The mkiv Supra Owners Club

How much is my Supra worth...

SupraGirlie

Was that not 620@ the wheels?? I for one would like to see what the true figure is on SRR!

If you were talking about the auto vs 6spd why did you mention the chassis then as this is irrelevant :blink:

Ok.. you clearly didn't read the graph properly - that says 620 KILOWATT. 800+ in the old money. And if I end up bringing the car over you're more than welcome to stump up the cash to put it on the dyno - I'll be proving it with MPH at the strip.

As to auto vs 6 speed - that IS the crux of the argument! GZ is auto, RZ is 6 speed - 6 speed is the driver's car, the auto GZ is the luxo-spec version (for god's sake, it has cruise control standard!). Which, coupled with the reduced torsional rigidity of the aero, means the GZ is less suitable for driving hard and therefore considered less desirable.

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok.. you clearly didn't read the graph properly - that says 620 KILOWATT. 800+ in the old money. And if I end up bringing the car over you're more than welcome to stump up the cash to put it on the dyno - I'll be proving it with MPH at the strip.

As to auto vs 6 speed - that IS the crux of the argument! GZ is auto, RZ is 6 speed - 6 speed is the driver's car, the auto GZ is the luxo-spec version (for god's sake, it has cruise control standard!). Which, coupled with the reduced torsional rigidity of the aero, means the GZ is less suitable for driving hard and therefore considered less desirable.

No I'm going from what you had written in another thread.

As I stated, each to their own. In YOUR PERSONAL opinion they are less desirable, there are many others who think they are the dogs.

As to auto vs 6 speed - that IS the crux of the argument! GZ is auto, RZ is 6 speed - 6 speed is the driver's car, the auto GZ is the luxo-spec version (for god's sake, it has cruise control standard!). Which, coupled with the reduced torsional rigidity of the aero, means the GZ is less suitable for driving hard and therefore considered less desirable to me.

You forgot the end of your sentence.

Only in your opinion, it isn't fact. The aerotop itself is an incredibly desirable feature. You make out like it's some slow old mans car!!! It's still a stupidly fast car, and the auto is loads of fun!! I never just stick it in 'D' and go.

No I'm going from what you had written in another thread.

As I stated, each to their own. In YOUR PERSONAL opinion they are less desirable, there are many others who think they are the dogs.

Only by people who share your opinion on an auto not being a drivers car ;)

Sorry, you fellas don't get my point. I would love an aerotop, but the facts are they DON'T sell as well as 6 speeds and the reasons are *usually* those stated.

EDIT: reading everyone else's "opinions", I'll leave you all to agree with yourselves. Good luck selling the car for your price :)

Edited by sdistc (see edit history)

Sorry, you fellas don't get my point. I would love an aerotop, but the facts are they DON'T sell as well as 6 speeds and the reasons are *usually* those stated.

You might find the reason they don't sell as well could be down to the fact that they didn't make as many Aerotops as they did 6 speeds, so the Aerotop is actually in higher demand but has less exposure.

reading everyone else's "opinions", I'll leave you all to agree with yourselves.

Self righteous prick!!!

As previously stated by Gaz....

FACT

They don't sell as well because they didn't make as many Aerotops as they Hardtops.

FACT

They only came in Auto.

FACT

So the Aerotop is actually in higher demand but has less exposure.

Edited by Frank Bullitt (see edit history)

Self righteous prick!!!

As previously stated by Gaz....

FACT

They don't sell as well because they didn't make as many Aerotops as they Hardtops.

FACT

They only came in Auto.

FACT

So the Aerotop is actually in higher demand but has less exposure.

Lol, that doesn't make much sense! Their rareness makes them cheaper?

Look at the prices they sell for, a 6spd TT will generally sell for more than an auto aero TT of equivalent age, milage, mods etc. This is because most people looking fancy a manual. I've never driven an auto and didn't really want one. Wether you're a chav or not the chances are you'll steadily up the power of the car, look at all the people going single. The 6spd is a much better starting point hence it commands a better price and is more sellable.

I think it's worth 9k but i'm not buying it :D

I'm sure there will be somebody that would pay for a nice looking car.

Stick it up for sale at 9k no offers and see how many calls you get, i think your'll be supprised and be car less quite quickly ;)

i know with the economy being the way it is nows probably not the best time to sell but with summer here i would advertise it on the high side and take lots of pics with the aerotop off, like convertables it will be more desirable at this time of year, as for some of the guff spouted in this thread i would rate a GZ aero TT as probably the most desirable behind a Getrag TT, torsional stiffness can be soughted, i look back and wish i had bought one all those years ago :D but back then i didn't even know they existed :search: