hodge

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Bad day for both cars if I'm honest.

I have a massive issue with injectors. The car won't idle correctly unless it's ran horrendously rich. It also developed a what I can only explain as a miss when you hold revs at say 3K. We spent a few hours just checking stuff and all was good. Finally we took off the valve covers and found the exhaust valve clearances were miles out. Now I still had the origional sheet I used when I shimmed the engine and all were within .02 either way which I couldn't understand. Ryan explained Dude had this issue at 1 point with his drag car build. I've stripped it all down last night, reshimmed everything and rebuilt it all. 3.25am I came out of the garage.

I'm going to fire it up in a bit to see of this has cured the missfire. I'll be buying a new set of injectors too.

Johnnys car is another story. I'll update his thread in a bit.

The car won't idle correctly unless it's ran horrendously rich.

Well I'm glad it wasn't me being stupid when I tried adjusting the map to lean it out a bit! I don't look such a prat now.

Hope you get it all sorted with the new injectors mate.

I've just fired the car up after re-shimming the cams and it's worse. It just won't run right what so ever.

I had an issue the other day where the water temp sensor wire came out and the car ran like a bag of hammers. The engine temps didn't go above 90 degrees but it over fueled like mad. I eventually found the connector off and replaced it but it's ran no better since. I was afraid it may have cooked the head so I did a compression test and every cylinder was 175. So no problems there. I'm in 2 minds wether to take the head off and have a look inside.

What injectors and ECU are you running?

I'm running a Syvecs Wez. The injectors are RC1600s. They came with the veilside plenum off the green with envy supra. Only done 300 miles. I know there was issues with that green car running I'm now wondering if it was anything to do with the injectors being faulty.

Ok so, pi55ed off, feeling a bit down and pretty damn unhappy at the moment. So I looked for some consolation in the fridge and came across a bag of Haribo Tangtastics. Now everyone loves Haribo, quickly demolishing the whole bag I proceeded to the garage for another inspection of the car. Ice fired it up again and tried to hold it at about 3K. Again it just popped and spluttered but I did motile that when I held the RPM higher than idle the wideband went nuts, going really lean then ok then lean then ok. I'm starting to think my injectors have picked up some crap from somwwhere and arnt operating (opening and closing) correctly.

So I've pulled out my injectors, chucked them in the corner of the garage in s huff. I'm just going to buy a new set and see how the car runs. If it's no better I'll move on from there.

Paul at Whiffbitz has just gave me an awesome price on injectors so hopefully I'll be ordering them tomorrow. It's a 2 week wait for delivery though so I'll get on with fitting my front components and doing a few other bits with the engine bay too.

Paul at Whiffbitz has just gave me an awesome price on injectors so hopefully I'll be ordering them tomorrow. It's a 2 week wait for delivery though so I'll get on with fitting my front components and doing a few other bits with the engine bay too.

That's good news dude, you don't deserve this bad luck, hope the injectors solve the puzzle.

Which ones you ordered then? Would have offered for you to use mine in the mean time to make sure everything else was alright but they're side feeds...

I'm ordering them tomorrow bud. I'm just waiting for Paul to get back to me on final details on them. But cheers for the offer bud I really appreciate that. Thanks.

That's good news dude, you don't deserve this bad luck, hope the injectors solve the puzzle.

If the injectors are not the problem, I've got no problem pulling the engine and stripping it down again to see what's going on.

That's what you call fun, you odd, odd man :)

Lol, I think it's all one big plot so John can pull it and start doing more tinkering with the engine

I never said it was fun, just more of a nessessety than anything else.

If the engine does have to come out I'll send the car to the body shop without it for it to be painted.