062011669.jpg

11062011670.jpg

11062011671.jpg

11062011672.jpg

11062011673.jpg

11062011674.jpg

11062011675.jpg

11062011676.jpg

Edited by barneybrendan (see edit history)

• 3 weeks later...

new pulley arrived today.Was real happy until i fitted it as it wasnt machined properly.The recess on the pulley needed taking out a bit more as it didnt sit properly and the pulley was way out.Just waiting to see if they will give me back what it just cost to fix it.I have gone from a 4" pulley to a 3.4",plus you will notice that it is an 8 rib pulley .The reason for the wider pulley is i am having another crank pulley made which will enable me to change the supercharger crank pulley aswell.

27062011699.jpg

27062011700.jpg

I have recently also learned that pulleys can be a wind-up, the one I had copied for the supercharger has been made without a belt lip.

Upgrading to an 8-rib is a good idea whilst swapping pulleys and you need only two wheels and one idler, if I have to upgrade, I will need four wheels and three idlers. :blink:

Edited by David P (see edit history)

well things are changing all the time ,ive now repositioned the bypass valve is now going to live just after the throttlebody.Not a lot of room around the charger now.The q45 throttle body will fit nicely in the space i have now with a 90 degree silicone coupler going down through the inner arch to the cone filter.I need to make a flange to fit up against the throttlebody now to connect it to the hard intake pipe.I have got my st205 throttle cable ready.

28062011707.jpg

28062011705.jpg

28062011708.jpg

28062011704.jpg