The mkiv Supra Owners Club

single build almost done with pics :)

L33

that was exactly our thoughts but there is nothing

the only place it dripped was under the gear box so thats where we assumed there would be mess but nothing, nothing from the sump plug or the sensor or around where the shaft goes into the box, nothing on the floor of the car or any thing! very confusing!

checked the cooler and no leaks there and no drops on the floor, after we seen it drip and the tiny puddle under the car we lifted it up and had a look under but couldnt see where it dripped from or any where wet which marked our hands!!

now its full it does drive a little better

stil not sure whats happening with the oil temp gaugues, the max ive seen is 80 degrees which has to be the gear box oil temp and both gaugues are reading that even tho i can see there are 2 seperate sensors but there is no way the engine oil would stay that low and be constantly identical to the gear box oil!

just keeping my eye on it, i have a 20 min drive to the gfs in a bit so when i get there and its hot i can check the box oil, i done a half hour drive before i came on here so i will see if there is any thing on the floor before i leave in a bit

this morn it wouldnt even drive and there was no oil temp readings, and it was empty very strange

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Lee im wondering if that box takes alot longer to bleed, and the long drive home has bleed some air out of the system what with the cooler and pipework, we were unable to give it a propper drive due to lack of mot and tax, perhaps the short trips and small manouvers were not enough, typically it would be.

James

well i was doing a search and some one done a oil change and put 3 liters in and some one said it could take twice that if they fully drained the sump

where i have the cooler it will take a bit more than usual

ive put 2 and a half liters in and its now reading full on hot

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=207739&highlight=auto+box+oil+change

so what does that mean james?

it does seem to be driving a lot smoother now and doesnt need quite as many revs to get it going.

any thing i need to check? or i guess if no more leaks or loss in fluid its all ok?

Keep an eye on it Lee, if your still getting strange oil readings it could suggest there are still oil shannigans. Go with care and keep checking the dipstick, however I find it hard to believe our bleeding and your hours of driving would render it still short of oil. Right now it is a bit of a mystery.

James

Well before I went for a drive earlier I checked it and nothing on the drive, done another half hour drive and still full on gear box dip stick so seems ok! Will check it daily tho

The idle problem has stopped for the moment touch wood

Well the idle problem has come back lol

It only does it now and again but on idle when slowing down the revs go from 1k to 500 then up to 1 and back to 5 like its bouncing, as does the fuel pressure from 2-1.7 and the AFR bounces from 13 to 16! On idle its about 15

Any ideas or just the map?

Gets hard to keep the car running, sone times when slowing down, sliding into neutral and gently holding the accelerator helps so I can still brake and slow down as opposed to keepin it in drive

Making a horrible creeking noise, when it does u can see it move a little bit

The car won't start again this morn! I drove it to my office, then when I came out to drive off it wouldn't start! Reminds me of the sound when a car is flooded? U turn the key and u hear it spark and almost fire up then doesn't and its just the sound of it sparking but not actually starting? Had this sat so I've had to leave it in the office and go off in the van which is very embarresing!

When this happened sat I checked the fuse under the bonnet which was fine, then in the boot the solenoid had power to it but the light weight wire from the ignition didn't have 12v? I unplugged the aem and plugged it back in and it fired up! Done that this morn but didn't work :( hopin it will fire up when I go back later

Starting to hate this car already :(

well the car started ok when i went back to it after work so mayb it is flooding?

this revving thing is really annoying now aswell and keeps cutting out when i slow down! the afr sits around 14 then goes to 16 and i just loose power cuz the revs drop! its so hard to drive now cuz i cant stop with out it dieing

also my big red warning light in the middle of my dash is always on and the right hand side pannel has 2 rows of warning lights where the oil pressure and oil level lights are...the bottom row left one which is apparently a brake problem in the book, its orange if that helps is always on? :(

yea first thing i check as i had that once before

also i dont under stand this not starting thing thats now happened twice, really does sound like it floods and just wont start! but i dont touch the throttle?

im hoping all this is just because it needs a map! i emailed ryan so hoping for a reply! will happily drive the ober 2 hour journey to see him just so i have a drivable car! im on about 350 run in miles so far and its day 4, didnt manage any yesterday after the gearbox problem and then not starting

Im 100% sure its not a problem with the map chap and its the throttle position sensor thats playing funny buggers as all the idle settings are still run by the stock ecu as well as the starting enrichment!

I will try and source another one when im with LeeP tomorrow and then find a day to get you to pop over mate

Ryan

checked fluids last nite and all ok

went for a drive earlier to my mates garage and as i went to leave i noticed a oil puddle on the floor and the gear box oil has gone down again!!

im going back to see him at 3 to see if we can find where this leak is coming from! i was only there 10 mins and the puddle was a fair size, but when looked under there was nothing dripping! its very strange!

was quite lucky as i was about to go on a 2 hour trip as im off work dying of man flu so just had to get fresh air and get my private plate on

just hope all this gets sorted soon!

on 400 miles now since friday and ive put 190 quid in fuel in :) but this rate my oil bill is going to catch up!

well ive found the problem and sods law it only dripped a few times when on the ramp even tho we left it running, reved a bit and then cooled down but we didnt need the drip to see what the problem was

the gearbox sump gasket appears to be perished and a little bit of sealer seems to be flaking off! around the fixings the gasket is sticking out and seems like its falling apart. can push it with you finger and its spongy and small bubbles of oil are coming out

will get hold of toyota and order a new gasket so i can change that. the toyota garage is next door to my office which is handy stil a nusiance having to do this and cost more money

Ferris Bueller... jack the rear of the car up, whack it in gear and let the wheels spin freely with the engine running. It means the gearbox gets worked.

In the movie he did it in reverse to take the miles off the ODO that had been added. I won't ruin the ending if you haven't seen it, as it's a good movie, but you don't wanna be doing that part of it.