little bit offended honest answers please

L33

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Selling the car is def not a option! Just spent 20k on my single build!! I know modding cars wont have positive from every one but considering all the comments were about wheels and paint i thought i would see if its the same on here! Just remembered the rse motorsports supra, that had the same paint as mine and looked good?

Just remembered the rse motorsports supra, that had the same paint as mine and looked good?

It didn't.

But I'm guessing, like you, the owner liked the colour and ultimately that's what matters.

If the opinions of others matter to you or you want to build a crowd-pleaser to gain the admiration and approval of others then maybe you need to start again with whatever this weeks look is.

Personally I'd just enjoy what you have if it's what you like and forget about trying to impress people.

I guess thats it im just trying to have a crowd pleaser car at shows, as well as having some thing i like! Will go for new wheels first, and bring back the jap look then go from there. As mentioned shanes car looked good so thats just wheels and lights different its a starting point for me

Honnest opinion - On your car, with the stock body. The colour, and the wheels dont fit "the look". It looks like someone with more money than sense (chav) has splashed out on a fancy paintjob and some "blinging" chrome wheels. If you saw a saxo with the same paint and some bling wheels its chavy. Thats why people think that about your car.

If the car had a bodykit with your paintjob and wheels it would look good. With a front lip and some facelift indicators and clear side repeaters even it would look great

If your car had a normal paintjob with more normal wheels it would look good.

But your car at the moment looks a bit unballenced.

Oh and while im on the "honest" opinion skit, the wheels dont suit, supes look best with strait spokes or the ones where the spoke devide in half in a Y shape like ccw's or my old Ultralights. (like inferno's ones in his avitar.) Check out all the best cars on the club. all have quite simple, strait spokes, or the Y shape ones, jamiep, lui, supradibs... i could go on.

But at the end of the day. if you like it then thats fine. If you care what other people think, change it.

Exactly what i would write, although i cant be bothered to write it myself so i quoted :D

Although i still think the paint is ghastly and should barely be on a TVR

If its what you like then who cares? Jeez, my other half has an ironing board attached to his supra :sly: Who cares?

Something to think about..

Something’s appeal is the sum of all its components. While one thing might look nice on its own, it might not look good stood next to something else.

People don't automatically categorise individual aspects of a package when they look at it, they see the whole thing and form an opinion straight away based on the entirety. Your paint, it's not that bad, but it's not the only component of your car.

Personally, I'm not a huge fan of that particular goldy / green / purple flip, but as Shane’s car shows, it can look good if offered in the right 'package'.

People who look deeper into the components of things are often the ones who succeed in producing something exceptional.

Initial observations;

- You've paid attention to your paintwork, but still have orange side repeaters clashing with the colours.. why go to such trouble and not tidy up the easy bits?

- Your wheels are also very loud, clashing with the paintwork and they do not sit well in the arches.

- You have stock rear spats, but the lines don't flow through the side of the car as you don't have stock skirts.

Obviously it's up to you how you want your car, but while everyone is saying it doesn't matter what people think, it obviously does to you. Change a few things, but don't change the colour, that's an individual aspect of your car and makes it different to the rest. Work with it.

On another note, here's some passion:

Personal taste blah blah blah etc. :)

I honestly think, you need to grow some balls. The fact that have photos of some trollop with half her door hinge out posing on your car and photos of yourself with you chest out, suggests that you are a vein person. As a result, you take peoples comments to heart. Ignore them, its not what they think its what you want. If it brings you more door hinge shots then everyones a winner :)

The wheels are f**king ghastly though :(

:rlol:

Edited by Matt H (see edit history)

Re: Barry Boys

I think the term "Barry" and, unfortunately, the whole BarryBoys site for a long time now has just been descended upon by anyone who doesn't like the look of someone else's modifications.

The original guys over at Barry Boys actually seemed like a decent bunch of car enthusiasts, and there targets were only those modifications which had been done badly, or which actually made the car objectively worse.

I don't think the original concept of "Barry" would apply to your paint job, or even to chrome wheels - especially as the mods (again, not to my personal taste, here) have been done well.

The only thing you might have gotten grief from those guys for was if the wheels adversely impacted the handling, and that's probably pretty marginal.

Since BarryBoys got so popular a few years back, a whole bunch of new people started using the site and the term "barry" just to target cars and mods that THEY didn't like, not things that were objectively bad, like the original Barrys.

I wouldn't listen to anyone who bandies around the terms "chav" and "barry" these days. They are usually just talking about their subjective viewpoints. Especially on pistonheads!

So you are offended by the guys who drove Morris Minors & D Reg Metro's with rover engines in them? :D

Think your car looks pretty good, even though I am not a big fan of the flip paint.

Like mentioned before if it is done to a high quality finish it always will look good.

As mentioned 100 times now, I would recommend you change your wheels.

Here is a site to help you out:

http://rarerims.co.uk/virtual/

Matt thats actually a really good post, thats kinda what i needed, little bits on how to improve. The outside is how it was when i bought it, lights, spats ect so this thread is also like a where can i improve or what to do next. I just jumped straight in and done the engine work as i thought thats more important :) ive just been looking for outsiders points of view and its helped a lot. Def goin to look into some other wheels. Wouldnt of personally picked them myself. Think doing that and then little tidy ups with the lights ect will be a good starting point. Then if stil not right will look into a colour change. Thanks every one for all your contributions and keeping this a mature thread not just a slagin match!

Matt thats actually a really good post, thats kinda what i needed, little bits on how to improve. The outside is how it was when i bought it, lights, spats ect so this thread is also like a where can i improve or what to do next. I just jumped straight in and done the engine work as i thought thats more important :) ive just been looking for outsiders points of view and its helped a lot. Def goin to look into some other wheels. Wouldnt of personally picked them myself. Think doing that and then little tidy ups with the lights ect will be a good starting point. Then if stil not right will look into a colour change. Thanks every one for all your contributions and keeping this a mature thread not just a slagin match!

I think you're on to a winner there, I reckon with some subtle tweaks like wheels, repeaters, headlights etc it will look like a different car and take on a whole new image.

If you want to see what people who speak their mind really think, post up your car in the members rides section on the US supra forums :-)

http://www.supraforums.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=59

I did surprisingly well on there, i was expecting to be destroyed. Micheal expressed his dissapointment at the fact 'I wasnt ripped apart' :D

Does anyone have link to these so called threads where they are calling the car chavish. The problem you have is flip paint went through that stage of being on every nova, corsa, fiesta going and like everything was the fashion.

Does anyone have link to these so called threads where they are calling the car chavish. The problem you have is flip paint went through that stage of being on every nova, corsa, fiesta going and like everything was the fashion.

http://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/topic.asp?h=0&f=47&t=734069

For me the start is all wrong, it's very "hey look how young I am and look what I have..." but maybe I'm bitter and twisted, as for the replies, they don't seem any worse than those on here to me.