JamieP's New Supra Project!

JamieP

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Had my magazine shoot friday, Steve got some truly amazing shots, cant wait for that to go to print and as soon as the mag is out i will be getting all the photos, more on that soon.

Looks like my boost problem is now fixed, i took the waste gate off today (pig of a job with a 4" down pipe in the way) and split it open, diaphragm looked all good but i changed it out anyway and also changed the spring.

I was running a 0.6bar spring, i replaced with a 1.4bar twin coil spring, car seem to be boosting as it should now but with Ryans help i have to turn down the duty cycle tomorrow to be sure as its seriously over boosting, spool time seems to be back to normal.

I can only assume the 0.6bar spring had gone weak?

Ive been talking with Geoff of Full race a bit of late about various setups for my new engine, some interesting turbos coming out this year, one that i like the sound of trying out is the BW 91-79 with the larger twin scroll 1.10ar that will be coming out end of march, he also tells me of a another turbo that will be out nov 2010.

I can not give any details on this turbo yet, but it WILL change the aftermarket turbocharger industry. The engineering/development that went into this + the performance gains that will come out of it are far and away the most significant developments our market has seen since Garrett introuduced the GT turbos. if you can wait until then, i would recommend it.

I like the sound of that turbo:eyebrows:

Also going to be changing to one of geoffs twin wastegate full race manifolds:cool:

Edited by JamieP (see edit history)

Turn the duty all the way down to 0% from about 50% today and still overboosting, i could not make enough boost before now im making to much:rolleyes:

Just waiting to speak with Ryan and im gonna strip it down again.:(

You need my Full Race downpipe/midpipes ;) Pity its a 3" flange...

£300 and ill take it;)

Turn the duty all the way down to 0% from about 50% today and still overboosting, i could not make enough boost before now im making to much:rolleyes:

Its possible that you might of pinched the diaphragm incorrectly when refiting the wastegate housing as its not easy compressing it with two springs. ( i have done the same before)

connect a regulated pressure of 1.4 bar to the pipework that opens the wastegate to see when it starts opening.

Its possible that you might of pinched the diaphragm incorrectly when refiting the wastegate housing as its not easy compressing it with two springs. ( i have done the same before)

connect a regulated pressure of 1.4 bar to the pipework that opens the wastegate to see when it starts opening.

Very possible mate, it was not easy getting it together, im gonna have it off again, not to hard now i know what im doing.

Some stunning photo's love the ones with the red veyron and the carbon aston martin. Looking forward to seeing yours . What kind of backdrop did he shoot the car against ?

Every type of backdrop, he must of took 5000 photos, was still taking them till it was pitch black 8 in the evening, he got a cracking one of me parked in a puddle under a motorway bridge, was my favorite shot, soon as the mag goes to print i get a full set of wallpaper size photo's.

We need someone to do a back to back over here with same setup and same boost. Maybe Jay should lend me his turbo for a dyno run while his car is off the road :D

At the same boost i gained 100bhp, granted that was with 256 cams aswell but they would not give anywhere near that boost in power.

At the same boost i gained 100bhp, granted that was with 256 cams aswell but they would not give anywhere near that boost in power.

Yeah but wasn't your old turbo goosed by the time you did the ~630 run? I remember you dumped a load of power and torque in the midrange compared to a previous run at less boost so it stands to reason that the ass had fallen out of the top end by that point as well. Plus you went to a 0.81 as well didn't you? That would definitely help too.

Edit: I would like to see some 100% fair numbers and then I'd know if I should be getting one :)

Yeah but wasn't your old turbo goosed by the time you did the ~630 run? I remember you dumped a load of power and torque in the midrange compared to a previous run at less boost so it stands to reason that the ass had fallen out of the top end by that point as well. Plus you went to a 0.81 as well didn't you? That would definitely help too.

Edit: I would like to see some 100% fair numbers and then I'd know if I should be getting one :)

It could have been but it only seemed to effect spool time, not power.

My billet at 1.4bar made 650bhp on a very hot engine, (next day i made extra 30bhp from just being cool) ive not seen any normal T67 make that power at that boost.

Yanks seem to be seeing similar results over normal T67.

Edited by JamieP (see edit history)