The mkiv Supra Owners Club

The next stage in the saga!

Matt H

Paid a visit to AFR today Matt H. Your cars in bits. :D

Don't laugh mate, so is yours :D

Note to self, do not go in anymore singled cars.

Many thanks Matt. :)

You're more than welcome mate, the twin pumps are now in so can finish mapping her soon - then I'll take you for a spin :eyebrows: Good to meet you today mate :)

As for the EGT sensor, Ryan tells me off ;) but I generally put them just post turbo on cars with a stock manifold - as long as the guy mapping the car is aware then I don't see a major problem.

Edited by Muffleman (see edit history)

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

The car has not yet been road tested as it came to us on a trailer. If there is a reason why this car cannot be legally driven on the road, then I'd appreciate more info. I have insurance covering me whilst driving all vehicles in my care, but if there is more to this then I would like to know, by PM if necessary.

If need be we can do simulated driving on the dyno.

The car has not yet been road tested as it came to us on a trailer. If there is a reason why this car cannot be legally driven on the road, then I'd appreciate more info. I have insurance covering me whilst driving all vehicles in my care, but if there is more to this then I would like to know, by PM if necessary.

If need be we can do simulated driving on the dyno.

it was a written off shell rejigged and repaired but it has not been registered yet so technical the car dose not exist at the moment if that makes seance ?

Pretty much, The shell came from a written off vehicle, the rest of the car is made up from Matt's original car which was also a write off.

The car was due to go to the DVLA for the appropriate vehicle inspection to be re-registered for the road when it broke down (as I understood it whilst being driven :Pling: home from the previous garage).

My interpretation is that with no registration it can't have any tax so can't be driven on a public highway. I'm not 100% sure about the legalities so was genuinely curious

I'm surprised Matt didn't tell you this when he sent it down to you though.

Mike

Only just seen this, the car is under its original plate (altought Hyper attached the old plate to the rear for some reason) as that is what the car is. it can be legally driven when it has an MOT. The only thing the VIC test does is determine the authenticity of the car, doesnt say whether or not its road worthy or not, thats what an MOT is for. I'm not sure about the legalities of driving it on trader plates before an MOT though.

The car can also be driven on the premise that its going for an MOT

Thanks for all the speculation guys, a little bit of knowledge can be a dangerous thing as you guys have shown :rolleyes:

Edited by Matt H (see edit history)

it was a written off shell rejigged and repaired but it has not been registered yet so technical the car dose not exist at the moment if that makes seance ?

Get your facts right. It was not re-jigged, the chassis was untouched.. :rolleyes:

and the car still has its plate and is still the same car it was before its write off albeit repairs. :rolleyes:

Well i have to say i am mightily impressed with AFR's service thus far. Both of the major issues confirmed as sorted and great communication to boot.

Looks like this could be the first place i've taken my car and actually got great job done!! only took 3 years of ownership to find!! :D

What was wrong with the tranny in the end?

Fluid. Matt said there was a hose (sent pic as well) that was badly torn and was leaking trans fluid. Matt replaced the hose, changed the fluid and jobs a good'n i believe :)

Hopefully the Tein gear arrives tomorrow so that should be fitted and then the allignment can be done :) all steam ahead.

Other "maybe not straight" forward tasks to tackle are the ABS / Slip control and the heater and i havent the foggiest why thats playing up