The mkiv Supra Owners Club

JamieP's New Supra Project!

JamieP

Depends where the leak is, if the Soloniod is seeing 1.8 bar or what ever you have it at these days then it will open the wastegate but the boost may be leaking from later in the system I would have though??

Ahhh, good thinking, so the soloniod could still be seeing the right boost but the turbo not?

Boost leak aside anyone think my wastegate spring could have snapped with the symptons im saying?

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Can you move your boost gauge connecting pipe to the compressor outlet or at least somewhere much closer to the turbo? It'll seem to read a little odd when idling or off boost but the on boost readings will be interesting and could help you determine if it's a leak.

If you see a significant increase in boost at the compressor housing then it could be a leak anywhere from the compressor outlet to the inlet manifold gasket.

Excuse me if you did :D

Did you do a bung test with compressed air to check for leaks on the intercooler pipework and the actual intercooler?

First thing tomorrow mate, ive not done this in a while, ive still got my cover for the turbo as per pic on the page before, just block off the tb and pump it up?

Like new again :)

Not yet, but it will be by tuesday when stonkin has finished with it, im gonna spend all day tomorrow on it and all, trying to get it spotless for the mag feature.:)

Once thats over with im gonna get on with sorting this boost problem.

ha ha :D does that work fine...good result?

I love the snow foam, let it soak on and blast 95% of the crud of the car.

I would like to see your neigbourgh's face when you take off you wheels before cleaning your car :D

Looks very nice back again :)

Its a once a year thing, really needed doing.

How much foam do you use with the water Jamie and how long do you leave it on for??

You'll have to get some pics up after the big clean and Christians' visit!!

I use about 50% snow foam/water mix with a little car shampoo mixed in.

I will stick some pics up when Christian has done his stuff:)

Edited by JamieP (see edit history)