The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Post JapFest 2009 discussion thread

Homer

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good day out again yesterday, A thankyou for the guys and girls that got there early to arrange parking, And an even bigger thankyou to Lui for the planning and arranging of it. Some nice Supra's there, Liked the Aero-tops. Good to meet so many of you, I went around introducing myself otherwise i still wouldn't put names to faces. I will know who i am talking to now in the early hours of the morning ;). Roll on next year :)

Big thanks to all who came hope you all had a great time shame about the weather but after 11am stayed nice for the rest of the day great convoy up there, big thanks to Mawby & Gatso for arranging excellent club stand hope you all had a superb time & day out & safe journey home.

Also want to say big thanks to Sky Insurance team for giving me a 3 lap passenger ride in the display drift car demo circuits was great & was a pleasure to have my car displayed on your stand.

Also went a bit camera happy & will be uploading today 400+ pictures & hopefully get them up by end of the day.

Once again BIG THANKS TO ALL CLUB MEMBERS that came for making it a great day out.

Cheers all Lui

Edited by lui (see edit history)

Well i wil assume i didn't meet you this time, maybe next one i will get to know a good few more!

No i believe we didn't, It's hard to meet everyone especially with not many people standing by their cars. A couple of times yesterday i introduced myself to people and they didn't even belong to the club :)

No i believe we didn't, It's hard to meet everyone especially with not many people standing by their cars. A couple of times yesterday i introduced myself to people and they didn't even belong to the club :)

Yeah agreed!.. i spoke to a few that weren't in the club also, i even asked few people "who are you" ... But when peeps in large groups that obviously know each other kinda puts me off asking hehehe for fear of looking like a melon! especially if they all talking technical etc:d

Just like to say thanks to everyone involved in the preparation in the lead up to the event very well organised, and to Lui for arranging the tickets and logistics many thanks to you all!

How many actually went in the end do we have any official numbers?

As for the Southwest Group another brilliant convoy up, (thanks Wile e for leading the way!) always love the convoy.

Sorry I left prematurely at the end, but had to get to the Exeter Services at least for a chill had a major migrane just had to go apologies for that.

At least we all met again there before saying our final good byes!!

Myself and my brother had a brilliant time laped the track twice (by foot), and visited all the clubs and stands loads to see.

Took 164 pictures (Just me) and some video too, so will look into selecting some choice shots for posting.

Didn't really get a chance to talk to many other club members, but the lure of the track action for me was too much!!! :D

Will make up for it next time...... I promise :innocent:

Looking forward to seeing the video from the RS Focus owner of the convoy up should be a good one that!!!

Roll on the sun for next time :search:

As everyone else has said, thanks to everyone who helped making it a very good day out. Had a brilliant time.

Hopefully see some more pics and videos soon.

I think it would be good to have ur screen name displayed on the cars, just to make it a bit easier.

Had a great day, really enjoyed it. And to think I was so close to not coming because of weather forcast last night.

The only bad point was the police waiting outside, 300 yards from the exit pulling me and other people in because of our number plates. Thats me been pulled twice in the last week and this time the Bloody filth gave me a £30 fine.

First thing tomorrow getting myself down to halfords and getting some plates coz that's the last time I'm giving them an easy excuse to pull me in.

Hope none of you guys got pulled.

hi must have past you how small is your plate as i have a 3/4 one from fancy plates and have had no problem with the police about it been pulled a few times and they have never said any thing.

Not bad, but there seems to be some green stuff in the way of the second photo! ;)

Up the steps to the left was an excellent viewing point, and would've made an excellent group photo. I'm surprised no one saw it too.

Edited by AndrewOW (see edit history)

Just wanted to re-iterate everyone else and say a big thanks to Lui, Mawby and everyone else who had a hand in any of the organisational aspects - top job! Well worth the long drive down from Newcastle....

Stand was great and we definitely had some of, if not the best, numbers. In hindsight, I wish I'd hung around and chatted a bit more but was very keen to make sure I seen everything there was to see and catch plenty of track action.

Got some decent photos of the day (including some from up the top in the bushes) so will get them uploaded and post a link to my picasa account - hopefully today but maybe tomorrow.

We had a great day also, didn't let the weather bother us although i don't think my Supra has ever been that dirty before I've only just finished cleaning it!

Met some very friendly club members and some exceptional cars my favorite being Kev.O car, i'm not the biggest fan of silver but what a classy job he has done and every thing so clean and tidy.

But then again maybe i shouldn't single out one as i saw so many fine examples.

A few pic's

oh i give up they won't load

Okay, after the computer got the blue screen of death while downloading my Japfest pics to photobucket and spending the rest of the day re-installing Vista from scratch, losing any data that wasn't backed up:rolleyes:

I can now post up some pics and the link to Photobucket folder:d

Quite a few individual Supes and some track shots etc.

I have posted up a few for you to get the idea, but there are 134 in the folder so thought I better not post them all:innocent:

All taken on my new camera, Sony Alpha 350, first decent camera I have had in years and the first time I have used it (literally), so just basic Auto mode photos this time:d

Slide show link..... http://s271.photobucket.com/albums/jj152/DodgyRogSupra/Japfest2009/?albumview=slideshow

http://s271.photobucket.com/albums/jj152/DodgyRogSupra/Japfest2009/?start=all

Edited by DodgyRog (see edit history)

We had a great day also, didn't let the weather bother us although i don't think my Supra has ever been that dirty before I've only just finished cleaning it!

Met some very friendly club members and some exceptional cars my favorite being Kev.O car, i'm not the biggest fan of silver but what a classy job he has done and every thing so clean and tidy.

But then again maybe i shouldn't single out one as i saw so many fine examples.

A few pic's

oh i give up they won't load

i thought mine was you favourite :sly:

:p

:p