JamieP's New Supra Project!

JamieP

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Have you much else to buy for the engine mods, Jamie?

FPR, Catch can etc..

Nah im pretty much done now, i have a catch can but not gonna use it, using stock FPR as per Ryan's advice.

Done a few miles ths morning, from home just west of london to Colchester to pick up a pair of evo 8 seats, then Southend on sea to pick up a spare diff from Damo then down to near Brighton to drop all the parts to Lee and back home again:)

Ive boxed it up again now but when we come to fit it next week ill get a pic, any reason why?

I am curious what the finish is like inside the elbow and whether the elbow thickness makes for a smooth transition inside where it's welded to the housing.... nothing sinister! :D

They are cheap and all, just brought a mint set from a 14,000 mile evo 8 for £200, pick them up next week.

Nice seats and great price. How much (ballpark) were the frames?

If possible, would you be able to weight one (or give a guesstimate)?

Frames was £198+vat, Ive dropped the seats to Lee now and he will be putting them in the car any day, id say they are much lighter than the stock supra seats, them things weigh a ton with the electrics.

Frames was £198+vat, Ive dropped the seats to Lee now and he will be putting them in the car any day, id say they are much lighter than the stock supra seats, them things weigh a ton with the electrics.

+vat, that could only be from Paul :D Still, a very good price overall.

Yeah, the stock seats are shocking, almost anything (apart from an armchair) would be a weight improvement!

Thanks mate, good info.

charlie at ssr has an identical pair to those, he is selling on behalf of a customer:tongue:

something tells me you wont have to wait as long as me to get this up to full boost :D

looking great, that twin turbo set up looked almost as new !

Yea wont take long, im going over tomorrow to drop some more parts off and pick up some of the removed bits.

Very happy with the base car:)

something tells me you wont have to wait as long as me to get this up to full boost :D

looking great, that twin turbo set up looked almost as new !

Your not wrong it made it a bit easier to take apart as nothing was seized at all. :) Its very clean under there.