The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Post JapFest 2009 discussion thread

Homer

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not up on interpipe code speak. So... eh?

PMSL means ‘Piss myself laughing’

Joke clear gone rouge,

Some real good pictures there. I have yet to upload mine still. As I have been working on the car.

I blown the axle off the diff Sunday night . Will be fixed soon hopefully.

Have put a picture of as Meany of us as I could get in (cars), on my face book feel free to tag your cars . I will add more Pictures to the album soon.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=6959898&id=638115440&comments=#/photo.php?pid=3055924&id=630821209&ref=mf

The only bad point was the police waiting outside, 300 yards from the exit pulling me and other people in because of our number plates. Thats me been pulled twice in the last week and this time the Bloody filth gave me a £30 fine.(post by Dannyspeed)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I see i was not the only one that got stopped for number plates on the way out of the show by the filth.:( ( i read Gatso did to! but got luckly)

I was left livid after a copper gave me a £30 ticket just because my rear plate had no BS mark and said my front plate numbers were to small which was total rubbish as i looked up the height on DVLA and they are 79mm which does conform! Both plates had the correct type of letter, spacing, height, and colour but it did not make any difference to this copper as he had made his mind up even before i got out of the car. (the total tw#t) Bad ending to what was an enjoyable day up to then!

Big thanks to Lui, Mawby (& Genna) and banner boy Gerry,

Edited by Mr T (see edit history)

Mr T

I think you must have been behind me when we left. The copper put his hand up and pointed at you then waved you in. Heart skipped a beat at 1st thinking it was for me. Whats the BS mark that you did not have? My plates are jap sized and the letters are about one size off i think. Guess i got away luck this time. :innocent:

Edited by Missile (see edit history)

Thats a bugger Andy...

He must have reached his target when he pulled me :)

Suprised he didn't want a word about my zaust too :D

Good day though, hope you had a good trip back.

Cheers

Banner Boy :rlol:

Banner Boy I will pop the banner and flags down next week. We have stakes for the banners now….don’t know where they came from :innocent:

Andy at least you only got a £30 fine. The Wiltshire police are very tight :(

Banner Boy I will pop the banner and flags down next week. We have stakes for the banners now….don’t know where they came from :innocent:

Looking forward to it already :)

I spoke to Homer at the end of the show (as he was being driven home) and he thought that some of the stuff went down South West for another show that was on at the same time as Japshow !

When I have everything together I'll do an inventory and let you know what I have got.

G

Looking forward to it already :)

I spoke to Homer at the end of the show (as he was being driven home) and he thought that some of the stuff went down South West for another show that was on at the same time as Japshow !

When I have everything together I'll do an inventory and let you know what I have got.G

That is correct, One banner and some banting is with wile e coyote. Apparently Lui was going to speak to me about it, but I guess he didn’t find me. :shrug:

Mr T

I think you must have been behind me when we left. The copper put his hand up and pointed at you then waved you in. Heart skipped a beat at 1st thinking it was for me. Whats the BS mark that you did not have? My plates are jap sized and the letters are about one size off i think. Guess i got away luck this time. :innocent:

The BS mark is the British Standard BSAU 145d which is normally found at the bottom right hand corner of the number plate. The copper says without that "he" can not tell if it has the right reflectivity backing. (I thought, well, you prove otherwise) To me, it was the most petty thing i have heard and i was very unlucky like some others that day, to be stopped by this tw#t of a copper. he was just out to issue as many tickets as possable, and it is that type who give a bad reputation to traffic police!