The mkiv Supra Owners Club

How much is my Supra worth...

SupraGirlie

I would stick it up at £9K. By all accounts is is a very good car.

Don't let all the "drivers car" comments put you off trying to achieve your price. Not every one wants a track car, as for drag there are a few members here with areo tops, who would put some 6 speed drivers to shame on the strip.

As for blowing up auto diffs, we obviously read about those all the time and at £250 a throw, that is less than two tyres and hardly dent in the budget required to get to the power level required to break it.

Having driven both auto, aero and 6 speed cars, if I were in the market for a stock/bpu powered car, I definitely have an aero as they are quicker than a 6 speed and fun to drive and offer open top driving.

Get some shots of the car with the lid off in beautiful locations. With summer coming, an aero will be attractive to many buyers. Open top driving is a completely different experience, so make a play on that.

I bought and M3 cab over the M3 hard body, so I sacrificed a little acceleration, so what, it is great fun even with the roof down with snow on the ground, on a bright sunny winters day. It is the first soft top I have owned, now I know what I have been missing all these years.

Good luck with your sale.

I just remembered that when I bought my car nearly 9 years ago, freshly imported aero's (grade 5) were £2k more than a 6 speed with prices around the £22K-£24K.

Edited by Terminator (see edit history)

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would stick it up at £9K. By all accounts is is a very good car.

Don't let all the "drivers car" comments put you off trying to achieve your price. Not every one wants a track car, as for drag there are a few members here with areo tops, who would put some 6 speed drivers to shame on the strip.

As for blowing up auto diffs, we obviously read about those all the time and at £250 a throw, that is less than two tyres and hardly dent in the budget required to get to the power level required to break it.

Having driven both auto, aero and 6 speed cars, if I were in the market for a stock/bpu powered car, I definitely have an aero as they are quicker than a 6 speed and fun to drive and offer open top driving.

Get some shots of the car with the lid off in beautiful locations. With summer coming, an aero will be attractive to many buyers. Open top driving is a completely different experience, so make a play on that.

I bought and M3 cab over the M3 hard body, so I sacrificed a little acceleration, so what, it is great fun even with the roof down with snow on the ground, on a bright sunny winters day. It is the first soft top I have owned, now I know what I have been missing all these years.

Good luck with your sale.

I just remembered that when I bought my car nearly 9 years ago, freshly imported aero's (grade 5) were £2k more than a 6 speed with prices around the £22K-£24K.

Thanks for the response, I agree not everyone wants a track car, many want the looks and the power to boot, then again look at Dude's aero which was also an auto and say no more!

I'm going to take some really good pictures, do a good write up and perhaps put the price a little higher than I need and just see what interest comes my way. I am sure now that the sun is shining I should get a few offers at least.

I don't think I could own a hard top Supra again, I owned one for a month or two and missed the aero roof so much I had to go back to one! It is the best feeling to have the top off, gorgeous day, decent road with your foot down, you can hear the engine alot more with the roof off too, nothing makes me smile more, it really is a very different driving experience as you said :)

It is the best feeling to have the top off, gorgeous day, decent road with your foot down, you can hear the engine alot more with the roof off too, nothing makes me smile more, it really is a very different driving experience as you said :)

You set the scene quite nicely there...write something like that in your ad and i'm sure there will beplenty of interest :)

i think 8k would be a good price for the seller and buyer, if you look at some of the tat that gets advertised for around the same price, i love the 6 speed box, but also loved the auto as much, not yet had an aerotop but then it would not suit my driving style, put it up for £8300 and if that does not work then px your b/f for a more finacially secure one:D:p

then px your b/f for a more finacially secure one:D:p

:clap:

The number of women that I know that have done this, bumped into somone whose doing better than their current b/f and then eventually ditched their current b/f in the comming months is quite shocking!

:clap:

The number of women that I know that have done this, bumped into somone whose doing better than their current b/f and then eventually ditched their current b/f in the comming months is quite shocking!

Fair play to them, who wants to be stuck with some loser? any ladies wanna come for a spin in my Donzi?:D

Nice car, i would advertise it at 8k to start with, if you come with the car id pay double that though:D

:Pics:

Just for the record I'm going to be saving up for a TT Aerotop and if I had the money I would happily pay 8.5k-9k for yours providing it's as good as it looks in the photo's.

:Pics:

Just for the record I'm going to be saving up for a TT Aerotop and if I had the money I would happily pay 8.5k-9k for yours providing it's as good as it looks in the photo's.

Well I don't know when I will actually put it up for sale yet, I have had some interest via pm already though :) There is a rubbish pic of me in my sling shot thread btw lol!

Why isn't it a great time to sell? Thought early summer was the best time?

Yes it is season wise, i just meant that the economy isn't back up to speed yet so you may not get the best sale price just yet.

Having said that, it's probably the best time to buy a house as prices seem to have stabalised / risen slightly in general so catch 22 i quess.

Yes it is season wise, i just meant that the economy isn't back up to speed yet so you may not get the best sale price just yet.

Having said that, it's probably the best time to buy a house as prices seem to have stabalised / risen slightly in general so catch 22 i quess.

Hmm yeah I guess, well if it doesn't go for what I want I'll just keep it :)