• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Where you get yaaa Money on ?

On your Supra LOL :)

Amazing, watched all 167 Pages .... nice History

He's other wise Known as the Stig on Top Gear. Only MKIV.NET members know this. So he gets paid s h i t loads for driving there cars. :D ;)

Hence all the nice mods on his car, if your lucky you can buy them 2nd hand off him once he gets bored with the current set up, hehe. ;)

Hi Jamie,

I noticed you are using the Q45 throttle body which is quite a lot bigger than the oem TB. How is the drivability with that throttle body? Are you experiencing any difficulties when you start to drive from a standstill etc?

Thanks

Hi Jamie,

I noticed you are using the Q45 throttle body which is quite a lot bigger than the oem TB. How is the drivability with that throttle body? Are you experiencing any difficulties when you start to drive from a standstill etc?

Thanks

No different from stock mate.

At the same boost i gained 100bhp, granted that was with 256 cams aswell but they would not give anywhere near that boost in power.

That is sure a major difference. How high was the boost when you did the 730hp run?

You are a great contribution to the supra community. :thumbs:

Actually, I should be able to give you some feedback on this turbo, but on a car without the cams, fairly soon :eyebrows:

At the moment it's only mapped to 1 bar because of some "internal issues", but a rebuild will soon sort that. But Dude took me out in it over the weekend, and even at 1.0 bar it's savage to say the least. I honestly wasn't aware of any lag, it was just instant apocalyptic power :D

I think the last check was 475bhp at just 1.0 bar before we started to hit a misfire, so there is loads more potential once that's sorted out as the turbo is only just starting to hit the sweet spot at that boost.

I'll do a proper update once everything is done and running ... I don't want to jinx it any more than it already has been ;) :taped:

Cheers, J

That is sure a major difference. How high was the boost when you did the 730hp run?

You are a great contribution to the supra community. :thumbs:

It was 1.8bar at 730bhp but i now run 1.9bar so should be a little higher, maybe 750bhp.

It could have been but it only seemed to effect spool time, not power.

My billet at 1.4bar made 650bhp on a very hot engine, (next day i made extra 30bhp from just being cool) ive not seen any normal T67 make that power at that boost.

Yanks seem to be seeing similar results over normal T67.

680 is a lot of power alright - I didn't realize it made that much at 1.4bar, that is excellent. Ignoring the usual "single" mods, am I right to assume this was with the Jun 256 cams and the Greddy intake using Super Unleaded? Did you have the WI running?

680 is a lot of power alright - I didn't realize it made that much at 1.4bar, that is excellent. Ignoring the usual "single" mods, am I right to assume this was with the Jun 256 cams and the Greddy intake using Super Unleaded? Did you have the WI running?

I never tested it the next day at 1.4bar, but where it made 700bhp on a hot engine it made 730bhp the next day on a cool engine with no changes if you know what i mean.

Yes spec as you say, bp ultimate and no water injection, i never bother with it, im going to remove it soon, keep forgeting.

Hi Jamie I love your car. Did you paint your sparkplug cover and fuse covers your self (if so, with what paint?) or did you get a car sprayer to do it? It looks so clean!

Did you also paint the fan cover? It looks very clean and new.

Hi Jamie I love your car. Did you paint your sparkplug cover and fuse covers your self (if so, with what paint?) or did you get a car sprayer to do it? It looks so clean!

Did you also paint the fan cover? It looks very clean and new.

Spark plug cover is carbon mate, unless you are talking about the old green i had for a while? yes did that myself with rattle can.

Really nice Supra and modifications!! :)

Good to see your results with the 6765 turbo, I've got the same turbo/turbine housing. Still got stock cams though, we'll see what she does on the dyno.. :)

Spark plug cover is carbon mate, unless you are talking about the old green i had for a while? yes did that myself with rattle can.

Hehe Maybe I have a bad vision but I mean the spark plug cover in this photo, that isnt carbon right?

Is it black matt or gloss? It looks very nice!

Edited by Zofix (see edit history)

thats kool man....i'm trying to get mine to 1000bhp .....i'm using the T62R 35th anniversary turbo and getting some hks parts shipped from japan:)....but trying to get hold of the top secret g force widebody kit which was used on the v12 supra made by top secret

:rolleyes:

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?p=2690289#post2690289

Edited by ugp (see edit history)

thats kool man....i'm trying to get mine to 1000bhp .....i'm using the T62R 35th anniversary turbo and getting some hks parts shipped from japan:)....but trying to get hold of the top secret g force widebody kit which was used on the v12 supra made by top secret

You should start a build thread, get some pics of the car and parts up as you go.

Overnight?

No more overnight parts from Japan for Nitro - spam deleted, I'm calling Kiddy Troll.

Back to the thread folks - really liking the look of that Billet Turbo Jamie, will be good to see how it performs on stock cams as other people fit them as the T67 DBB seemed such a good match to stock cams.

Cheers,

Brian.

I think my rear end wobble may now be fixed, Lee changed all the arms and bushes etc on the rear end and he said he cant feel the wobble now, he is dropping it back to me at about 4, looking forward to having a go, booked into wheels in motion for monday.

Ryan is coming over monday for a few tweeks, im still not sure this boost problem is fixed, the turbo is making some strange noises, i have a bad feeling it might be f**ked, if it is ill never buy precision again.

Nearly ready for Thunder road now, just gonna fit some R888's back on and hoping to do well.