The mkiv Supra Owners Club

little bit offended honest answers please

L33

See, black is coool, facelift headlights would compliment that a treat, keep the colour, it's unique & I love it :D

:yeahthat:

I would also tint the side markers black and get facelift front indicators to finish the job off nicely.

Clear side markers would be OK but they may look a bit out of place given the colour of the car and IF you went with black wheels.

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well i will be honest ive never really liked black wheels, but that really goes and looks really good! Cheers mate! Will go well with my uk brakes and i was planning on getting a TRD half carbon spoiler so that will match as well :) any change of doin that pic with the silver jade r wheels just for comparison. Wish i knew how to photo shop its pretty impressive!

I just got lucky with the angle of the picture. It was similar to one of my angles yet reversed. If you can find a similar picture with jade-r's in silver then i can do it no problem. Otherwise it will take someone with a lot more experience i'm afraid.

Clear goes with everything, it's clear at the end of the day.

Tinting lights is never a good look anyway, but better than dull orange mind! :D

With a black car you need things to break up the block colour, if that's what your going for. Hyper silver wheels and crystal repeaters :thumbs: and OEM front indicators.

Clear goes with everything, it's clear at the end of the day.

Tinting lights is never a good look anyway, but better than dull orange mind! :D

With a black car you need things to break up the block colour, if that's what your going for. Hyper silver wheels and crystal repeaters :thumbs: and OEM front indicators.

Clear doesn't go with everything. I had clear rear markers and they looked gash along with the clear rear brake light. Looks far better now that i have tinted them black. I'm just waiting on the "good" tinting spray to arrive so that i can get the front indicators done properly.

With black wheels and facelift headlights i think clear side repeaters would look daft and stand out like a sore thumb on Lee's car. On a lighter car it wouldn't be an issue.

Just my opinion of course.

I agree with scott, the black needs to follow through the car with tinting not goin clear! I really like the wheels and the ideas coming! Tinting, face lift head lights, black jade r wheels and half carbon TRD spoiler :) did want a carbon bonnet but think that would have to be sprayed or else its to much back!

I agree with scott, the black needs to follow through the car with tinting not goin clear! I really like the wheels and the ideas coming! Tinting, face lift head lights, black jade r wheels and half carbon TRD spoiler :) did want a carbon bonnet but think that would have to be sprayed or else its to much back!

I wouldnt get a CF bonnet, itl look untidy against your paintwork

However i would go for black wheels with a chrome lip/dish, never been a fan of fully black wheels

be careful with dished black wheels. They make them look small. Check my garage for my previous wheels. They were 18 yet looked small in my opinion. The 18 inch jade's look the same as the 19's in my opinion, i should have saved the money and got them. They clear uk's too.

Well i will be honest ive never really liked black wheels, but that really goes and looks really good! Cheers mate! Will go well with my uk brakes and i was planning on getting a TRD half carbon spoiler so that will match as well :) any change of doin that pic with the silver jade r wheels just for comparison. Wish i knew how to photo shop its pretty impressive!

I once liked the TRD spolier, but think they are common now and getting a bit chav. Stock is still best IMO, if your trying not to get picked on by the sort of folks who recently annoyed you then stay off the body kit route !.

Here is a real nice HIGH QUALITY set of wheels. Classy looking.

http://www.neweraparts.com/Default.aspx?tabid=68&List=0&ProductID=1177&Language=en-US

Lighter, stronger, and a class act. Not cheap though..........but quality never is.

Awwww L33..... so you do have a heart after all ....... what goes around comes around springs to mind........ so I can add chav to my arsenal then..... their words not mine...... lol

Right back to the post, Paint looks OK, wheels suck, seriously chavvish in my opinion, the actual design looks a bit naff but coupled with the chrome, well they are what they are..........

On a serious note, other peoples opinions do not matter one bit as it is your car, as long as you like it that is all that matters, whilst the paint job could be described as a bit blingy, what is wrong with a bit of bling now and then especially as I assume you belong to the playstation / pimp my ride generation......:D

Awwww L33..... so you do have a heart after all ....... what goes around comes around springs to mind........ so I can add chav to my arsenal then..... their words not mine...... lol

Right back to the post, Paint looks OK, wheels suck, seriously chavvish in my opinion, the actual design looks a bit naff but coupled with the chrome, well they are what they are..........

On a serious note, other peoples opinions do not matter one bit as it is your car, as long as you like it that is all that matters, whilst the paint job could be described as a bit blingy, what is wrong with a bit of bling now and then especially as I assume you belong to the playstation / pimp my ride generation......:D

Easy tiger. You've only been in the door two minutes :)

Looks like there's a story in there somewhere :sly:

Now I have managed to read most of the other posts I think the TVR pic posted by Mike should give you a clue of what kind of wheels would understate the blinginess of the car, black will only make it look worse.

I'm with Matt on this one, i think clear repeaters would look ok.

What about, facelift lights and indicators, clear repeaters and an active spoiler, with the black wheels ;)

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/attachment.php?attachmentid=97255&stc=1&d=1250773095

wow, instant improvement with those clears! good work James :thumbs:

Any chance of photoshopping some nicer wheels on, say some deep dish hyper silver? traffic stars or something? :)

2nd pic suits the clears, first pic doesn't. You can't have a random colour, or even clear, on its own on the car, it just can't be done. If you were to view that car from the side it would look wrong with black wheels, it gets away with the silver.

It just goes to show, its definitely the wheels thats making the car look tacky.

The acive spoiler just finishes it off lurvly.