The mkiv Supra Owners Club

How much is my Supra worth...

SupraGirlie

Why stay in the UK if your folks are going to France, are you mad?!

Sell the Supra, grab a clean UK TT then disappear to France to live, or do you find the French & their smell a bit hard to put up with :D

I don't fancy living in France just yet, maybe one day who knows.

My SZ had cruise control btw.

I thought there were a fair few difference with the shell as wel, gearbox etc, I duno I guess I just wanted a genuine one so I knew all the history etc, I always thought there was more to go wrong with conversions.

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Couldn't think of anything better than living in Europe. The Germany Autobahns, Amsterdam for the really good...... :D

Yeah it's more laid back etc and I can see myself living in Spain, or Southern France in about 5-10 years, I'd need to save up some money and sort my life out here first though, either way looks like the sup should go, it's the right thing to do, as much as I love it and want to keep it, got to grow up a bit I think and put my sensible head on :(

Yeah it's more laid back etc and I can see myself living in Spain, or Southern France in about 5-10 years, I'd need to save up some money and sort my life out here first though, either way looks like the sup should go, it's the right thing to do, as much as I love it and want to keep it, got to grow up a bit I think and put my sensible head on :(

I worked the other way around I got my supra when the house and bills where being covered and i could own one without having to worry.

Always go back to them when you get sorted

Simple facts are:

* most people who buy turbo Supras buy them to drive hard

* aero Supras are 99% auto (not really desirable for a driver's car), and as an added bonus have a smaller diff than a 6 speed.

* aeros are less torsionally stiff (not really desirable for a driver's car)

All these add up to being less desirable, therefore less valuable, than a comparable 6 speed. Hope this helps.

Simple facts are:

* aero Supras are 99% auto (not really desirable for a driver's car), and as an added bonus have a smaller diff than a 6 speed.

All these add up to being less desirable, therefore less valuable, than a comparable 6 speed. Hope this helps.

I have driven a manual Supra, I much prefer the auto, I do think it's a drivers car, and it feels quicker too.

I think it'd be a good idea to move out and not life with parents forever.

Not talking about living with them, find your own place:Pling:

I moved out when I was 20, living with your folks does have it's benefits tho like the home cooked meals, washing, no bills.... well except rent :(

Simple facts are:

Drive them hard...pmsl, not everyone is a Chav!

The autobox is one of the best ever built and accelerates just as quick as the manual, the diff makes no difference & you can stiffen up the chassis with plates.

Edited by Frank Bullitt (see edit history)

The diff makes no difference...

Try saying that on semislicks and 800 bhp :rolleyes:

I have driven a manual Supra, I much prefer the auto, I do think it's a drivers car, and it feels quicker too.
while it might be quicker on a drag strip, it won't attract a track driver. And we're talking about why it won't sell, not personal preference..

Simple facts are:

Each to their own at the end of the day, I think they are quite sexy with their top off.

I would pay 9K for Supragirlie's supra if it were a TT Manual 6sp. As it's an auto, it rules me out completely (I know, I know, it's the best autobox in the world).

Autos almost always sell for less than a comparable manual in this country...

Not talking about living with them, find your own place:Pling:

I moved out when I was 20, living with your folks does have it's benefits tho like the home cooked meals, washing, no bills.... well except rent :(

I'd rather have no money at the end of every month cause I've spent it all on bills than live my parents much longer, I only have my bedroom to chill out in, I want my own living room and bathroom and I hate having to be quiet... lol

I would pay 9K for Supragirlie's supra if it were a TT Manual 6sp. As it's an auto, it rules me out completely (I know, I know, it's the best autobox in the world).

Autos almost always sell for less than a comparable manual in this country...

Pay 8k for it and put 1k towards getting a 6speed box for it :sly:

Pay 8k for it and put 1k towards getting a 6speed box for it :sly:

Soz love, don't have the cash as I have been living away from home for the past 7 years... ;)

It's taken me since Christmas to get up to about NA prices, which I will have to get because I have no NCB and thus insruance is going to kill me.

Soz love, don't have the cash as I have been living away from home for the past 7 years... ;)

It's taken me since Christmas to get up to about NA prices, which I will have to get because I have no NCB and thus insruance is going to kill me.

Just start with an N/A and work your way up like I had to do :)

Just start with an N/A and work your way up like I had to do :)

Aye, that's the plan. Good luck with the sale and congratulations for trying something a lot of people don't have the guts to do.

There is nothing like having your own lounge, bathroom, room, to play your music however the hell you want etc etc...

But there's probably nothing like a Supra. I wouldn't know... yet. :eyebrows:

Aye, that's the plan. Good luck with the sale and congratulations for trying something a lot of people don't have the guts to do.

There is nothing like having your own lounge, bathroom, room, to play your music however the hell you want etc etc...

But there's probably nothing like a Supra. I wouldn't know... yet. :eyebrows:

Yeah I can't wait to have my own space, the thought of going shopping for a Fiesta or something gets me down though!!

How many people do you know can afford to convert the car to run 800BHP, let alone the associated running costs or has your mate got a Supra pushing 650BHP on hybrids :rlol:

Yet another pointless comment :banghead:

Thanks for your opinion, however ill-informed. I was answering why a 6 speed car is worth more than an auto. And to be honest, I have many other friends (besides my own 800 bhp car) running 550+ hp that worry about their diffs on semislicks.

There are many many people who are a turbo and fuel system away from 500+ bhp, and I'm the idiot for worrying about what that will do to a small diff when launching on semislicks? Give me a break.

Thanks for your opinion, however ill-informed. I was answering why a 6 speed car is worth more than an auto. And to be honest, I have many other friends (besides my own 800 bhp car) running 550+ hp that worry about their diffs on semislicks.

There are many many people who are a turbo and fuel system away from 500+ bhp, and I'm the idiot for worrying about what that will do to a small diff when launching on semislicks? Give me a break.

Was that not 620@ the wheels on race fuel and 519@ the wheels on 98 octane?? I for one would like to see what the true figure is on SRR!

If you were talking about the auto vs 6spd why did you mention the chassis then as this is irrelevant :blink:

One last thing please introduce us all the these many friends of your pushing more than 800bhp not 550bhp.

Edited by Frank Bullitt (see edit history)