JamieP's New Supra Project!

JamieP

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

:D that's the way to do it! Amazing how opinion differs on that subject really. My mate is right in the middle of running in his rotary for 1500 miles and it's driving him crazy. I won't tell him about the other method though lol :bang:

You can do more harm than good running in an engine like that. Most of the run in is done in the first 20 miles.

If it blows up its my problem, no way im running an engine in for 1000miles.

No, you don't need to. I did 500 miles on mineral oil in mine but it's not needed.

You have to load the engine and bed the rings in at the begining or you may risk it not sealing properly.

just curious but would you use a similiar tecnique in bedding in a clutch?? fitting my spec clutch soon.

Some manufactures suggest 300 miles like my rps 6 puck with rps flywheel.

Think i done 100 miles then got bored. Was still running strong afaik

I would avoid puting oil on it. :D

lol, i ment the running in miles ;)

Some manufactures suggest 300 miles like my rps 6 puck with rps flywheel.

Think i done 100 miles then got bored. Was still running strong afaik

ya, ill probably get bored too, was advised 800 miles.. i dont do that much in 6 months!

ps sorry to Jamiep and his thread for the off the topic chat

See Ryan today for some more mapping, turns out the flames are not from over fueling, its oil, getting lots of smoke on boost, looks like the seals have gone on the turbo, my own fault as i bodged a quick fix to the turbo feed when it broke, no restrictor equals blown seals.:rolleyes:

No big deal, ive pm'd dusty to get me another turbo asap, hope it comes in time for thunder road, although i will run like this if i have to, just wont perform to its best.:)

Also my built engine is done, not sure when to fit it tbh as i dont want to miss any shows, gonna check out whats going on and may fit it the week after thunder road.

If you need a tubby pronto, then daddy got one in a box under the bed. :D

If you need a tubby pronto, then daddy got one in a box under the bed. :D

I did think that but id need a downpipe an all, just waiting for a reply from Dusty (he is talking with precision for me) if i cant get one for a while ill give you a shout mate.

Checked the turbo and i was running the correct size reducer for the oil feed, lee had changed it when fitting the billet 6765.

Had a email back from precision (via mvp) saying the failure could have been because im not running a ported H cover, why sell me one without a ported H cover then?:rolleyes:

So ive ordered a new turbo as i dont want to wait while this one is being fixed, this time ported H cover.

They are building it up today for imediate dispatch but not sure ill have it in time for thunder road, the one on it still seems to boost fine so ill run with that, its just a bit smokey and the bearings sound a bit dodgy when you shut down, ill send it back when the new one is on.

It'll be interesting to see the dyno plot with the ported housing to see if there are any detrimental effects to spool or top end. When I bought my non billet 67DBB it had a ported "HP" housing and I swapped it for the non ported "H" housing :D

It'll be interesting to see the dyno plot with the ported housing to see if there are any detrimental effects to spool or top end. When I bought my non billet 67DBB it had a ported "HP" housing and I swapped it for the non ported "H" housing :D

Yeah, Jay is on a ported H cover, hope it dont kill power.

They shipped it this morning, should be with me wensday but as Ryan is not about much next week to check the map im not sure ill fit it till after thunder road, might bung in the new engine and all, not sure yet.

Yeah, Jay is on a ported H cover, hope it dont kill power.

They shipped it this morning, should be with me wensday but as Ryan is not about much next week to check the map im not sure ill fit it till after thunder road, might bung in the new engine and all, not sure yet.

Come on JP, you know you want to ;)

New engine, new turbo, thunder road. A winning formula. Where is TR held?

Come on JP, you know you want to ;)

New engine, new turbo, thunder road. A winning formula. Where is TR held?

New engine would never be fitted in time, thunder road is next weekend mate. Woodbridge Airfield near Ipswich in Suffolk.

I'd just swap the cover and stick with this motor unless it starts giving you grief. From what i gather you may lose some spool and a bit of top end so i'd leave the cover swap till after TR so Ryan can check the fuelling. Everything else ready to roll?