Hodge's (The Kraken) Supra build

hodge

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just emerged from the garage. My and Bossco started at 11AM and just finished at 4.30am today. Just getting the car ready for it's maiden voyage.

Had a total nightmare with the clutch though. We ended up having to take the gearbox out to sort the problem.

The fork kept falling out the gearbox after about 14 pushes of the pedal. It turned out to be the hook that holds the fork in wasn't correct for the job as I've got s push clutch and a stock 6 speed is a pull clutch. After some research it looks like an alternative hook should have Been supplied with the clutch so I had to modify the stock hook and also turn it around to stop the fork from falling out.

It was a right laugh putting the box back in. I basically had to bench press the box and shove it into place whilst Bossco put the bolts in lol.

Also today we:-

Changed the duff oil,

Sorted the wiring out in the passenger footwell and under the drivers light:

Cleaned all the PAS fluid out the front of the car,

Fastened back the front arch lining so they don't catch anymore,

Re-soldered the oil level sensor,

Fixed the cam sensor plugs,

Sorted a small oil weep the sandwich plate,

Sikaflexed around my fuel pump hanger in the boot to make sure there was no air leaks.

So were virtually ready for it's 1st proper run out on sunday, it's only about 3 mile but I'll be well happy when it's done.

I am still concerned about the fueling a little. It's still running high 10s on tickover and on normal drive. I'm not impressed with these injectors at all. I think once everything else is sorted out I'm going to change them for something better.

I'm not sure the stock ICV can flow enough air for that ridiculously large intake of yours. Just adjust the throttle stop a little more, youve got about another 1-2mm before the tps registers an opening. That should sort the idle out, as for fuelling under load, you didnt have gears long enough for me to tweak it :p

I'd wait and see what ryan can do with them injectors before you change them though.

All was good today. No problems at all. I totally love this car. Since I've sorted the clutch and sticky throttle it's awesome to drive. On steady driving upto .3 bar of boost the AFRs are high 11s to high 12s. EGTs were about 700-750. It a nice comfortable drive but you can tell it's going to be a total monster once it's all mapped and finished.

Words can't explain how much I enjoyed driving it. I was expecting loads. Of rattles and squeaks but I couldn't hear any what so ever. The only thing I'm annoyed about is the blowing exhaust. It sounds horrendous until the cars warm and the exhaust expands and seals. I'm going to have a whole new one made at AAS in Newcastle 4" straight through but retain the superdragger back box.

All was good today. No problems at all. I totally love this car. Since I've sorted the clutch and sticky throttle it's awesome to drive. On steady driving upto .3 bar of boost the AFRs are high 11s to high 12s. EGTs were about 700-750. It a nice comfortable drive but you can tell it's going to be a total monster once it's all mapped and finished.

Words can't explain how much I enjoyed driving it. I was expecting loads. Of rattles and squeaks but I couldn't hear any what so ever. The only thing I'm annoyed about is the blowing exhaust. It sounds horrendous until the cars warm and the exhaust expands and seals. I'm going to have a whole new one made at AAS in Newcastle 4" straight through but retain the superdragger back box.

Great to hear, glad it's all ok.

Can't wait to see videos of it running and hopefully see it running in future.

Can you not just whack some exhaust gasket paste round where it's blowing to seal it for now?

Great to hear, glad it's all ok.

Can't wait to see videos of it running and hopefully see it running in future.

Can you not just whack some exhaust gasket paste round where it's blowing to seal it for now?

I've covered the bloody thing in paste mate just so I could get a more accurate reading on the AFR as the sensor is in the midpipe but to no avail. It's not blowing as much but it's still blowing. Don't think theses anything I can do about it to be honest, there just shite v-bands and flanges.

Well, I had the pleasure of seeing this car on it's first real drive. I thought I'd share.

6OZngNU9jSk

Apologies for the upright, but it was spontaneous video'ing, by request! Worth it though, it looked awesome. Truly awesome.

Fantastic news John , the Car looks awesome !! . When is Ryan tunning it ? i am driving down tuesday to Surrey to get mine mapped , if you are traveling down then , we can meet up ?.

Car won't be getting tuned for a while Michel, I think once I've finished Johnny.G's big twin build were going to get Ryan up for the weekend.

Well, I had the pleasure of seeing this car on it's first real drive. I thought I'd share.

6OZngNU9jSk

Apologies for the upright, but it was spontaneous video'ing, by request! Worth it though, it looked awesome. Truly awesome.

Great to see it on the road nice to see the beast is nearly there! she looks great on the vid, you must be really happy with it so far.

Great to see it on the road nice to see the beast is nearly there! she looks great on the vid, you must be really happy with it so far.

I loved driving it. Everything was as it should. Looking forward to bringing it back home and getting stuck into it again, as there's s few things I want to change.