The mkiv Supra Owners Club

How important is a private reg to you?

Matt H

Nah, pointless. I can see the attraction I suppose, but to me they are just expensive bumper stickers...bit like sigs on here, they may seem funny or meaningful to the owner, but its unlikely the viewing audience will share the joke / sentiment.

You can get that sort of imagined adoration free, why pay good money for it.

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Nothing says inadequate like driving a penis extension that has a personal plate.

It can't do - I haven't got one yet. :D

I'd love S11 PRA but that would be a mint, plus you would need an S reg too

I wouldn't want to make my Supra look that old. :p

The folk that owned the castle in my home town used to have a battered Renault 5 (basic model) with the reg "FAT 1"...

Was it Pete Tong? :D

Pretty much the one Dusty at MVP has on his supra

V8 KILR

I see W16 KLR is still available... maybe I should get that? It'd certainly give any passing Veyron owners a laugh. ;)

My initials are kslb and my plate is K5LBx.

I wanted a plate that was name related and not car related and it cost £80.

I tried to get F1 EVE for my wife called Eve who is an F1 nut but it was gone by the time I got through when the F prefix was released. That was £1500 which was more than I would even contemplate for myself but she would have loved it, as they say its the thought that counts, so I told her about it afterwards.

Maybe when I've got money to burn one day I'd get one, but seriously - hundreds of pounds or a holiday? Give me the holiday any day of the week.

Only time it might be worth it is where it adds value to the vehicle identity like S0PRA, VVT or M3 etc.

Don't think its that important personally - I have one and can't honestly say I am attached to it. Depends what it says and what car it is. Tbh, anything really decent will be mega bucks - e.g. Paul Daniels' rolls I think has *magic* as his number plate.

That is cool

I think its mag 1c:tongue:

I had one on my soop, but it went with the car when I sold it, my mistake and I couldn't be bothered to pay the new owner what he wanted to sort out the DVLA. I've got L8 GUB on my car, which, to me, is "late GUB" based on my Uni nickname and my bike is L2 GUB just to keep everything in order. I refuse to pay for a "1" registration.

It can't do - I haven't got one yet. :D

I wouldn't want to make my Supra look that old. :p

Was it Pete Tong? :D

I see W16 KLR is still available... maybe I should get that? It'd certainly give any passing Veyron owners a laugh. ;)

:rlol: quality post Ste!! :D

I like Private plates I think it makes your car stand out, I got mine for my 30th, It's a shame i have to keep it on retention while i have the sup as it's W16 STE

That is a v.good plate, i'd be thinking of investing in a 2001 supra just for that! must have been a pricey one.... having said, your 30th must have been a few moons again!!! :D:p

hate to bring this up Matt but do you actually have a car on the road to put a plate on ?

If you see a plate you like its one of those things that you need to jump at incase it goes, but having said that, car comes back in v.soon!! :excited:

I quite like the idea of personal numberplates, especially ones that spell your name. like said i think it can make the car.

personal mobiles numbers are next...

Now that is asking for trouble!!!