JamieP's New Supra Project!

JamieP

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Bout time mate, which magazine is doing it for you?

It will be one of the two jap magazines, both have shown interest, Freelance photographer called Steve hall saw the car on pistonheads readers cars and contacted me. (it will go to what ever magazine pays the most i guess) talking with steve yesterday he has some great ideas for a shoot, should be good.

http://www.stevehallphotography.net/

Its coming of the intercooler, not pipe, im sure decent clamps will sort it.

I know, but if the IC collar wont hold it with the mikalor clamps you could try giving the IC a few extra weldspots

...but yes, my money is on the stronger clamps as well

do they pay YOU for a proper editorial feature then?

Ive never heard of anyone getting paid to put there car in a magazine before? Steve will get paid by the magazine just like any other photographer does for there work i guess, he has a job to do and has to earn money.

I'll be happy with a nice feature on my car:)

(it will go to what ever magazine pays the most i guess)

Ive never heard of anyone getting paid to put there car in a magazine before? Steve will get paid by the magazine just like any other photographer does for there work i guess, he has a job to do and has to earn money.

I'll be happy with a nice feature on my car:)

Sorry dude i mis-read your earlier point about getting paid ... you were referring to the photographer!!

Yeah a nice feature will be awesome mate :thumbs:

Maybe, im gonna do a bit more investigating tomorrow, im gonna remove the bov, if i cant find anything im gonna wait till after the mag feature and strip it down the following weekend.

I cant see ive done more than 2k on this turbo, if it has failed i wont be impressed.

Symptoms are ive lost about .5bar boost, spool time is down and when coming on and off boost i can hear a whooshing sound.

Edited by JamieP (see edit history)

Maybe, im gonna do a bit more investigating tomorrow, im gonna remove the bov, if i cant find anything im gonna wait till after the mag feature and strip it down the following weekend.

I cant see ive done more than 2k on this turbo, if it has failed i wont be impressed.

Symptoms are ive lost about .5bar boost, spool time is down and when coming on and off boost i can hear a whooshing sound.

Gotta be a boost leak,

Tell me if im wrong here.

If it was a boost leak and im not hitting the boost the ecu is asking for then the wastegate should not open?

Trouble is i can hear the wastegate open as normal, which dont make sense to me.

Gotta be a boost leak,

Still think that after reading the above? im not sure my thinking is right?

Tell me if im wrong here.

If it was a boost leak and im not hitting the boost the ecu is asking for then the wastegate should not open?

Trouble is i can hear the wastegate open as normal, which dont make sense to me.

Depends where the leak is, if the Soloniod is seeing 1.8 bar or what ever you have it at these days then it will open the wastegate but the boost may be leaking from later in the system I would have though??