Hodge's (The Kraken) Supra build

hodge

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

wow stunning pics (as always) i think it would be physically impossible to take a bad pic of it :p

and you say there is a few things you want to changed. do tell more :)

I having a new exhaust made,

I'm changing all my engine bay brake lines for white braided and hiding them under the scuttle,

New turbo heat shield,

I'm building a full new ICE install,

I'm wanting to rewire a few things

List goes on really.

That engine bay is amazing, you should be damn proud of yourself sir :clap:

Cheers bud

Front shot in the heavy fog looks super mean

Lol it's not fog Jay, I took it out of the front windscreen of the 350Z.

Lush! any more of the engine bay from different views!! :) where has your oil filter been relocated to?

Oil filter is in it's stock position under the plenum Steve.

I having a new exhaust made,

I'm changing all my engine bay brake lines for white braided and hiding them under the scuttle,

New turbo heat shield,

I'm building a full new ICE install,

I'm wanting to rewire a few things

List goes on really.

the list is never going to finish is it :p

Edited by johnny g (see edit history)

Guest atkay

Read this project from the beginning. A truely brillaint project and I hope it brings you much joy once it's finished...

• 4 weeks later...

Small update on this.

It's taken a bit of a back seat whilst I'm doing Johnnys car but I've still ordered some parts for it.

I've now got all my white braided brake lines and fittings for the engine bay, they just need making up.

Whiffbitz oil filter housing delete bolt. I bought 1 of these to free some space up under the plenum. I've relocated quite a bit of stuff under there it's getting a little crowded. Will save me a little weight too lmao.

And after seeing jamesys bonnet nightmare I've ordered a new set of aerocatches. I had a set and wasn't going to use them so sold them to Dave_705. When I took the car over my sisters as I pulled up my bonnet popped open. Not good, so I've ordered a new set.

The car is also getting MOT'd this week too.

I'm not sure bud. Once I get it mot'd etc I'll drive it over and get a price from my bodyshop guy. Can't see it being a lot though cos I'm taking some time off work to strip the car an do all the donkey work for him, and he's a good mate of mine too.

Guest JDM_DK

Nice job Hodge, car is looking good.

You might have a few problems with the PS fluid reservoir though. it's suppose to be mounted higher than the PS pump, otherwise you might need a scavange pump in between. I am talking from experience unfortunately.

Also, the o2 bung position in the DP might be a problem. The o2 sensor will collect moist and break down, when sitting upside down, or too sideways. That's why you see them sitting upright even in clean bays.

I love your breather design btw, do you have any pictures of the catch (inside wheel well?), if so please post them :)

I've had no issues with the PAS res since I bled it off but if there is a problem I'll look into it.

O2 sensor in the downpipe ?????

Mate it's in the midpipe nowhere near being upside down.

The breather kit has no catch tank it's just vented atmospherically. Didn't feel there was any need for a catch tank.

I've had no issues with the PAS res since I bled it off but if there is a problem I'll look into it.

O2 sensor in the downpipe ?????

Mate it's in the midpipe nowhere near being upside down.

The breather kit has no catch tank it's just vented atmospherically. Didn't feel there was any need for a catch tank.

mmmmm interesting :eyebrows: