hodge

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guys,,,,,,,,,

I have to say Ryan.G is a total EFFING LEGEND.

I got home from work at 12.30, gave the car some love, phoned Ryan at 1.30pm and by 3pm the car was running and starting without having to use the throttle.

I can't thank you enough mate.

Again, Ben was there to lend a hand and between them they did an awesome job. Massive thanks to Ben too.

I've wrote a new list now of things to do. I'll dig into those this week. Onwards and upwards.

I've got some vids I'll upload later on.

And the hodge is back.

Great news, good work to all involved

Not without consequence though.

It's my wedding anniversary today and I've spent all day on the car, and because I've Been focused on it over the last few days, buying the wife a card slipped my mind sort of.

So now my wife hates me, hates my car and hates all my friends.

Got some serious arse kissing to do but knowing her she won't give in easy.

I've got a few things I need to sort before I drive it.

PAS needs bleeding,

Sort leaks in exhaust,

The throttle is slightly sticky when it closes, want to take the IC pipe off and rub down the inside of the TB so it closes a lot smoother,

Change diff oil,

Bleed coolant off a little more,

Raise the car at the front a little,

Fit front part of the inner arches,

Tidy up wiring in passenger footwell,

Sort dash2 fuel gauge.

Change oil,

Clean out oil cooler,

Change coolant,

I really need to leave the car for a few days and try n make friends with the wife again. Will make life a whole lot easier in Shineyville.

No not really mate. But then there's the sound system to do and that's going to take atleast a full week to do.

My main issues though is to get all the little engine niggles sorted.

you rekon............. nah it will take a day at the most if you have all the kit ready to go in

video is awesome mate :thumbs: welldone

you rekon............. nah it will take a day at the most if you have all the kit ready to go in

video is awesome mate :thumbs: welldone

Honestly mate, the build in my last supra took 3 of us 50hrs from start to finish. The install won't get done for a while though as I've got Johnnys car to do 1st.

how you doing the install mate fiberglass or MDF or both ? i take it you are doing a rear seat delete too :)

Yep rear seat delete. Nos bottle in the centre like I had it before, I'll make the box a continuation of the boot floor. The front of the box behind the rear seats will have a failed front housing 2 JL audio amps behind some perspex.

I'm using fiberglass and MDF.

Cheers guys. I'm wanting to get back in the garage and get those little bits sorted but I don't think my marriage with stand it. Think I best leave the car for a few days atleast.

Well the car is running, the Wife is raging, best bet would leave it a week mate. Make up with the Wife. :eyebrows: then once all thats done you will be all set to go again to get the car 110%

Well the car is running, the Wife is raging, best bet would leave it a week mate. Make up with the Wife. :eyebrows: then once all thats done you will be all set to go again to get the car 110%

Mate I've never seen her like this before and we've been together almost 12 years.

Think your right, I'll leave it for a week and get stuck into it next week. I recon 2 full days and I'll have all the little bits sorted.

Mate I've never seen her like this before and we've been together almost 12 years.

Think your right, I'll leave it for a week and get stuck into it next week. I recon 2 full days and I'll have all the little bits sorted.

I know how you feel bro..! my last relationship I spent 90% of my time making up for shit..! it sucks..! Typical troughy girlfriend shit, though I now always make it perfectly clear with my dates/gf's that they don't own me anything and I don't own them anything back...! If they decide to go the extra mile to please me then fair enough but don’t wait for the affection to be returned like a debt collector..! hahah

I'm a little concerned about the play that's on the turbo bearings. The turbo was brand new and there was no shaft play what so ever when I fitted it. Now it must have a millimeter each direction. The turbo was primed correctly with the engine so I can't understand it really. Now I don't think it's excessive play for a turbo this size but it does concern me a little.

I'm a little concerned about the play that's on the turbo bearings. The turbo was brand new and there was no shaft play what so ever when I fitted it. Now it must have a millimeter each direction. The turbo was primed correctly with the engine so I can't understand it really. Now I don't think it's excessive play for a turbo this size but it does concern me a little.

Uh-oh, maybe I shouldnt have pointed that out :blink: