The mkiv Supra Owners Club

How much is my Supra worth...

SupraGirlie

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well good luck - I mean that seriously now and not being sarcastic. You may prove me wrong.

I am sure it's not worth 9k, I only said, IF I got offered 9k I would sell it. I swear everyone just twists what I say for some reason, maybe I am crap at explaining myself, who knows. If I got 8k like I said I would be very happy, as then I could move out, I have already spent a few grand on it in just a couple months, so I can't justify selling it for less. I'm losing loads as it is.

On a different note did you manage to sort out the problems with the car after AFR's open day?

What was the cause?

Quoted from Matt at AFR 'The problem on the open day was the coolant temp sensor connector' just a wiring problem that John fixed there and then.

Also, this 2k rule thing, why is there a rule then? There isn't for hard top Supras? This is what I meant by my post earlier. Surely every Supra is worth something different depending on colour, mileage, condition, modifications etc? I hate that mine has been compared to a crap stock pink supra and a stock silver one. You wouldn't do that with non aeros would you.

Also, this 2k rule thing, why is there a rule then? There isn't for hard top Supras? This is what I meant by my post earlier. Surely every Supra is worth something different depending on colour, mileage, condition, modifications etc? I hate that mine has been compared to a crap stock pink supra and a stock silver one. You wouldn't do that with non aeros would you.

Might be because to do a TT conversion the cost is 2K(ish)?

Ignoring the car for a moment....

8k towards a place to stay isn't a great deal, I've discussed this with my 'living at home' friends... The costs of moving out and starting afresh are ongoing, and you will find the 8k dwindle RAPIDLY! Provided you have got a bit more than the 8k just floating about and a sustainable income then yes consider it, otherwise you will just sell the car, live away from home for 6 months and then have to consider moving back in with nothing because costs have just eaten it away...

Ermm nothing wrong with Silver (in fact its better than Black!), remember colour is choice... hence why all 3 of my cars are different colours.

The 2.5k rule is like a rule of thumb, its not their to use as a 100% rule but its their to give you a rough idea between a N\A Aerotop and a TT Aerotop. Similar thing goes for when your looking at say a Honda Civic Type R and a Type S (maybe not 2k though).

Hope this clears this up.

Might be because to do a TT conversion the cost is 2K(ish)?

Yeah so this is exactly my point earlier, you could say the same about a hardtop, which you can get for next to nothing now! I would never buy an SZ that was converted anyway. It has to put alot of people off doesn't it.

8k towards a place to stay isn't a great deal, I've discussed this with my 'living at home' friends... The costs of moving out and starting afresh are ongoing, and you will find the 8k dwindle RAPIDLY! Provided you have got a bit more than the 8k just floating about and a sustainable income then yes consider it, otherwise you will just sell the car, live away from home for 6 months and then have to consider moving back in with nothing because costs have just eaten it away...

Did i read supragirlies parents were moving to France so stopping home isnt an option i guess, your right though and 8,9, 10k wont last long

Ermm nothing wrong with Silver (in fact its better than Black!), remember colour is choice... hence why all 3 of my cars are different colours.

The 2.5k rule is like a rule of thumb, its not their to use as a 100% rule but its their to give you a rough idea between a N\A Aerotop and a TT Aerotop. Similar thing goes for when your looking at say a Honda Civic Type R and a Type S (maybe not 2k though).

Hope this clears this up.

I'm not going to keep going on about this now, but why compare an NA aero to the TT aero when you don't compare a hardtop NA to a hardtop TT when coming to sell, or do you?

I was going to use the 8k (+ what my bf puts in) as a deposit on a house, as I don't think renting would be for me. I feel like I spend all my money on going out/the supra, and I have nothing really to show for all my years of working. I want a proper investment, a house to spend my wages on instead

I was going to use the 8k (+ what my bf puts in) as a deposit on a house, as I don't think renting would be for me. I feel like I spend all my money on going out/the supra, and I have nothing really to show for all my years of working. I want a proper investment, a house to spend my wages on instead

It isn't just the deposit on the house that will catch you out, thats the easy up front one...

Food, council tax, electric, gas, furniture....they add up VERY quickly and your wages vanish. I moved out at 18 and I was on a damn good salary at the time, it was disappearing within the first 2 weeks, and I wasn't living the high life, I had infact moved 2 miles away from work....

I moved back home 6 months later for 2 years before moving country, and starting from scratch.

Also, this 2k rule thing, why is there a rule then?

It is no hard and fast rule by any means but most of the people in the market for aerotops I know are fully aware it costs about £2k for a conversion and thus always budget that difference in mind when comparing a NA aerotop to the TT aerotop counter part.

Most supra aerotop fans I know won't part with an extra £3k or 4k for the TT version unless it has something extra special going for them. I know everyone who approached me for my car knew the cost of the TT engine swap, as with I bet 99% of the supra club members on here.

That said not every supra owner is a member on here or trawls through all the costings before buying so you may get lucky. Plus someone may like your kit etc.

You mention the hard top. That has so many more variants. You see far more colours of the hard top then aerotop relatively speaking. E.g. There are far fewer aerotops in white/rsp/gunmetal aeros (so rare they hardly make it into the market to make a comparison). Black is moderately rare too mind.

For hard tops you can generally find these colours at any given time but at a premium.

The hard top has the 6 speed box option, making much more variants in price. 99% of aeros are all autos making them far more homogenous in nature.

Thoere are VVTis for hard tops. Etc. etc. - the list goes on

Edited by supra_aero
bad spelling ...tut tut (see edit history)

It isn't just the deposit on the house that will catch you out, thats the easy up front one...

Food, council tax, electric, gas, furniture....they add up VERY quickly and your wages vanish. I moved out at 18 and I was on a damn good salary at the time, it was disappearing within the first 2 weeks, and I wasn't living the high life, I had infact moved 2 miles away from work....

I moved back home 6 months later for 2 years before moving country, and starting from scratch.

I will hopefully have a bit of help from my parents with furniture and getting me started etc, everything will be split as I won't be on my own, If the worst came to the worst, and I had to move out, I could just rent it out to cover the mortgage though?

Why?

It is no hard and fast rule by any means but most of the poeple in the market for aerotops I know are fully aware it costs about £2k for a conversion and thus always budget that difference in mind when comparing a NA aerotop to the TT aerotop counter part.

Most supra aerotop fans I know won't part with an extra £3k or 4k for the TT version unless it has something extra special going for them. I know everyone who approached me for my car knew the cost of the TT engine swap, as with I bet 99% of the supra club members on here.

That said not every supra owner is a member on here or trawls through all the costings before buying so you may get lucky. Plus someone may like your kit etc.

You mention the hard top. That has so many more variants. You see far more colours of the hard top then aerotop relatively speaking. E.g. There are far fewer aerotops in white/rsp/gunmetal aeros (so rare they hardly make it into the market to make a comparison). Black is moderately rare too mind.

For hard tops you can generally find these colours at any given time but at a premium.

The hard top has the 6 speed box option, making much more variants in price. 99% of aeros are all autos making them far more homogenous in nature.

Those are VVTis for hard tops. Etc. etc. - the list goes on

Weren't there only like 600 RHD GZ Aerotops made though? Or did I read wrong?

I didn't want an SZ converted as I liked the GZ extras, leather seats, cruise control, plus with the SZ you won't get the traction control, and most won't come with receipts to prove mileage on transplanted engine etc etc. I do see your point about the hardtop thing, there are more variants etc, but NA aeros are fairly common, compared to a genuine GZ aero anyway, and black is a very sought after colour.

I will hopefully have a bit of help from my parents with furniture and getting me started etc, everything will be split as I won't be on my own, If the worst came to the worst, and I had to move out, I could just rent it out to cover the mortgage though?

Why stay in the UK if your folks are going to France, are you mad?!

Sell the Supra, grab a clean UK TT then disappear to France to live, or do you find the French & their smell a bit hard to put up with :D

Why stay in the UK if your folks are going to France, are you mad?!

Sell the Supra, grab a clean UK TT then disappear to France to live, or do you find the French & their smell a bit hard to put up with :D

Cant argue with that :)