L33

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Personal taste blah blah blah etc. :)

I honestly think, you need to grow some balls. The fact that have photos of some trollop with half her door hinge out posing on your car and photos of yourself with you chest out, suggests that you are a vein person. As a result, you take peoples comments to heart. Ignore them, its not what they think its what you want. If it brings you more door hinge shots then everyones a winner :)

The wheels are f**king ghastly though :(

Just did a search of all the supras they have on barrys site.

they even try and take the piss out of a standard supra knobheads. I reckon the guys on that forum are probably old granpas who cant even drive anymore never mind a supra.

I would love to see what kind of cars those old granpas drive.

The fact that have photos of some trollop with half her door hinge out posing on your car

Erm, that's Lee's girlfriend :Pling:

IMO Lee, don't worry about what others think (unless that's important to you). Personally I don't like the colour, but especially not the wheels. If there was one thing that would make a huge difference it would be to get some more tasteful (think that's the word i'm looking for) wheels, it'd make the world of difference.

Don't get downbeat about it, as has been mentioned, even completely stock cars have been slated on Barryboys as being "chavved up sheds" :D

Erm, that's Lee's girlfriend :Pling:

Whoops, that what I thought too. :blink:

Following on from Ark's suggestion, you could go on to Barryboys and tell them you'll trip them up in the playground the next time you see them, and give them a Chinese burn. :D ( © 2009 michael)

You've got a good looking car and a good looking lady. I imagine a lot of the barryboys regulars are blessed with neither, going out for "kroozes" in their bodykitted runarounds, before going home and cracking one out on the sofa in front of Television X, kappa tracksuit still around their ankles.*

I'm a big fan of the stock look. Hell, I have 16" OEM wheels on my NA (wheels that don't get much love on this forum), but I can honestly say that I prefer the stock wheels to about 95% of the aftermarket wheels out there. On that basis, your wheels aren't to my taste and neither really is the paint. But I prefer a well-executed custom paintjob to a bodykit any day.

* that reminds me. I'm going to Costco soon, does anyone want me to pick them up a job lot of Lemsip?

If you want to see what people who speak their mind really think, post up your car in the members rides section on the US supra forums :-)

http://www.supraforums.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=59

That's always fun :D

My black one described as looking 'horrible'. It was pretty much stock except for the Do Luck front and genuine OEM skirts! Even the wheels were stock.

my mates old 205 gti was on there, and they were ripping into how it had fake plastic windows, black bonnet on a white car ect but actually its had a mi16 lump in it and actually was a track car! :rolleyes:

This sentence (a long one at that!) sums it all up.

Are you really going to hold their opinion in any such regard when they will slate things with no clue?

I understand your frustration but if you like your car then I wouldn't bother. You can't please everyone all of the time.

For me, as long as I please myself (with regards to the car before anyone gets funny! :lol:) then that is all that matters! :)

Honnest opinion - On your car, with the stock body. The colour, and the wheels dont fit "the look". It looks like someone with more money than sense (chav) has splashed out on a fancy paintjob and some "blinging" chrome wheels. If you saw a saxo with the same paint and some bling wheels its chavy. Thats why people think that about your car.

If the car had a bodykit with your paintjob and wheels it would look good. With a front lip and some facelift indicators and clear side repeaters even it would look great

If your car had a normal paintjob with more normal wheels it would look good.

But your car at the moment looks a bit unballenced.

Oh and while im on the "honest" opinion skit, the wheels dont suit, supes look best with strait spokes or the ones where the spoke devide in half in a Y shape like ccw's or my old Ultralights. (like inferno's ones in his avitar.) Check out all the best cars on the club. all have quite simple, strait spokes, or the Y shape ones, jamiep, lui, supradibs... i could go on.

But at the end of the day. if you like it then thats fine. If you care what other people think, change it.

Just did a search of all the supras they have on barrys site.

they even try and take the piss out of a standard supra knobheads. I reckon the guys on that forum are probably old granpas who cant even drive anymore never mind a supra.

I would love to see what kind of cars those old granpas drive.

They all drive Mondeos and MX-5's.

They all drive Mondeos and MX-5's.
'They' also gave NOBR a good pasting about his 'Carbon-Fibre' Supra that was well-deserved. :D.

Personally I find that site quite funny and most of the slaggings are the result of the owners of the cars being discussed laying themselves wide open to it. Most of the cars on there are very easy to poke fun at as well.

Lee - as said it's your car and a paintjob like that will never be to everyone's tastes - so what? I didn't see any comments on PH that was any more than people who didn't like the car's exterior and said so. They weren't abusive or rude about it and to me there seemed to be more positive than negative comments anyway. :)

Edited by Mike_Mac (see edit history)

Wow i never expected all these replys but thanks! And yes that is my girlfriend in the pics and she only done it for fun, she isnt a car tart. No i agree the piston head comments were not rude, thats why i wanted to put it on here to see if people agree. I did sign up on supra forums and some said the same! I will look into some new wheels when i know what change i got from my build, if not will get saving for next year! I didnt pick them in the first place, came with the car :) so thats a let off lol. Like i said before i just wanted to start this thread to see what every one thought, until piston heads and supra forums no one had ever mentioned this before, so thanks for being nice and not mentioning it for the past years :) lol!

personally I would ditch the rims for something a bit more subtle and see what that does. If the paint is in good condition I would not be inclined to change it even though I don't like it as it is a bit pricey. If you are going of the look of the car based on the comments you have recieved I would sell it on and get another single in the colour you want.

If you say "what do you think to my car"... every car will get both positive and negative comments. It's impossible to please everyone!

Just do what you want.

The number of mods on my list keeps growing, yet I decided that it's infinitely better to get outside and drive her than it is to sit around on the forum wondering what should I spend money on rather than petrol.