The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Supra V8 2uz project

EdMorris

Is it as bad as it sounds? Is this because of the choice of engine you went for or just the nature of taking on a project like this?

Well, I did get carried away with other parts of the build so that needs to be considered. That said, this engine/'box has proved very costly to build and install. Also, the power hungry won't feel its worth it as I don't expect the engine will produce more than 400bhp, and thats optimistic.

Proven power and reliability can be found in turnkey Chevy engines that you can order from GM to the level your budget will take. They can be mated to cheaper 'boxes and you know its all gonna work like factory. There are many guys in the uk using/building these type of V8's too, so you can visit the shop building your engine and have customer support should anything go wrong. The only thing with this route would be making it fit into the supra, which I believe has been done by rxv8 on this forum (although the car is now owned by another member). If I were to do it again, I'd use a Chevy engine.

• Replies 580
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ed quantum autos is the same kit i sent you the link for a while back...pm if you need details again as have loads of mails re 1uz-w58 kits...

Really? Blimey I'm going round in circles with this bloody thing. I need to focus.

Speaking with Roger earlier he seemed to think that we can get away with using some of what I already have. I'm going collate all the info I have on this already and discuss options with him. I appreciate all the links, advice, ideas, etc that you guys have passed onto me.

Really? Blimey I'm going round in circles with this bloody thing. I need to focus.

Speaking with Roger earlier he seemed to think that we can get away with using some of what I already have. I'm going collate all the info I have on this already and discuss options with him. I appreciate all the links, advice, ideas, etc that you guys have passed onto me.

ye his name is jake breyck...

• 3 months later...
Just had an email from Vince at Gibson Trimming. Car is finally ready to collect. Hopefully Roger is on the case with his new premises and I can drop it off to him soon.

In the meantime -

:blink: That is amazing.

TBH, I don't really like the colour, but the quality and finish look amazing. You must be over the moon. I was thinking of doing similar with my last car but getting Jurgens trimmer to do it in black leather with white stitching all round.

I've still got a full set of interior panels sat here though if I decide to go for it.

:blink: That is amazing.

TBH, I don't really like the colour, but the quality and finish look amazing. You must be over the moon. I was thinking of doing similar with my last car but getting Jurgens trimmer to do it in black leather with white stitching all round.

I've still got a full set of interior panels sat here though if I decide to go for it.

I know, the colour is gonna be a love it or hate it thing. I've not seen it in the flesh yet, but Vince's work is great.