The next stage in the saga!

Matt H

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It could be the back panel was not from an aero (I seem to recall the car used a cutout section for the repair)

There should be two metal brackets on each side which the large plastic support bolt to - do you have those?

i will take a look for you, you have the areotop back plastic panel with the cutouts right???

yeah i do

It could be the back panel was not from an aero (I seem to recall the car used a cutout section for the repair)

There should be two metal brackets on each side which the large plastic support bolt to - do you have those?

Umm, only the rear passenger arch was repaired, i'll take some pics and show you what i have. I have metal brackets but nothing to fasten them too.

good luck with all this Matt, I'm sure it'll be fixed in no time :D

Ta

If your car has hybrids it shouldn't need a restrictor ring in the exhaust Matt.

It should if i want to keep it boosting at 1.2 bar max until i want to up the boost to 1.4 using a boost controller.

Remember the reason why all this cr&p happened in the first place is because my 1.2 restrictor ring let my turbos boost to well over 1.4..

It should if i want to keep it boosting at 1.2 bar max until i want to up the boost to 1.4 using a boost controller.

Remember the reason why all this cr&p happened in the first place is because my 1.2 restrictor ring let my turbos boost to well over 1.4..

Were you running TTC Matt?

Umm, only the rear passenger arch was repaired, i'll take some pics and show you what i have. I have metal brackets but nothing to fasten them too.

The pic below might help, it shows the metal bracket welded to the car, and the plastic support that gets screwed to it.

Image0631.jpg

When the turbos are converted from stock to hybrids surely the turbo company fixes the wastegate issue which causes boost creep :search:

umm, :search:

Were you running TTC Matt?

True Twin? definatley not mate :)

The pic below might help, it shows the metal bracket welded to the car, and the plastic support that gets screwed to it.

Ah, cheers homer... nope i'm missing those on both sides! sh!t

Well the car arrived safe and sound at about 5pm, will have a look as soon as possible but it's a very mkivsupra.net place at AFR this week, 8 members in total :D Two over at the bodyshop tho ;) Still I'm sure we'll have a quick look tomorrow or Wednesday before Matt goes on hols.

The car was losing oil though, left a puddle on the trailer and dripped as it came off the trailer too. Not a very happy Supra :(

Well the car arrived safe and sound at about 5pm, will have a look as soon as possible but it's a very mkivsupra.net place at AFR this week, 8 members in total :D Two over at the bodyshop tho ;) Still I'm sure we'll have a quick look tomorrow or Wednesday before Matt goes on hols.

The car was losing oil though, left a puddle on the trailer and dripped as it came off the trailer too. Not a very happy Supra :(

Cheers Matt,

Didnt know about the oil leak, theres nothing on the drive and its been sat there for a week now.. odd

When the turbos are converted from stock to hybrids surely the turbo company fixes the wastegate issue which causes boost creep :search:

Absolutely - hybrid turbos should have a correctly sized wastegate opening. If they overboost without a restrictor ring in the exhaust then they ain't worth having.

It's late and probably in numpty mode - but why would hybrids not have boost creep?

Surely it was the back pressure from the cats that negated this in the first place - and hybrids normally only rebuild internals and widen entrance?

As I said - numpty mode tonight etc...

It's late and probably in numpty mode - but why would hybrids not have boost creep?

Surely it was the back pressure from the cats that negated this in the first place - and hybrids normally only rebuild internals and widen entrance?

As I said - numpty mode tonight etc...

The wastegate should (in most cases) be enlarged on the hybrids allowing for the boost to be controlled. The inadequate wastegate on the jspecs was always the reason for the overboost and need for exhaust restriction. The UK's had a larger wg which is why they always need BC to raise beyond 0.8 bar.

I kept quiet on this until now, but this was my suspicion since day one.

Who supplied them and who fitted them originally Matt? Wasn't TF was it?

Original ones pre-CW bang came with the car. ones that are on now were supplied and fitted by Hyper. they were £1200 brand new jobbies (apparantly)

UPDATE@ Matt has confirmed the transmition has been fixed!

Little bit optimistic mate ;) The oil cooler hose to the transmission looked like this :eek:

http://img357.imageshack.us/img357/319/p7022327smallbn2.jpg

So that's what the fluid was on the trailer. The way it was fitted meant that it rubbed on a metal bracket and wore through the hose.

Put some atf in the gearbox and we do now have drive to the rear wheels, BUT when in drive and with the wheels off the floor, it won't rev past about 1500-1800rpms - it revs fine in neutral.

There's a bit of a leak from the gearbox so at this point I'm inclined to have the gearbox out so we can check this and the torque converter.

The UK's had a larger wg which is why they always need BC to raise beyond 0.8 bar.

It's about 1 bar mate as you can hit fuel cut on a UK with both cats out and a sports exhaust, mine and bignums were the same.

I've actually hit 1.05 bar with a FCD fitted and running the car up to the UK limiter :innocent: