JamieP's New Supra Project!

JamieP

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Out of interest Jamie did you go for a sprung hub or a unsprung hub clutch plate?

The option just came to my mind this morning when my buddy got his through the post, with no springs in the clutch plate

I did not know there was a choice, pic of the clutch on the first post.

Brake fluid res?

heat sheid and turbo blanket will protect that as on my first supra.

lol, the Brake Fluid Reservoir is nowhere near the manifold

I can't see the pic until 4, if it has springs its sprung, otherwise its unsprung

You can specify which clutch plate you would like when ordering, I think the generic first choice for Max 'Street' Clutches would be sprung so if you never specified they would probably just send that

With the unsprung clutch as there are more stresses getting taking up with the drivetrain this may increase the chances of the flywheel chattering overtime, there is less roational mass though and less chance of the clutch plate failing,

I've never heard of a sprung RPS clutch fail, that said I'm sure there will be one at the power they put through them over in the U.S

I have a sprung, better for daily driving, although the 6Puk initially offsets that

We will soon know.

Went to see the car and Lee is doing a loverly job of things and the car is coming along nicely, Turbo with water and oil lines is now on as is exhaust.

Change of plan, im not going to bother with the powdercoating as im planning on changing to a VWR inlet manifold over the winter and ill get the bits done then.

Excellent progress, easy when it's being done by a pro :D

Shame about that dent though, can it be (carefully) pulled out?

Are you leaving the crash bar in place? Seems a real waste of a decent IC if 30% of it can't do anything

Couldn't you make a duct from the upper part of the bumper to the top of the IC to seal the whole front of the IC? It'd be a fiddle, but should make a massive improvement to the IC efficiency. Similar to the way the duct for the stock rad works?

Might be a project for the future though!