The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Post JapFest 2009 discussion thread

Homer

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had a blow out with no spare in car, and wasn't covered on my recovery service (AA). So watch out if you get into that sort of trouble, because it nearly cost me double that, if a nice independent guy hadn't halved it for me for cash!

Just so you know that if you don't have a suitable spare, get stopped, or have a puncture and the police attend, it's an automatic 6 points plus £300!

I'll be cramming that space saver in from tomorrow!

sure thats not right :blink: only get points if your spare isnt legal , but the bit about not being covered by aa etc if you dont have a spare is correct ;)

sure thats not right :blink: only get points if your spare isnt legal , but the bit about not being covered by aa etc if you dont have a spare is correct ;)

A new law that came in February this year. Scary stuff. It's considered a hazard if you're at side of road without a servicable spare. Will have to check with kranz, maybe.

Was a good day, despite the weather. Nice cars on the stand, made mine look quite plain! :(

Took loads of pictures, but most are a blurred mess. Will sort through them some point, but for now here are a choice few;

attachment.php?attachmentid=92661&stc=1&d=1242508788

attachment.php?attachmentid=92662&stc=1&d=1242508788

attachment.php?attachmentid=92663&stc=1&d=1242508788

IMG_1876e.jpg

IMG_1973e.jpg

IMG_1981e.jpg

Had a great day today shame about the weather tho, I never got his name but had a good chat with a lad who had his supra nicked stripped and recovered few days ago and still managed to get it back up and going for the show, fair play I say! Anyone know his name?

Awesome turn out today guys n gals :-)

Guest llewelyn

Had sweet day cheers to everyone just shame on weather.Me and Marc p just got in, It was Finally nice to put names to faces cheers

Well, I'm officially shattered after finally getting in after my 2am start, nice to meet everyone and put a few more faces to names.

Gutted about the puncture Andrew, it's weird though, when you were on about the stealth sub in place of the spare wheel I thought to myself 'That's daring, hope he doesn't get a puncture' :D

Weather didn't bother me as much as Blackie (a.k.a. 'The Little One') calling me an ugly b@stard with no personality :D, I'm probably going to get an abusive text after he sees this post, I think he's sensitive about his height :p

Oh and who was the guy I had a nice chat with? It was the metallic blue Supra with the lambo doors, I forgot to ask your name, sorry.

Good to meet you too Marc. Glad to see the reputation doesn't precede you in this case. ;)

I know quite a few people with boot builds, and have sacrificed their spare for it. Mine's going back in tomorrow, even if it's on the back seat.

Don't worry, Blackie's just a sensitive soul about everything! :D

EDIT: By the way, I've just got home. That was a very long, expensive and shattering day.

Had a great day. Thanks Lui for getting me and the mrs those last min track sessions, shame about the rain at the time as i just couldnt get down any power on the track, just too dam slippery. Although after the session we checked my rear tyres which seem to be a little low on tread. If i accelerated at 30mph the back end went out, it was crazy. Think it may have been the mrs fault as she has been using it for work the last month and she has a bloody obsession with drifting around everything she can, so i blame her.

Morning all, great day again, thankfully the weather was much better than forecast.

Thanks to all the organisers, great effort:)

Nice to meet a few new people.

A few pics and a link to my Photobucket album of Japfest 2009:d

Will edit them in when they have finished downloading, taken 10 mins to do 14 of 144:rolleyes:

Pics at post #94

Edited by DodgyRog (see edit history)

Guest Knighty

Hats off to you guys, great turn out and some top motors on display :yes:

Even though i was with my RX-8 on their stand spent more time giving your cars the once and quite often twice looking over and wetted my appetite even more. Fell in love with a couple of white one on there :)

Sorry to hear about people getting caught out by the police. I didn't see any on either the way in (with Lui's convoy) or on the way out (around 3PM). Now is that a good thing or a bad thing...? I don't think I was breaking any laws anyway, but they can be funny buggers.

We'll see.

While I'm meandering around the subject, thanks to Lui for organising a great day - the convoy was an imposing sight even from the inside so God knows what other motorists must think! I'm sure the McDonalds at Reading didn't know what had hit it, either.

posted a pic on my face book tag urselves. :-)

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/photo.php?pid=3055924&id=630821209

I guessed you meant "tag the car that you own with your name," so that's what I've done. Hope that doesn't mess with the system!

Had a great day , weather sucked a bit in the morning.

As usual our stand was double the size of anyone elses :cool:.Great to see everyone , and yes i mean you too blackie;). Thanks to Lui for organising everthing and to wile for our southwest convoy.

Who was videoing the southwest convoy and when is it being posted up hehe

Good day, just a shame the weather wasn,t very good untill about 2, it was like a febuary day and I feel sorry for the early cars on the track that couldn't go more than 3000 revs without spinning.

Deffinately the best stand there and a lot of that was to do with the orgenisation, many thanks Lui and everyone else involved. Had to leave at 1.30 wifey had arranged to see relie's while we were over that way.

Bob.