The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Club Discount Insurance Scheme

mawby

Are you insured with Sky, the club insurer?  

275 members have voted

1. 1. Are you insured with Sky, the club insurer?

• Yes because they were the cheapest
    • Yes for the agreed value option
    • Yes simply because they knew what they were talking about
    • Yes for another reason

• Replies 510
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just got off the phone from Jay, superb.

Bell Direct wanted £669 for 1993 Supra GZ, all mods, Full NCB, Low mileage, garaged and alarmed and not like for like cover.

Jay quoted £541 covering mods like for like. He also dropped my Celica GT-Four Insurance from £873 (Adrian Flux) to £645.

Very happy indeed.

Glad to hear that they are able to help a really high % of people.

I should have mentioned the service is great too. Jae didnt just quote, he took the time to speak with me and talk about the Jap car scene. Class service.

• 2 weeks later...

Just had my renewal through the door from Adrian Flux. Last year it was £974 all mods declared - 28yrs, 6 no claims, virgin clean license.

Guess what it is Now ?!? 29yrs, 7yrs no claims, no change in address, no change in mods, still clean virgin license (touches wood!)

£1561!!!! WTF ?!?!? That's nearly a £600 increase for the same deal as last year! What a fecking rip-off!

Waiting on Scott from Sky to get back to me.

Just had my renewal through the door from Adrian Flux. Last year it was £974 all mods declared - 28yrs, 6 no claims, virgin clean license.

Guess what it is Now ?!? 29yrs, 7yrs no claims, no change in address, no change in mods, still clean virgin license (touches wood!)

£1561!!!! WTF ?!?!? That's nearly a £600 increase for the same deal as last year! What a fecking rip-off!

Waiting on Scott from Sky to get back to me.

Adrian Flux did that to me too :(

Try Sky.

Ive now gone with Sky, who gave me basically the same quote as Flux but decided I may aswell go with the club scheme. The only "niggle" I have at the moment is that although I have declared all mods and have a fixed valuation of £15000 none of these are shown on my policy, so effectively if I hac a claim the insurance company could deny all knowledge. Ive contacted Jae with regard to this and am awaiting a reply.

I'm 25 with 6 years no claims living in Manchester and i got quoted £1081 fully comp which i think is amazing! My mates are well gutted! :D

They also know she's 400 BHP and i've also submitted extra photos of the car to make sure (should anything nasty happen to the car) they pay what its worth and not the "book" price!

Give Sky a call!

Am I paying over the odds ?!?

I'm 29, 7yrs no claims. no points/convictions .. and sky is quoted me

£998 fully comp .. all mods declared - with usual extras. windscreen cover, breakdown cover, legal cover. excess of £300. Like 4 Like policy .. or so I'm told.

I was expecting abit less!

~edit~

Car has no bodykit & is standard colour.

got a quote today for my UK spec, single turbo, exhaust, decat and wheels....£510 fully comp. Complete bargain.

Well worth giving Sky a go.

JB

Is that fixed valuation Branners?. Im paying £170 more than that for my UK with hybrids????

perhaps its the position in the club that helped...I seriously dont know why its so cheap. To add to my problems I called up Liverpool Victoria (current insurer) and they will continue with my current insurance which covers any mods I have on the car (they wont entertain any new ones but cover whats on there) and thats only £538, so now I have to make a choice.

I even double checked with Sky to make sure they understood the mods I had. What BHP increase did you quote them John?

Mines with £300 excess...

JB

has anyone had their policy arrive with actual written conformation of mods being decalred??? cos i declared everything and not anyware on my policy does it mention all my mods??? so where do you stand for a claim as you have nothing in writing :stickpoke

My point when this discount scheme was first announced was that I asked if anyone had any experience of how good they are at paying out.

I wouldn't be happy with a policy without the mods in writing as it's a get out for them if a claim is made.

Mine is with Bell at the moment and I'll happily pay less with Sky but only for a proper policy otherwise cheap quotes aren't worth having if it's aggro at payout time.

I think the club should ask for corrected paperwork for those it concerns rather than wait for a claim to go in and find people may have problems.

Paul