Hodge's (The Kraken) Supra build

hodge

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

VERY happy days indeed mate!! I reckon I'm going to find myself taking random trips through Consett just on the off chance I see you on the road :D

Everything about it says quality and craftmanship - the day this is finished will be a landmark day for the club!

couldnt agree more- not many cars have been built from scratch and by the owner. car looks the dogs and is going to make show&shine events pointless to even enter... credit to you john.

Guys I'm touched. What a nice thing to say. Thank you very much.

I'm all fairness, there's a lot of members have had input into the build without even knowing it. Wether it being info and advice, ideas I've stole and adapted or just motivation when I got so sick I was ready to chuck in the towel. I've learned so much from the members on this forum, past and present, I really do have a lot to thank you all for.

After Suprapod weekend, if all goes well it will be all down to Ryan to complete the build with map.

I really am totally excited now to know I'll be driving this at the weekend after almost 2 years. I CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!!

I'll post some good ones up on Saturday mate. Once the sealant has dried on the glass I'll take it out n get some my son to take some funky pics with his really bloody expensive camera I had to get him for college.

Guest jamsames

the bloody expensive camera you bought for his college work that you borrow from time to time because you bought it, does he ever feel you have no right to use it?:rolleyes: i got a pretty good camera off amazon for £130 fujifilm S2800hd 14mp 18x zoom and shoots 720p films, also got a 32gb sd card for £27 off there, ill stay on topic now

Well that for mentioned camera ended up over 500 quid. You see my eldest some is like his mother it has to be the best or it's just not acceptable. Ermmmmm hang on a minute I'm just as bad oh well, looks like I'm destined to a life of being penniless lmao. Can't take it with you I suppose.

the bloody expensive camera you bought for his college work that you borrow from time to time because you bought it, does he ever feel you have no right to use it?:rolleyes: i got a pretty good camera off amazon for £130 fujifilm S2800hd 14mp 18x zoom and shoots 720p films, also got a 32gb sd card for £27 off there, ill stay on topic now

couldnt agree more- not many cars have been built from scratch and by the owner. car looks the dogs and is going to make show&shine events pointless to even enter... credit to you john.

Dont talk such shit. I'll beat him :)

Well she's done, and a week to spare too. Me and Bossco (Ross) spent about 4hrs on her yesterday finishing a few things off and she now looks tip top. I just wish these bloody flood gates would shut so I can take her out lol.

Had the car out today for an hour or so. There's a few little things that need sorting but all in all it was fine.

I had it upto .4 bar of boost until it hit the boost limit Ryan put on it so that's proved out the wastegate and boost control.

Thinks that need sorting are,

Dash2 speedo isn't working, neither is the gear indicator,

For some reason the shifter has gone tight. I think the shifter ball just needs greasing up.

The map seems a bit rough too, but I'm Sure Ryan will sort that in a crack. I've got to up the RPM to about 1500 to get the A/Rs right cos at idle it runs very lean. Im going to check for air leaks around the plenum tomorrow incase that would be causing it. But on the motorway sitting around 70 ish the A/Rs sit at exactly 14.6 and don't flicker which is great.

And as I've said before, I hate the noise from this bloody clutch.

I did take some pics and a vid I'll post them up after my tea.