little bit offended honest answers please

L33

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

is it the style of my wheels or the fact there chrome?

both :) they shout cheap ebay sh*t to me that would be more suited to, well nothing really :p, prehaps a saxo or something :p,

a nice set will really transform the car but don't do it just to get more positve feedback from the nation,lol, the paints fine tbh

sorry to be harsh but when people ask me to be honest I don't hold back :D

but then i could also "appear" to fall into the chav category! just dont like being judged! hense my sig about daddys car, used to drive me wild....

Dont worry about it, you have been happy with it all this time, just stick with it till YOU fancy a change.

As you can see from the pics, there isn't really a great deal of difference between the 2 cars, yet IMHO Shane's looks very classy. It's probably down to the fact (that Tom has said) the current wheels look rather cheap, yet DLD6's are a quality wheel & can pull off the chrome look.

PS I love the colour :)

I wouldn't normally post in threads like this as the look of peoples cars is very subjective and at the end of the day only the owner has to like the car, that's ALL that matters. I also don't like to hurt peoples feelings, but if you are looking for honest opinions, then I will say what I think.

For me the combination of paint and wheels spoils the look of the car, I don't even like the TVR's in the chromaflair style paint and I don't think it suits the supra either. I think it would look 10 times better in an understated colour with a new choice of wheels that aren't so bling. That's my opinion though, just remember yours is the only one that matters, so ignore anyone else.

I certainly don't think your car fits into 'barry boy' status though, I think the only thing that may immediately give this impression is the wheels, I think changing those would be a good start and may eliminate a lot of the negative comments and change the whole look of the car. I also think facelift lights would do it a lot of favours too ;)

shanes look lush!

i would love to go for the whole standard street look like jamie has, but cant really with that paint!

I edited my original post.

That pic you posted is a lot better, TBH, I would onyl change the wheels as they aren't to my taste, if you like the wheels then it's a very good looking Supra (I wouldn't say Chav at all), it's an aquired taste but it's very nice :)

I wouldn't normally post in threads like this as the look of peoples cars is very subjective and at the end of the day only the owner has to like the car, that's ALL that matters. I also don't like to hurt peoples feelings, but if you are looking for honest opinions, then I will say what I think.

For me the combination of paint and wheels spoils the look of the car, I don't even like the TVR's in the chromaflair style paint and I don't think it suits the supra either. I think it would look 10 times better in an understated colour with a new choice of wheels that aren't so bling. That's my opinion though, just remember yours is the only one that matters, so ignore anyone else.

I certainly don't think your car fits into 'barry boy' status though, I think the only thing that may immediately give this impression is the wheels, I think changing those would be a good start and may eliminate a lot of the negative comments and change the whole look of the car. I also think facelift lights would do it a lot of favours too ;)

before i started my engine build i looked at those tvrs as i love them :taped:

what colour would you suggest?

yea lights and things are in the pipe line just priorities first!

Another thought is that it is going to be very difficult to find a colour wheel to compliment your paintwork, the chrome does it very well (which is why they might be on there).

PS a respray would be the last thing on my mind at the mo, you've just gone single, forget what others are saying & concentrate on getting a nice reliable fast car :)

but then i could also "appear" to fall into the chav category! just dont like being judged! hense my sig about daddys car, used to drive me wild....

If you don't like being judged, don't post things on the internet mate!

The net is full of people (men) with opinions on everything. Some people say things to get a kick, others mean it.

I doubt that these people would say these things to your face, but that's how forums are. Keyboard warriors aplenty!

If you want my honest opinion, that I would happily say to your face, here it is:

I like the fact it's stock, but I prefer stock paint schemes, namely black or white. As for the wheels, chrome are OK but perhaps full black would suit your car more? I am not an alloy connoisseur so I can't really recommend many.

before i started my engine build i looked at those tvrs as i love them :taped:

what colour would you suggest?

yea lights and things are in the pipe line just priorities first!

I think wheels might be a good starting point, I've just looked at the pic of shanes car and the look is really transformed with facelift lights and different wheels.

If you like it though and have otherwise been happy with it, why change anything?

thats exactly my point, ive liked the look of other wheels but just wouldnt suit the paint!

like i said i like jade r's but they dont really suit?

I'd say photoshop would be your friend on this one dude :)

Have a mess around with some different wheel types and see what you think.

I just had a thought.

What really stops this from being a chav car is the fact it's a standard kit. The paint is different, but costly and chavs usually spend money on halfords accessories and not paint. If you can find something closer to Shane's wheels you'd be on for something a bit less 'potential-chav-ownery'.

Active spoiler, facelifted lights, indicators and side repeaters and you'll notice a massive change in the look. Do that and see what you think before shelling out for new wheels. The pic above you posted looks very tidy. If you have never had any issues with your car, dont worry about the barry boys. Useless bunch of people dreaming they had a better motor.

Must be a very slow day on barryboys if all they can find to criticise is a Supra with flip paint and chrome wheels. But they need their criticising fix, daily, so they'll always find something. :rolleyes:

Ignore 'em :p

If out of all this someone suggests some wheels that you would rather have, then great. Then you'd be changing them for a positive reason rather than a negative one :)