The mkiv Supra Owners Club

The next stage in the saga!

Matt H

Guest CoolsBlue
So I'm going by experience here in saying that I don't think cars should be driven without all their wheel nuts/studs on and intact.

Thats just obvious, why do ya think MR'T put 5 on there?;)

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

...............i doubt you'll receive the same dressing down as he did for this but that maybe due to the realisation that it is in fact not putting anyone in mortal danger or it may be that you are generally more liked on the forum............

MMM you have a point I guess. There are two schools of thought on the stud issue. My experiences prove that perhaps it can be OK where as others have proven in their experiences it certainly wasn't. You are right that the slagging off for that got a bit much. As for the other parts with the gearbox etc well that is possibly the reason why he ends up with so much stick. Its like an invitation to take the p*ss. Especially when the exact thing he is warned will happen does.

People seem to be getting very jittery about running with less than five nuts holding a wheel on, yet they happily buy incorrect wheels, with incorrect spigot hole diameters and no adaptor rings. Running a wheel such as this, let alone one with incorrect offset as well, puts a HUGE loading on the studs as they also have to take the weight of the car and all vertical suspension shocks. these loads SHOULD be taken by the hub nose, it being a snug fit in the wheel itself.

You know, I've looked for the information. It can be found. A LOT of work. What I haven't found is a DEFINITIVE list.

There is no list of CORRECT WHEELS ANYWHERE.

This forum has been going on 7 years or more, and everyone asks about offset. Then, when that question is asked, it's flamed.

It happens at all tech questions.

I was recently flamed for not addressing coil pack stuff correctly.

Well just cos tt's don't have HT leads, cos they don't have a distributor doesn't mean there's no HIGH TENSION (HT) ELECTRICITY, around. No spark otherwise.

Pedantic is the word of the day.

All the experts. Give us a definitive list of THE - correct suspension components, wheels, brakes. Let's get these cars CORRECT as best we're able.

Maybe then people wouldn't DIE.

Like WSB i cant be arsed to read all of this. Ive read some bits though...

My NA ran on 4 studs in the rear drivers side wheel for quite a while (a couple of months a the most) when i had my 16's on. No play in the wheel. No funny noise. Nothing like that. It also passed an MOT in that time. A couple of grages i spoke to also said it would be ok but obviously not for a huge ammount of time.

Cut him some slack guys. He has had a lot of frustration and hassles during his Supra ownership (i know he is not the only one).

He is a young man and maybe the excitement and probably relief of finally getting to the end of the saga, getting to show it off to like minded people clouded his judgement and he took the decision to drive it.

We all make decisions that with hindsight could have taken a very different turn ;)

Then, when that question is asked, it's flamed.

Link to this happening please :)

It happens at all tech questions.

A cursory check has just shown it happening approximately no times in two pages of threads, so I'm not sure about the "all" statement there.

I was recently flamed for not addressing coil pack stuff correctly.

That's just not on - I would have thought I'd seen a flaming of several pages, best you provide a link to this too so the mods can have words with all the flamers.

Well just cos tt's don't have HT leads, cos they don't have a distributor doesn't mean there's no HIGH TENSION (HT) ELECTRICITY, around. No spark otherwise.

Well, it all happens inside the coil pack over the space of a few millimeters, in a completely sealed unit, so, well, I'd say insisting that there a HT element in the face of that is being a bit pedantic.

Pedantic is the word of the day.

Doh.

All the experts. Give us a definitive list of THE - correct suspension components, wheels, brakes. Let's get these cars CORRECT as best we're able.

Maybe then people wouldn't DIE.

So you say the tech experts flame everyone, for asking any questions, in all threads in tech. And then demand them to write up a definitive list of wheels for you because you can't be arsed to search? Mmm hmmm ;) That's going to happen :D

-Ian

Banned again hey Matt. Seriously though Matt I know your desperate for your car back and were messed about badly by hyper but I would just leave it in the capable hands of AFR until Matt is 110% happy with it and they had plenty of time to iron out all the problems cause lets face it they/you just can't trust anything that Hyper have done!

Banned again hey Matt. Seriously though Matt I know your desperate for your car back and were messed about badly by hyper but I would just leave it in the capable hands of AFR until Matt is 110% happy with it and they had plenty of time to iron out all the problems cause lets face it they/you just can't trust anything that Hyper have done!

Impatience is strong in this one...!!:D

Cant be @rsed to read 16 pages, what he get banned for?
Unless I missed something, as far as I can see MattH was banned because he dared to use the: :clown: smiley in a reply to Doug.

Insulted Doug.
Hardly insulting, was it.

I know Doug has a way thicker skin than to be insulted by something like that.

Some of the moderating in this thread has been remarkable though.

Publicly voicing your opinion of decisions does not go down well.
ego trip much?

I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if MattH never posted on here again.

Unless I missed something, as far as I can see MattH was banned because he dared to use the: :clown: smiley in a reply to Doug.

You missed something. I'd point it out but I'm off on an ego trip to sunny Scarborough.

Smoochies.

I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if MattH never posted on here again.

Maybe there was more to it. :search:

And as for not posting here again, I'm sure he'll be back. He's a bit glutton for punishment IMO :)