The mkiv Supra Owners Club

single build almost done with pics :)

L33

No I would never do it again!! I checked behind the dash and its all connected but still no heat? :(

check threads about the heater matrix....could be a blocked pipe, could be an air lock in the system or perhaps the matrix needs to be changed (last resort) - most likely one of the first two.

imi

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

have a couple issues with cold idle where is a bit lumpy but its ok

also when i come off the throttle the AFR drops back to 10!! which did concern james and ryan but there isnt any thing that can be done even after loads of fiddling on the laptop, idle is about 13 and driving about 14 15 i think, cane remember of the top of my head. think its the stock ecu and AEM battling each other

If the cold idle is bad and the overrun fuel cut is not kicking in and its going that rich then its going to be the TPS is not working correctly and its not registering the throttle going under 2% to kick in the overrun and idle mode on the ecu. Could try adjusting the TPS position with the screws. Their is a guide somewhere on here for setting up the tps position.

If you want though i will just do it when we map at SRR

Ryan

Hi ryan

No idea what TPS is :( I will do a search when on a comp not on my phone!

The car is starting to get worse, now and again when I come to a stop it idles funny and the revs go up and down dropping real low and then the car just cuts out and dies! I'm needing to left foot brake and try and rev which is awkward! I'm hoping to get these miles done asap so I can get it to you and get it set up right!

Me and james said when I've got to about 800 miles I have to ring james to book the car in for when I think I'll hit 1500 miles to do the service and check the torque of the head studs and then in the same day come to you after to do the mapping any dyno so I make a day of it! I have every friday off until april so will have to be a friday when u and james are both free

That's now the least of my worries, got in this morn and I had no drive what so ever just reved! Let it warm up and the gear box oil is bone dry! Got it jacked up and no leaks so off to get oil and hope that solves the problem! If not the car is goin to the bin!!

Seems that way!

I think my 2 oil gauges are reading the gear box oil temo not engine oil evenn tho there is a Sensor in each? But on the control box there is only one input for oil temp so we have used the water input

Have noticed the gear box sensor is stickin out the botton so best hope I don't find any low speed bumps

Just put gear box oil in and it drives, but have now noticed a leak very slowly dripping out! Put 1 liter in and drove and stil empty on stick, so puttin another liter in and gettin it up to find where its dripping from :(

Seems that way!

I think my 2 oil gauges are reading the gear box oil temo not engine oil evenn tho there is a Sensor in each? But on the control box there is only one input for oil temp so we have used the water input

Have noticed the gear box sensor is stickin out the botton so best hope I don't find any low speed bumps

Just put gear box oil in and it drives, but have now noticed a leak very slowly dripping out! Put 1 liter in and drove and stil empty on stick, so puttin another liter in and gettin it up to find where its dripping from :(

without being disrespectful, i'd suggest getting a qualified mechanic to have a look at it.....

I no this, I'm not doin work myself or have done any, this is just things I've notices now I've got the car up to look at it

upto you as its your car however I personally wouldnt be doing this....

Put 1 liter in and drove and stil empty on stick, so puttin another liter in and gettin it up to find where its dripping from :(

Its bone dry under the car, only get a drip now and again? The puddle under neath is the size of about 2x 2pound coins next to each other so not a lot but are no signs any where where come from and not dripping now 2 liters of oil is in? Strange

well im going to be checking every time i drive to make sure im not loosing any thing, it was such a small amount on the floor and was strange nothing at all was showing signs of a leak!

we left it running for a while and in the same spot and nothing after those couple of drips

im at full now when hot so i know if it drops some thing is happening

at the moment the idle problem has settled down and runs a bit better, possibly some thing to do with the aem connection? who knows

can any one find a pic of a aux tensioner pully? i cant any where so wont know if i have my one in the box of bits i have