The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Hodge's (The Kraken) Supra build

hodge

That's what you call fun, you odd, odd man :)

Lol, I think it's all one big plot so John can pull it and start doing more tinkering with the engine

LOL! He doesn't do excuses, he just does it :)

He'll tinker now till the injectors arrive.

Certainly will mate. I've got all the brakelines to remove from the engine bay and hide.

I've also got a sound system to build with a rear seat delete.

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hats off to you john!! i think i would have blown a gasket by now.... i have nearly kicked mine off stand so many times, especially with the greddy manifold fitting ha ha gave it to srd in the end

Don't get me wrong Rob between the 2 cars, even though neither was within my control I was totally sole destroyed when Ryan went home yesterday. He was very incouraging and thought both builds were tops but I'm only human after all (honest lol).

It's just a case of head down arse up and chest out. I've got good support up hear. Bossco (Ross) does keep me going when all seems a total loss. I'm just trying to look at the positives that will come out of even the extremes of pulling and stripping the engine again.

Bossco is a good man, dealt with him on a few occassions and seems a good laugh plus very into his supra's ( even though he wont post me a engine bay pic).

I think the whole forum is gutted after hearing the news mate, as i said in johnny's thread, chin up mate and neither problem was your fault so just keep going strong.

I have followed this build from the start and know you wont just give up plus you know its your fault im building mine up ha ha, as the bar is raised very very high.

As you have a few weeks to wait for the injectors, fancy doing a loom and wire hide thread?? or just pm me it ha ha

Bossco is a good man, dealt with him on a few occassions and seems a good laugh plus very into his supra's ( even though he wont post me a engine bay pic).

I think the whole forum is gutted after hearing the news mate, as i said in johnny's thread, chin up mate and neither problem was your fault so just keep going strong.

I have followed this build from the start and know you wont just give up plus you know its your fault im building mine up ha ha, as the bar is raised very very high.

As you have a few weeks to wait for the injectors, fancy doing a loom and wire hide thread?? or just pm me it ha ha

Even though I'll be waiting for injectors I certainly eont be idle that's for sure.

Anything you want to know just give me a buzz mate I'll happily walk you through it all.

Stop being a pansy, it will get fixed. Just a little more time is all thats needed. :D

I'm a lot better now than yesterday that's for sure lol. I'm going to get stuck I to mine this weekend and try n be a little creative. That always makes me smile.

Going to order my new injectors today. Pauls sorted me a set of I.D1000s out. Hopefully this will solve my issues with fueling.

On another note, has anyone ever had issues with valve springs losing stiffness over time. I'm concerned this could also be an issue.

If they weren't closing you'd know about it mate.

Going to order my new injectors today. Pauls sorted me a set of I.D1000s out. Hopefully this will solve my issues with fueling.

On another note, has anyone ever had issues with valve springs losing stiffness over time. I'm concerned this could also be an issue.

Are your valve springs not new the John

No Ricky I just used the springs that were in the engine. They seemed fine to me. They probably still are but I'm just looking for some sort of answers to the issues I'm having really.

I have a spare set of injectors if you want to try them out . they are 1000cc , you can upload my map for the syvecs for it to run if needed.

Thanks so much for the offer Michel, but I've just ordered a new set of I.D1000s from Paul. A new set of injectors were always on the cards, I just didn't think it would be this soon. The plan was to get it running with s little boost, then to the body shop. After I've got some miles on it change the injectors, valve springs, bigger cams and another fuel pump and off to the dyno in the winter time. Best start re-planning things now lol.

Car ain't so goo Joe but I'm all good. I'm having a few days off it to to detox from the petrol fumes lol then start a few other bits n bobs I want done with it as there's a 2 week wait for my injectors.

You are welcome to use them to iron out all the small issues that you may have until your new ones arrive . If you need a copy of my map i can also get that to you . I think our engine spec are very simular. Who know's it might not be the injectors ?

You are welcome to use them to iron out all the small issues that you may have until your new ones arrive . If you need a copy of my map i can also get that to you . I think our engine spec are very simular. Who know's it might not be the injectors ?

Thanks bud. Well if it's not the injectors it's got to be a mechanical issue, but I need to rule out the injectors before I end up pulling the engine again. I'm not too keen on stripping the engine again but if that's what it takes then that's what it takes.

And on the subject of our specs being the same, if I can get mine to go anywhere near as well as yours does I'll be over the moon.

Spend 8hrs in the garage today re-locating 6 wires lol. I've also fitted a manual overide switch for both electric fans and moved my fog light switch cos I thought where it was looked untidy.

I'm going to give Paul whiffin a ring tomorrow and lay for my injectors. He noticed the other day he's got a set in stock so fingers crossed if they were the problem I'll have the car running again at the weekend. Well hopefully anyways.

Been a while since I updated this. I've been spending my time trying to work out what the issue with the backfiring/overfueling and spluttering is.

HUGE HUGE thanks to Michel Lane for letting me borrow half of his white car to narrow down the issue.

So I've changed the following:-

Crank sensor,

Igniter,

Coil packs (thanks to Bossco)

And fitted some 1000cc precision injectors that michel just happened to have in his cupboard. Again many thanks mate.

And finally Johnny has loaned me his wideband sensor.

I'm just waiting on Ryan to send me a map through for the injectors.

I thought I'd try and and investigate the water temp sensor issue that started this whole headache. I stripped back all the loom tape, conduit and insulating tape to check all the wires were intact. I then noticed the water temp sensor wires were now totally detached from the plug. Now I'm starting to think that it was only hanging on by a thread of wire giving the Syvecs a reading but an incorrect 1.

Whilst I had the loom apart I replaced the plug (I have a spare TT loom) then decided to make the loom a little more custom. So I've removed all the unwanted wires from the turbo side to tidy and slim down it all.

So I ear marked all the plugs I need and removed all the wiring right back into the the loom intake side.

Here's a few pics of the results.