Matt H

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest CoolsBlue
Have you not seen all the ones i posted when Knight Racer finished their bit?

i only saw 2 outisde a yard with the kr logos being put on the windscreen

• 2 weeks later...

Update,

Well managed to limp home from the ACE cafe meet after picking the car up from AFR. Gearbox / Engine is still playing up :cry:

Going to post up a question about it in tech.. so off there now..

List of current problems:

1. Gearbox / engine not working properly

2. AFR / Defi Gauges need wiring in

3. Door sensor needs working on

4. Air con / heater needs sorting out

5. Slip control off button doesnt do anything

6. Manu mode button doesnt do anything

7. Speedo doesnt work

8. Two wheel studs missing (one on either side a the rear)

9. Fan shroud is now completely bust so need one of them

10. No kick down button under accerlorator (car doesnt seem to kick down properly anway)

11. General tidy up

12. Emanage blue / map review

13. Fag lighter doesnt work (now this because coudlnt charge my sat nav up!! doh!)

14. Change gear button on gearbox lever is missing

think thats it... :confused:...

Bit of a shame really but I suspect the torque converter is fubar'd due to being run without any transmission fluid.

Got as much done as we could in time for the Ace meet but we're pretty busy at the mo :) Just wish there was someone trustworthy up your way that I could point you to, it's safe to say we're a fair old distance away !

It's the two wheel studs missing I was more concerned with :wtf: :eek: A buggered engine can cause you personal hassle. A wheel flying off at 80mph can kill people.

I had a stud shear once after someone else did it up to roughly 1000ftlbs, and I was bricking it the 3 miles through 30mph traffic back home as I could hear this "creak creak creak", one creak every wheel rotation. Basically the lack of support for 20% of the wheel rotation was straining the other studs to the point where things were loosening and/or stretching. The car didn't go anywhere until I'd replaced all 5 studs (in fact I did both sides to be sure).

Have you ever thought that perhaps sometimes some of your bad luck is perhaps sometimes a wee bit self inflicted. Perhaps.

It's the two wheel studs missing I was more concerned with :wtf: :eek: A buggered engine can cause you personal hassle. A wheel flying off at 80mph can kill people.

I had a stud shear once after someone else did it up to roughly 1000ftlbs, and I was bricking it the 3 miles through 30mph traffic back home as I could hear this "creak creak creak", one creak every wheel rotation. Basically the lack of support for 20% of the wheel rotation was straining the other studs to the point where things were loosening and/or stretching. The car didn't go anywhere until I'd replaced all 5 studs (in fact I did both sides to be sure).

Have you ever thought that perhaps sometimes some of your bad luck is perhaps sometimes a wee bit self inflicted. Perhaps.

jeez same thing happened to me on a four stud pattern, crapped myself driving back and the other 3 sheared leaving me on the side of the road, luckily i was going dead slow:blink:

Guest CoolsBlue

Mate you shouldnt be driving it in this condition, can make things worse for you and your car!!!

1.Gearbox / engine not working properly

8.Two wheel studs missing (one on either side a the rear)

7.Speedo doesnt work

10.No kick down button under accerlorator (car doesnt seem to kick down properly anway)

main things there matt, get them sorted asap.

If the gearbox and engine aren't working properly why were you even driving it let alone driving it back all the way to where you live?

Its a lovely idea in a perfect world, but i had no idea of the main problems until i got to pick my car up and got the cafe. Thought the speedo was fixed, thought the gearbox was running but wasnt 100% fixed as Matt said, but it wasnt until i got to the sace cafe the problems arouse with the drive. I was in London, and had to get home.. no trains, no nothing to get home apart from my car, work then next day had to go.. You two sit on your high horses and preach and i'll live in reality where sometimes you have to do what it takes. :rolleyes:

Edited by Matt H (see edit history)

Thats really insulting, so you say when i get landed with the cr&p, i should preform miracles when i have to make the best out this parcticular situation. Great denomination from a single paragraph :rolleyes:

Its a lovely idea in a perfect world, but i had no idea of the main problems until i got to pick my car up. Thought the speedo was fixed, thought the gearbox was fixed I was in London, and had to get home.. no trains, no nothing to get home apart from my car, work then next day had to go.. You too sit on your high horses and preace and i'll live in reality where sometimes you have to do what it takes. :rolleyes:

i would not think they were being sarcastic matt, but they do have a valid point,

i can see by the pics that you want to show her off which is fair enough, but go safe matey thought you would have left her at Matt's till sorted as i am sure he would not have wanting you to take it with those problems still outstanding:blink:

Matt called me last week and explained that he wanted to get to the Ace meet, all issues were identified and Matt decided to drive the car away. As for the wheel studs, there was effectively only 3 on one side when it came in as one side was missing one and another thread was knackered :eek: I couldn't get hold of studs in time so put four in both the rears and advised Matt accordingly.

Guest Nicholas
Matt called me last week and explained that he wanted to get to the Ace meet, all issues were identified and Matt decided to drive the car away. As for the wheel studs, there was effectively only 3 on one side when it came in as one side was missing one and another thread was knackered :eek: I couldn't get hold of studs in time so put four in both the rears and advised Matt accordingly.

Matt, I'm not having a dig but would it not have been a better idea to not allow matt to take his car? what if a wheel came off causing an accident and he killed either himself or someone else, would you not feel responsible? I know I would! I understand the customer is always right and what they say goes unless it's dangerous to both them and the public.

Matt, I'm not having a dig but would it not have been a better idea to not allow matt to take his car? what if a wheel came off causing an accident and he killed either himself or someone else, would you not feel responsible? I know I would! I understand the customer is always right and what they say goes unless it's dangerous to both them and the public.

I do agree with you mate but what could I do ? The customer had been advised of the issues, paid their bill in full and decided to drive the car away.

The car is being trailered back and another gearbox being sought.

Guest Nicholas
I do agree with you mate but what could I do ? The customer had been advised of the issues, paid their bill in full and decided to drive the car away.

The car is being trailered back and another gearbox being sought.

I understand how awkward the situation is as he had paid his bill so the decision to take the car was solely down to him but surely safety is paramount in situations like this? Might be worth knocking up some kind of disclaimer incase the worst does happen just to cover yourself.

You two sit on your high horses and preach and i'll live in reality where sometimes you have to do what it takes. :rolleyes:

Or maybe you won't live anywhere and you'll take someone else out with you because your half built kit car has decided to fall apart at 80mph on a motorway.

I understand how awkward the situation is as he had paid his bill so the decision to take the car was solely down to him but surely safety is paramount in situations like this? Might be worth knocking up some kind of disclaimer incase the worst does happen just to cover yourself.

Yeah might have to do that.