The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Hodge's (The Kraken) Supra build

hodge

sorry to hear am sure you will sort in no time, if you need out just ask (got plenty supras in here if you need any bits etc).

i owe you a favour..

sounds like ben knows a thing or two aswell..

Thanks mate I appreciate that.

I'm sure it's just the map that needs sorting.

Yeah Ben or Jessy as he's now known, really knows his stuff.

Wouldn't have got anywhere without him.

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm sure you can repay him with his V8 conversion somehow.... ;)

What an excellent idea! When you get a minute mate, theres a v8 sat in my shed, just drop it in the other shed for me :) Ta

Well done Hodgey for all your hard work, she started and with no leaks so you can give yourself a big pat on the back.

She will be running right in no time.

I saw a comment of 'spending the night with the missus and another posting a video' So I can't wait to see it, my missus isn't that adventurous.

personally I think its goosed - and you should sell it to me for £1,000...

lol, dont worry dude, it'll go - and it'll go very well indeed, your car is stunning even as an orniment! chin up, take it easy for a bit and take a fresh look!

All the best mate

What an excellent idea! When you get a minute mate, theres a v8 sat in my shed, just drop it in the other shed for me :) Ta

No probs mate. Just need a bloody free weekend lol.

Well done Hodgey for all your hard work, she started and with no leaks so you can give yourself a big pat on the back.

She will be running right in no time.

I saw a comment of 'spending the night with the missus and another posting a video' So I can't wait to see it, my missus isn't that adventurous.

Unfortunatly it went on for so long last night the camera battery ran out so no vid of me n the wife unfortunatly lmao.

I've got up this morning and came to work for 6am full of new ideas and positivity. Now I've just set the machine and it's happily drilling away and I'm sat on the bench, slowly getting more and more pissed off by the minuite. I was going do do I little tinkering with it today to try and sort a couple of small issues out, but I can't even face opening the garage door to be honest. It's just annoying the shit out of me to be totally honest. I really thought it would be running yesterday.

I'm off to the gym after work at 12am and have a good sparring session tonight so hopefully I'll chill out and calm down a little after that.

But for the minuite I don't even want to see the bloody thing.

Pissed off rant over. :(:taped:

Come on dont let it get to you, these things are set to test us.

You are better than that Hodge, look at what you have achieved so far most of us (especially myself) wouldnt know where to start never mind continue to go out into the garage every night through the cold winter months and plug away at it.

Dont let it get you down bud.

I an genuinely gutted it's not running. Maybe I was expecting too much, but I don't think I was personally.

Was really looking forward to yesterday. I finished work at 5AM Friday morning, straight in the garage to start getting stuff ready for Saturday. I worked right through til 3PM then got ready and went back to work for 4 hrs 4-8pm. Then I came home from work and me and Jessy again went in the garage, til 2AM. Then u finally got 4hrs sleep. Back up and in the garage from 8AM until 7.30pm. All for nothing as far as I can see. This is why I'm annoyed mate. I've wasted 2 whole days with no sleep and achieved pretty much nothing what so ever.

I wouldnt say wasted mate,

We all wanted it to start first time and it go well for you but things happen for a reason.

What happens now then is Ryan coming upto you to look at the map?

The impression I got from this build about you is that your not easily set back so lets not start now you fairy:p ;) :)

Sorry i couldn't give anymore time yesterday John but i rarely get anytime in the week to do anything. I had 5 guys round to help lift in some RSJs at 12 and couldn't waste there time anymore. After you had fixed all the little niggles i pointed out it was already 1.30pm and i was seriously getting sworn out when 4 guys are lifting a 230kg beam and im on the phone and laptop.

I know you spent alot of time on the engine and car yes but these builds will always have little problems as so much has been changed and when working the hours you do on the car, mistakes will be made. I have to work similar hours on my own cars and i have made some right mess up but if it was straight forward it would be boring.

Now the syvecs is telling me there is a critical cam error which mean the ecu is seeing a trigger tooth when its not ment too. The voltage thresholds for the crank and cam sensors on the syvecs are what are used on all 2jzs with syvecs so they are fine but it probably means your cam sensor which is being used is faulty or you have some serious electrical interference after the engine fires......or your cam timing is out as the ecu is seeing a cam tooth when its not ment to.

My guess is faulty cam sensor so a quick thing to try is to swap the cam sensors in your cylinder head around or see if you can make the middle cam sensor plug reach the back sensor. I will have to change the config this way but it might be easier.

Then i will need you to get the car out the garage so i have a better wifi connection and for you to download this on your laptop.

http://www.teamviewer.com/download/TeamViewer_Setup_en.exe

Chin up and it will be running on the key soon

BTW thanks to UGP (ben) for helping with setting up the remote connection used and getting fumed out for me in the garage :D

Sorry i couldn't give anymore time yesterday John but i rarely get anytime in the week to do anything. I had 5 guys round to help lift in some RSJs at 12 and couldn't waste there time anymore. After you had fixed all the little niggles i pointed out it was already 1.30pm and i was seriously getting sworn out when 4 guys are lifting a 230kg beam and im on the phone and laptop.

I know you spent alot of time on the engine and car yes but these builds will always have little problems as so much has been changed and when working the hours you do on the car, mistakes will be made. I have to work similar hours on my own cars and i have made some right mess up but if it was straight forward it would be boring.

Now the syvecs is telling me there is a critical cam error which mean the ecu is seeing a trigger tooth when its not ment too. The voltage thresholds for the crank and cam sensors on the syvecs are what are used on all 2jzs with syvecs so they are fine but it probably means your cam sensor which is being used is faulty or you have some serious electrical interference after the engine fires......or your cam timing is out as the ecu is seeing a cam tooth when its not ment to.

My guess is faulty cam sensor so a quick thing to try is to swap the cam sensors in your cylinder head around or see if you can make the middle cam sensor plug reach the back sensor. I will have to change the config this way but it might be easier.

Then i will need you to get the car out the garage so i have a better wifi connection and for you to download this on your laptop.

http://www.teamviewer.com/download/TeamViewer_Setup_en.exe

Chin up and it will be running on the key soon

BTW thanks to UGP (ben) for helping with setting up the remote connection used and getting fumed out for me in the garage :D

It's fine mate really, I totally understand about the building work, and did appreciate the time you gave me.

There was some silly issues that to be fair I shouldn't have missed in the build which cost up a lot of time, and my lack of computer knowledge doesn't help either lol. I'd have been pretty stuck without Ben.

Odds are it's going to be the sensor or the wire. I'm 99.99% certain the cam timing is bang on, but I will double check it just incase.

I'll give you a buzz Monday for a chat about it and I'll get stock into correcting whatever is wrong during the week.

It's hard to believe just a simple earthing issue has caused all this trouble, just because I didn't rub any paint off the chassis before I fitted the earth.

IMO it's got to be the underlining issue here. I'm more annoyed at myself really for missing something so odvious.

It's fine mate really, I totally understand about the building work, and did appreciate the time you gave me.

There was some silly issues that to be fair I shouldn't have missed in the build which cost up a lot of time, and my lack of computer knowledge doesn't help either lol. I'd have been pretty stuck without Ben.

Odds are it's going to be the sensor or the wire. I'm 99.99% certain the cam timing is bang on, but I will double check it just incase.

I'll give you a buzz Monday for a chat about it and I'll get stock into correcting whatever is wrong during the week.

It's hard to believe just a simple earthing issue has caused all this trouble, just because I didn't rub any paint off the chassis before I fitted the earth.

IMO it's got to be the underlining issue here. I'm more annoyed at myself really for missing something so odvious.

Screw monday what time you home from work as monday im doing 3 cars and dont expect to be home before 9pm.

Also dont kick yourself about the engine earth! I work with car electrics everyday and on my track car i was too busy thinking about everything else when i first started it up that i forget to put an earth from the engine to the chassis completely!! Hence why i was so quick to find the problem with yours yesterday! Steve did find it hilarous and i felt abit of a muppet but everyone and i mean everyone makes mistakes!! That why we traders have liability insurance!

Screw monday what time you home from work as monday im doing 3 cars and dont expect to be home before 9pm.

Also dont kick yourself about the engine earth! I work with car electrics everyday and on my track car i was too busy thinking about everything else when i first started it up that i forget to put an earth from the engine to the chassis completely!! Hence why i was so quick to find the problem with yours yesterday! Steve did find it hilarous and i felt abit of a muppet but everyone and i mean everyone makes mistakes!! That why we traders have liability insurance!

If your ok with it I'll buzz you about 1pm today then. Didn't want to bother you on a Sunday that's why I said tomorrow.

No Probs today im doing building work but as said im flat out this week so want to get car running today

before you ring do following.

Get the car out of the garage so get a better wifi signal

Download the teamviewer software and install

Swap cam sensors

Then give me a ring

Guys,,,,,,,,,

I have to say Ryan.G is a total EFFING LEGEND.

I got home from work at 12.30, gave the car some love, phoned Ryan at 1.30pm and by 3pm the car was running and starting without having to use the throttle.

I can't thank you enough mate.

Again, Ben was there to lend a hand and between them they did an awesome job. Massive thanks to Ben too.

I've wrote a new list now of things to do. I'll dig into those this week. Onwards and upwards.

I've got some vids I'll upload later on.

Guys,,,,,,,,,

I have to say Ryan.G is a total EFFING LEGEND.

I got home from work at 12.30, gave the car some love, phoned Ryan at 1.30pm and by 3pm the car was running and starting without having to use the throttle.

I can't thank you enough mate.

Again, Ben was there to lend a hand and between them they did an awesome job. Massive thanks to Ben too.

I've wrote a new list now of things to do. I'll dig into those this week. Onwards and upwards.

I've got some vids I'll upload later on.

sorry I ment I phoned Ryan at 1.36pm as he pointed out when I phoned lol.