single build almost done with pics :)

L33

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Its a bit out of my hands because the garage is about hour and a half from me and they always use the same test place! Just a pain as its more money :(

Why cant you get them to finish the project and get one of the guys here to collect the car on their flatbed and take it to an 'friendly" MOT tester that won't cost you extra money.

Not being funny dude but you have spent sh1t loads on that car surely as the customer it's your choice who does the MOT not theirs?

Just would of been nice to drive it back and make sure its ok!

And to be honest, gettin it trailored back would prob cost more then to get ryan down for a day because I live so far from the garage!

I no it seems little a small cost compared to the amount I've spent but where I've ran out of savings, spent more than I planned, still having to scrape together every penny where things have been goin wrong, not been able to get refunds, extra labour to fix all the problems like the amount of time ryan has spent on my car and now on the 3rd ecu, havin to replace a fooked turbo and, replacing the diff because it seized, all the extra stress of it all I just don't want to spend another penny! Just all rather depressing when you get told 'it should be ready by..but then some thing else breaks

Well if its not there will be a cheap single for sale cuz I've lost all patience with it! I no I need to change the breather system and then get the bigger fuel injectors now I have a working ecu but like I said I ran out of money and want it back to try and enjoy show season!!

Just hoping ryan isn't fully booked...- sent him a email sat but stil no reply, hopin he will soon but then even if he is free doesn't mean the mot place will be so might be hard!

About a year :) but stil the time has allowed me to go above and beyond my origional plan and have a lot bigger spec!

Sounds like ryan has made the most of all my labour bills lol! That sounds pretty amazin, thanks for the info jamie

Is that 100 percent as you may be a lifesaver!!

Yes mate but it does need to be booked in, if you want to pick the car up just book a test at a testing station that is PAST your house. You can also drive it straight home or to a garage after it has failed the test;)

Is that regardless of distance? I'm about 80 miles from the garage!!

Thats right dude, plod will prob ask why you are going so far, just say you have used them before and you know that their ramp and brake roller will not damage the spoiler on the car, and that if it fails you trust them to do the work. Make sure the MOT station write the appointment down

shes currently sat on my drive! :D

taxed and tested yesterday

i have to do 1500 miles off boost and below 5k revs but with the boost it only allows me to do 4k. still pulls pretty well

after that i have to take it back for a service, and check the torque of the head studs, getting it mapped and dynoed :)

even off boost the sound of the turbo is like a plane firing up its jets and nice little chatter :)

already done 200 miles since picking it up so hopefully it wont take me long

have a couple issues with cold idle where is a bit lumpy but its ok

also when i come off the throttle the AFR drops back to 10!! which did concern james and ryan but there isnt any thing that can be done even after loads of fiddling on the laptop, idle is about 13 and driving about 14 15 i think, cane remember of the top of my head. think its the stock ecu and AEM battling each other

the fuel pressure some times dips to 1.7-1.8 when on idle its a 2 so keeping a eye on that and had to turn the warning alarm down to stop it going off under 2 (after asking james to make sure all its ok)

the oil temp gauge on the box and the engine oil seem to be reading the same reading which we expected the gear box oil to keep changing depending on driving? but they dont, most ive seen is 90 degrees

the torque converter is a little strange but not as bad as a lot of people have said, where its so loud you cant tell its slipping and when cruising it sits nicely at 3-4k at about 70-80 so its fine

up hills in slow moving traffic is the problem at the moment as its struggling to move at about 4 k and because of the speed thats when my boost gauge hits 0 so i cant give any more to get up the hill. will be fine when allowed to open up

really looking forward to seeing what this car can do, it feels like its itching to be driven hard but obviously cant yet!

my heaters are blowing out cold air so going to take the dash apart to make sure every thing is connected but apart from that not sure but its not a huge issue

my aux belt tensioner is making a really annoying creek so will get that replaced, i did have a new one on just before it went in so the one on now must be the one from the silver supra i bought so should have the new one lying around

the heat from the turbo is unreal, the water from my washer jets causes loads of steam on the bonnet!! lol

over all im really pleased with it and so glad to have it home! just plan on getting it all run in and mapped asap!

the turbo looks massive and all looking neat! i love the defi link gauges they look fantastic in the car!! must for any one!