The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Supra V8 2uz project

EdMorris

• Replies 580
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At the moment it sounds a bit more fruity than usual as a couple of bungs are out the exhaust (I'll only be using 2 O2 sensors not 4). However, I covered them up temporarily to see what the difference would be and its not that much quieter, which is nice. :)

Last night we had all four out and it sounded like a drag car, at 21.30, ha ha.

Edited by EdMorris (see edit history)

My next job will be to refit the rear offside brake caliper with new line and bleed the brakes. Then to tackle the clutch. The release bearing needs to be bleed and some setting up of the pedal travel is required. With any luck I should be able to move the car without pushing it then.

Outstanding engine note Ed! It was good talking with you yesterday, I am happy that the timing got sorted.

Eric

Thanks for ya time Eric. It was actually a fault somewhere else, and once that was fixed she fired first time. Still can't get over the sound, I love it.

You have done a lovely install there! Out of curiosity what does that engine weigh, dressed, compared to a GM LS7? Anyone know? Cheers.

Thanks Chris, couldn't have got this far without your help, and lots of others. In fact I may need to chat to you re. the clutch set up again, if I have problems.

The motor is pretty hefty, not sure on exact figures though. Also, I've added a lot of weight with sound proofing and extra carpet, leather etc. That bearing retainer was like a dumbbell weight too. I reckon she'll be a bit on the porky side when all done.

I'm wombie1 on your youtube btw.

Be good to get it weighed once you've done the lot. :D

How would I go about this? Can you do it when you get a proper geo set up done?

Click on "BB Code" at the bottom left of the page.

It takes you to http://mkivsupra.net/vbb/misc.php?do=bbcode

You want URL Hyperlinking.

Cool, thanks for that :thumbs:

Told you Lyndon was good Ed ;)

Sounds Awesome!

Indeed. Can't thank you enough for putting me onto him. Just need to wire in the lecky fans, tidy up a bit in the bay, and thats the loom done. :)