The mkiv Supra Owners Club

NA supercharger build

barneybrendan

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Beastie is biting at your last straw. :diablo:

It certianly is ,had just about enough now .more down to buying crap and the major lack of parts in this country.I dont want to chuck the towel in just yet though as the couple sneaky drives i had when i got back from afr were great.

That's a bloody nightmare buddy.

Sorry to hear that it didn't quiet down once you turned it over, lets hope the seller has a bit of a conscience hey.

Drop them a line and see what they come back with.

I hear the sound of a V8 Twin Supercharger on the horizon.........

Edited by Pudsey
spelling (see edit history)

ive just sent magnusun products an email about rebuilding the unit .I couldnt with my original as the casing was trashed aswell.As with most places they may need a core exchange if they have them already done.going to see if my engineers can make me a hub to change pulleys easily.

I don't think it's hard to rebuild an Eaton if the rotors and housing are OK. It's a pretty simple device.

http://www.soarerworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6269

its getting hold of all the bearings.most places you can get the snout repair kit .its only if the housing is duff that your knackerd.Have found rotor packs aswell but they are pricey.

Well that the charger back off now .

Im going to take my knackerd charger to my local bearing place to see if they can match them all up.Ive checked the charger over again and the rotors seem spotless no strike marks or signs of wear.The pulley has a bit more play in it now,may be just because the bigger pulley makes it more noticeable.Im going to strip it down myself instead of sending it back as it was hard enough finding a replacement one in the first place.Im also thinking about mounting a throttle body before the charger to try and cut down on some of the noise.

Guest ugp

Keep going at it mate, you'll get there in the end. What you've done so far is great, don't give in to the 'ing thing!

Ive pulled the charger apart and the standard nylon spring loaded coupler has a lot of ware .replaced it with the new nylon one i had and it seems nice and tight.The rear bearings seem fine but could do with a bit of grease.The grease is blue,anybody know what the blue grease is.Need to get some of the charger oil now which aint cheap.Didnt get time to go to the bearing shop yet .Im going to strip the spare snout down tomorrow to get the bearing out .

09052011568.jpg

09052011569.jpg

09052011570.jpg

09052011571.jpg

09052011572.jpg

09052011573.jpg

09052011574.jpg

09052011575.jpg

09052011576.jpg

09052011577.jpg

09052011578.jpg

09052011579.jpg