The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Hodge's (The Kraken) Supra build

hodge

Yup as Rob said, it's just gun finish. The car body is being flattened back then machine polished today. The engine bay doesn't need it cos it's turned out mint.

your be amazed when you see the results after the flat and polish john, i know your blue one was nice but this is going to feel like silk. my engine bay came out perfect for a gun finish ha ha makes me laugh as its only a engine bay.... what we like

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

your be amazed when you see the results after the flat and polish john, i know your blue one was nice but this is going to feel like silk. my engine bay came out perfect for a gun finish ha ha makes me laugh as its only a engine bay.... what we like

Wash your mouth out silly boy "ONLY an engine bay"????????

I'm going to totally little boy at christmas it on Saturday night to see how much I can get done :-)

there you go mate ;) we both know this is how that reply should really of looked :D

mate that is an absolute work of art tho and i would be exactly the same just dont rush it and slip with a screwdriver or drop a spanner on the fresh paint

Yep she came home about 3pm today. All I can say is WOW.

stills lot of cosmetic work to do, such a refit all the glass, rubbers, front bumper etc but the engine is all back together. I'll be filling it with coolant tomorrow and firing it up.

Hopefully I'll get the brakes bled off tomorrow too.

I've taken a few pic just before it left the bodyshop I'll post up in a bit, but I've nothing as the car is now. I've just cracked on to get as much as I can put back together.

Here's a few pics from the bodyshop when I picked her up.

Ready for home

I'll get some more pics up later on.

It's moving on very well. The engine is back together and running, all the bodywork rubbers are in. Some of the interior is back in too. Icant refit the rear quarter trim until the back windows go in on Friday unfortunately.

Todays jobs will be, passenger seatbelt, front wings, front inner and outer bumpers and hopefully give the inside a bloody good clean.