The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Club Discount Insurance Scheme

mawby

Are you insured with Sky, the club insurer?  

275 members have voted

1. 1. Are you insured with Sky, the club insurer?

• Yes because they were the cheapest
    • Yes for the agreed value option
    • Yes simply because they knew what they were talking about
    • Yes for another reason

• Replies 510
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't mean to be rude, but I am still sat here without insurance, without a reply to the email I sent last night and without the callback I was promised I would receive before 6pm yesterday!

Hi,

You have spoken to my colleague yesterday afternoon and he took you through a quotation... my colleague gave you a price and also agreed with the customer service manager to refund the commission on your last policy. I am still looking into your complaint post above, apologies I have been in and out of meetings all day today.

You have raised several points in your thread above, if you wish for me to answer you herev please can you let me have your written permission to discuss these details on a public forum.

Thanks

Ollie

Sky Insurance

I have just had a telephone conversation with both Ollie and Richard (Customer Services Manager) at Sky Insurance and I wish to say how impressed I am with how helpful they both were. I was made to feel so valued that I almost forgot there was a problem in the first place.

After talking to them directly, I can see now that Sky Insurance acted in the only way that they could under the circumstances. Whilst the fact remains that there are a couple of things I am not happy with, Richard has promised me that he is going to investigate these issues and get back to me when he knows more.

Anyway, my confidence in Sky Insurance has been restored. They have refunded the commission on my last policy (greatly received) and sorted me out with an outstanding new policy. I hope that as I have accepted this new policy, it demonstrates that I rate Sky Insurance as the best insurer for me and would not hesitate to recommend them to anyone else seeking insurance.

Oh and Ollie, please feel free to reply openly on here.

^^ Pipe down you muppet.

I live in a crap area where the crime rate is quite high, I sent sky a list of mods as long as your arm (literally) and they still insured me fully comp for a VERY reasonable rate.

Maybe they just don't like your attitude ;)

What Mr. Muppet might not have realised is that he is not a club member so does not qualify for any discounted policy from Sky Insurance.

I wouldn't class the area were i live as crap as it is a well respected area ,but when i contacted sky insurance for my N/A with "very few mods on " I received a phone call to say sorry we can't insure your modified supra in that post code. What a load of sh*te...!

Sted, according to your postcode it's a pretty mixed area, high income, lowish crime and very high education. I live in an area with low income, high crime, low education yet my insurance is cheaper than in the last place I lived which was rather posh area of Wokingham.

The insurance index is different to the census data, IME the rates have little bearing on where you actually live, but *presumably* more to do with the value of claims made in the area.

Sted, according to your postcode it's a pretty mixed area, high income, lowish crime and very high education. I live in an area with low income, high crime, low education yet my insurance is cheaper than in the last place I lived which was rather posh area of Wokingham.

The insurance index is different to the census data, IME the rates have little bearing on where you actually live, but *presumably* more to do with the value of claims made in the area.

That's possible a fair point Homer, I've just never been declined insurance before because of my postcode.

I just think its stupid that they just flat blank refuse to give insurance to some one who as never made a claim in 13yrs!

Anyway, my confidence in Sky Insurance has been restored. They have refunded the commission on my last policy (greatly received) and sorted me out with an outstanding new policy. I hope that as I have accepted this new policy, it demonstrates that I rate Sky Insurance as the best insurer for me and would not hesitate to recommend them to anyone else seeking insurance.

Oh and Ollie, please feel free to reply openly on here.

Hi,

thanks very much for this, much appreciated. I was going to go through your original post and reply bit by bit but I dont really see what that will acheive now that the issues have/are being resolved. I am glad your faith has now been restored.

Please do not hesitate to get back in contact with myself or Richard if you have any queries.

Thanks and regards

Ollie

Sky Insurance

I wouldn't class the area were i live as crap as it is a well respected area ,but when i contacted sky insurance for my N/A with "very few mods on " I received a phone call to say sorry we can't insure your modified supra in that post code. What a load of sh*te...!

Ok.. well our hands are tied on this unfortunately as our panel of insurers will not allow us to put our usual discounts on because of the area you live in being classed as high risk. Please dont take this the wrong way.. you may live in a nice sleepy village somewhere but your postcode classification has a high claims/loss ratio.. this could be thefts from vehicles accidents, vandalism etc etc...

May I ask.. what would you have preferred.. would you prefer us to explain that we were unable to quote or would you prefer us to give you a ridiculous price as a way of telling you we couldn't insure you?

Edited by SkyInsurance (see edit history)

Ok.. well our hands are tied on this unfortunately as our panel of insurers will not allow us to put our usual discounts on because of the area you live in being classed as high risk. Please dont take this the wrong way.. you may live in a nice sleepy village somewhere but your postcode classification has a high claims/loss ratio.. this could be thefts from vehicles accidents, vandalism etc etc...

Why doesn't everyone give that response then, high risk is high risk surely?

Why is it that most companies can insure and do insure at a low premium in this area.

May I ask.. what would you have preferred.. would you prefer us to explain that we were unable to quote or would you prefer us to give you a ridiculous price as a way of telling you we couldn't insure you?

Or in my case no quote at all despite 3 requests for a ring back :rolleyes:

Why doesn't everyone give that response then, high risk is high risk surely?

Why is it that most companies can insure and do insure at a low premium in this area.

Why? Because we work differently. Basically we have a car cluib scheme which you need to meet criteria for.. eg over 23 for comprehensive on a Civic Type R.. certain areas have certain restrictions.. eg an amber postcode would require the car is kept off road, must have cat 1, drivers must have at last 2 years bonus etc etc.. Some areas are excluded from our car club scheme so we cannot quote them on the car club scheme but we will always try and find an alternative insurer in this case.

May I just point out.. for the vast majority of club members the car club scheme works perfectly. unfortunately there will always be individuals we cannot cater for. We find this hugely frustrating but our hands are tied.

I hope that helps

Regards

Ollie

Sky Insurance

Or in my case no quote at all despite 3 requests for a ring back :rolleyes:

My apologies for this.

We have actually put in a new procedure today as we have had a couple of people complaining this week about call backs.

Please make us of the PM facility and I will endeavour to get you that call back.

regards

Ollie

Sky Insurance

My apologies for this.

We have actually put in a new procedure today as we have had a couple of people complaining this week about call backs.

Please make us of the PM facility and I will endeavour to get you that call back.

regards

Ollie

Sky Insurance

Unfortunately it was 2 months ago and have got other insurance now, but as it is the same area as Sted it would've been a waste of time anyway from the sound of it :(

Unfortunately it was 2 months ago and have got other insurance now, but as it is the same area as Sted it would've been a waste of time anyway from the sound of it :(

Fair enough. Bare in mind that I am here to help so please PM me if I can help at all.

If the car only has a few mods we may have been able to place it with one of our other insurers but I wouldn't be abel to predict a price.

Perhaps you can try us next year.

Thanks

Ollie

Why? Because we work differently. Basically we have a car cluib scheme which you need to meet criteria for.. eg over 23 for comprehensive on a Civic Type R.. certain areas have certain restrictions.. eg an amber postcode would require the car is kept off road, must have cat 1, drivers must have at last 2 years bonus etc etc.. Some areas are excluded from our car club scheme so we cannot quote them on the car club scheme but we will always try and find an alternative insurer in this case.

May I just point out.. for the vast majority of club members the car club scheme works perfectly. unfortunately there will always be individuals we cannot cater for. We find this hugely frustrating but our hands are tied.

I hope that helps

Regards

Ollie

Sky Insurance

Mmm so i must be in a red post code then ,

My N/Ais parked behind locked gates has a cat 1 alarm,I'm over 30 and have a lot more than 2 years no claims and no points.

I must be such a high risk compared to a 23 yr old with a Civic type R who is probably paying a large premium..!!

It just seem point less being a club insurance if you can't cater for all the members!

It just seem point less being a club insurance if you can't cater for all the members!

Ok.. let me put it this way.. if we open up insurance to every club member we would leave ourselves open to insuring 18 years olds on TT's.. that would push our claims loss ratio through the roof, we would have to pass on higher premiums to our other customers and we probably lose our car club scheme.

The Mkiv Supra club were and are fully aware that we cannot insure every member, it is total madness to expect that we could.

We have members like yourself who kick off periodically.. it is understandable and we find it frustrating that we cannot insure more members.. it is incredibly annoying when you have someone who ticks all the right boxes apart from the postcode.

Ollie

Sky Insurance

Oi Ollie whilst you're here I have a small grumble - when my renewal was due earlier this year it was left extremely late to remind me and as a result I pretty much had to take the quote for renewal or lapse my insurance cover. (I should make a note of dates myself I realise but am pretty crap at that stuff)

I didn't feel particularly loved in the process and felt the price wasn't brilliant because of the situation I was in and the lack of shopping around, can't remember who I dealt with other than it was a she - maybe you can sort me out yourself next time and make me feel more loved? ;)

Cheers,

Brian.

Ok.. let me put it this way.. if we open up insurance to every club member we would leave ourselves open to insuring 18 years olds on TT's.. that would push our claims loss ratio through the roof, we would have to pass on higher premiums to our other customers and we probably lose our car club scheme.

The Mkiv Supra club were and are fully aware that we cannot insure every member, it is total madness to expect that we could.

We have members like yourself who kick off periodically.. it is understandable and we find it frustrating that we cannot insure more members.. it is incredibly annoying when you have someone who ticks all the right boxes apart from the postcode.

Ollie

Sky Insurance

Ok maybe my last comment was a little ott. I realise you can't cater for all the members ie 18yr olds driving TT's because you just wouldn't insure them ,but the vast number of members on here aren't still being breast fed and are a lot older than 18.

Ok maybe my last comment was a little ott. I realise you can't cater for all the members ie 18yr olds driving TT's because you just wouldn't insure them ,but the vast number of members on here aren't still being breast fed and are a lot older than 18.

yes, and we insure the vast majority of members on here. In fact we insure more mkiv Supras than any other UK insurer. We are very competitive for those who fit our criteria.

Oi Ollie whilst you're here I have a small grumble - when my renewal was due earlier this year it was left extremely late to remind me and as a result I pretty much had to take the quote for renewal or lapse my insurance cover. (I should make a note of dates myself I realise but am pretty crap at that stuff)

I didn't feel particularly loved in the process and felt the price wasn't brilliant because of the situation I was in and the lack of shopping around, can't remember who I dealt with other than it was a she - maybe you can sort me out yourself next time and make me feel more loved? ;)

Cheers,

Brian.

Hi Brian,

our system senda out renewals automatically 21 days before the policy is due to expire.. I'm not sure what has happened in your case :search:

With regards to the price, as per our other thread, we have recently secured a price freeze on all Mkiv supra club member's renewals unless their is a change of circumsances or they are outside of our car club scheme.

I would always advise members to make contact via the forum... it is my job to look after you guys and answer any queries/demands.questions etc.. think of me as here to help.

Just dont talk to me about HD TV's cause that will go waaaay over my head :)

Thanks

Ollie

Ps, I love you :D

Well cant reply to my original post on the insurance subject as loads of posts between May and Sept seem to have dissapeared from the thread (Mods ?)

Anyway, i was disappointed by my renewal quote as it had risen by over £100 and although i had had one claim in the year (vandal damage) i had 6 years protected no claims, and felt that it shouldnt have risen so much.

However, after phoning around i managed to obtain a better quote which sky agreed to match (only one better quote however after lots and lots of phoning so Skys premium was competetive from the off).

Many thanks for this, after reading through pages and pages of this thread it does seem that the policies and rates which sky offer really are about as competetive as can be obtained, and it certainly is an added bonus to membership of what is already an excellent club/forum.

Despite the excellent premium however, the wife is still displeased with the price, and add the renewal premium to the upcoming service bills and shes not very happy at all (get rid of that car type of unhappy). If you can offer, a free meal for 2 with every policy in future that might just be about the best policy ever :D.

Many thanks

Brett